Weekend plans!

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm just having lessons on Saturday and then taking both cobs to combined training on Sunday. I'm doing a baby class with the one eyed guy, just to see what he thinks, and then 75cm/N34 with the big lad.

We were on camp last weekend and feeling more confident so actually looking forward to jumping with both ponies :)

McFluff