Weekend plans

blood_magik

Visit site
Thought I’d start seeing as there isn’t one already up and running.

I’m taking the two big boys to our local venue on Saturday.

After last weekend’s minor disaster I spent Sunday building a slightly altered version of the newcomers course at home and jumped both boys round it last night.

Beau was fab so I’m thinking of moving him back up to the 1.10m. Blue was a bit trickier to manoeuvre but we got there in the end - I need to work on getting set up in between fences quicker.

We’re pencilled in to try our first 1.15m on Wednesday so hoping this weekend goes well and we’re feeling confident.

And finally, Henry got the all-clear from the vet yesterday so I can start bringing him back into work once he’s been shod. 🙌

Hope everyone has a good weekend 🙂

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Good luck BM!
I am having a non horsey weekend (boo). OH has won a national prize in a cycling competition and we are off to some black tie do in Oxford where he will be presented with it. I don't do dresses and heels very often really - far happier in jeans and jodhs - but I will do my best!

Fiona

Visit site
Wow good luck with the 1.15, black tie dinner, and the chance to ride properly again guys..... x x

I was out competing or lesson on Sat/Sun/Mon last week, so my 7yo has (rightly) insisted that its his turn this weekend.

I've booked him and his pony into a RC dressage clinic on Sunday (and me :) ), and we might go and SJ somewhere too on Saturday.

Fiona

DirectorFury

Visit site
Good luck and have fun to everyone this weekend :).
I'm hacking for the first time since last Weds (!) as my new hat has taken a week to turn up <not impressed>. Saturday we'll go to the common and Sunday probably the beach.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Good luck to all those competing. If you get bored at the black tie event Ambers Echo feel free to pop in 😁 I am off to a groundwork/Liberty lesson with both boys this weekend. DP can get very stressed in unfamiliar surroundings and I want to find a way to connect when he is so tense and not listening to me.

JackInABox

Visit site
I've got my fourth side saddle lesson on Saturday, I'm trying a different riding school that's nearer to uni (well, still three hours on public transport!). I've been well and truly bitten by the bug, I wish there were more places to have lessons on school horses as owning is still a good few years off for me.

Good luck to everyone competing and I hope everyone's lessons are productive!

Wheels

Visit site
Ooh I'd love to try side saddle!

I have a flat lesson on Saturday and will jump at home on Sunday. I have rather an unfortunately large amount of housework / clearing out to do to after having a few rooms decorated, junk just got dumped in 2 spare rooms and I have to sort it - eurgh!

blitznbobs

Visit site
First clinic with big boy this weekend - looking forward to it cos we have a couple of issues and want a bit of advice of whether to ride thru it or take another tack ... just waiting for confirmation of cobbo’s bd registration if it comes thru before Monday we’re doing our first bd in5 years next Friday...

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Love these threads. Other people getting out and about inspires me to ignore the shite weather and crack on.... Good luck everyone competing. Hope new saddle works out well Pippity. My new saddle keeps slipping forward grrr.
I'd love to try side saddle one day JackinaBox. At a comp venue near me a woman competes arena eventing side saddle. It does not look very comfortable. But sedately meandering down an avenue of lime trees appeals more.
LindyLouAnne thanks! I am sure I'd have more fun playing ponies than pretending to be posh. But I am very proud of OH so the awards bit will be nice at least
Where are you off to Chippers?

Chippers1

Visit site
@Ambers Echo going to Norway to do some whale watching, I'm so excited! I love Humpback whales so really hoping to see one.

I'd love to try side saddle too, the yard owner and her daughter used to ride/compete side saddle so do lessons occasionally, I should ask for one seeing as it's on site!

Chippers1

Visit site
-5 feels like -14 on the last weather report I read 😅 I hate being cold as well!
I have some fancy Mountain Horse snowy riders that I plan on wearing and they're pretty warm so at least my feet will (hopefully!) Be warm.

McFluff

Visit site
Good luck everyone, lovely to hear about all the plans.

I have a saddle check on Saturday then our first competition of 2019. And for some reason, at the time of entering, I thought it would be good to have a bash at affiliated novice for the first time. So it will be interesting...

DressageCob

Visit site
Good luck to everyone competing!

I'm just messing around with lessons on Saturday on both cobs.

Then on Sunday I'm taking the little cyclops to do MyQuest Novice. We haven't done MyQuest before but I thought it would be a nice stepping stone towards returning to "proper" affiliated with the little chap. It's at a very local venue, which is good, but in a big spooky indoor arena. And BD haven't yet confirmed they are happy with my visor, but that doesn't matter. I will go and be disqualified, so long as I'm allowed to do my test! I have no grand ambitions.

I'm taking with me one of our pony clubbers (where I stable is a riding school with a pony club centre) who is borrowing a riding school pony to make her BD debut in the prelim. She's very excited.

I think I will just hack with the big cob, since I'll be out most of the day with the little one.

I need to find another SJ to take him to soon, since eventing season is getting ever closer and it's on my list for this year!

oldie48

Visit site
Good luck with your comps and MP just chill and get yourself completely better. I am hacking Rose out tomorrow, just hopng it won't be too cold. Saturday My Quest and Team Quest first comps at Novice. We are not really ready for novice and I haven't even hacked through nov 30 but we'll do our best, canter is and will be an issue for a while yet, but hey! Sunday I am taking my grand daughter out to lunch for her birthday and a bit of shopping too is on the cards, I am looking forward to seeing her, she's a real sweetie!

Curly_Feather

Visit site
I always read these threads but never really join in. I vow to, from now on :p

No plans for us, other than a splash in the dam on Sunday morning. This was my first week back after a nice long holiday. Still have to break the news to my instructor that I did not enter the show she wanted me to, for next weekend. I just feel very unprepared, and not in the mood to continue our very underwhelming debut at 2nd. Also, just general blahness from being back at work and into a frantic routine after weeks of relaxing at the beach.

Bernster

Visit site
Brrr sounds like some might be in for a cold weeekend. Side saddle sounds intriguing but I’m so crooked I think I’d just plop off the side!

Not sure for Saturday as have some chores to do, yawn, but hope to fit in a hack out. Sunday the long overdue tidy up as F is looking a bit hairy and bedraggled and sj practice as I am aiming to jump at least 1 a week to help my confidence.

Look forward to the Quest reports. We’ll be doing our first one soon. Practised P12 in my lesson and it felt horrible so lots to work on!

Denbob

Visit site
Beastie's first ever dressage outing has been put on hold due to lack of saddle *grr* so long-reining boot camp will continue and then going to cheer on what seems like the whole yard dressaging on Sunday! Will be nice to get a feel for the venue before going, and seeing everyone else compete will only leave me slightly green :p

Hope everyone enjoys whatever they're doing, horsey or otherwise!

Pippity

Visit site
I tried sidesaddle once. I felt very unstable but was persuaded to go for a little hack out on the downs with the pony's owner at her head. As soon as the pony's feet hit the grass, she dropped a shoulder, swung, and I toppled neatly over her shoulder. "She's never done that before," said the pony's owner, staring at the pony's bum as she trotted happily home. (No roads, thankfully - yard opened straight onto the downs.)

True, she'd never dropped a shoulder, but she had thrown an almighty bronc to toss me out of a Aussie stock saddle.

I've given up on all these saddles that are supposedly harder to fall out of!

albeg

Visit site
After last weekend's plans changing, hopefully this weekend I'll actually get to clean pony up a bit. His mane is driving me mad, it's all different lengths and all over the place, so if nothing else, I'll attack that at some point tomorrow. Over to vet first to pick up a supply of his respiratory supplement. A friend is probably going to come ride him too, so we'll have a bit of fun with him in the afternoon.

Sunday we're off route scouting for TREC.

Not part of the weekend, but we've a dressage lesson Tuesday evening, so looking forward to that.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Heading off to the treadmill shortly with Cassie, then dropping her off at my trainer's yard on the way back for 3 weeks on full livery so we can get back into the swing of things - there's a lovely indoor school, so no excuses with the weather! We also get a chance to hack a bit as well when we are there. Then a PC rally tomorrow for my pony and his sharer - it's going to be cold watching!!! Brrrrrr.

Good luck to all those out and about - enjoy and keep safe. :) x

DirectorFury

Visit site
We hacked earlier and I don't think I'll ever get dry again! My magical waterproof breeches leaked and the rain got through both of my coats and a jumper so I'm wet everywhere :mad:. On the plus side we were boot-free and she was fine over the rocky bits AND she was in a DR legal bit and taking the contact. And my new gloves are 100% waterproof!

Can someone point me in the direction of a coat that's actually waterproof? The top coat I had on was a £300 Musto sailing one so I am not impressed that it leaked...

Alibear

Visit site
Off for a hack round Thetford forest with friend tomorrow, which will be only our 2nd ride back and the longest I've ridden in my new saddle that I got back in early November. Really looking forwards to it. I think Sunday will be recovery from a triple family birthday celebration on Saturday night which includes my sons 21st :) That can't actually be possible as I'm still only in my 20s aren't I? :p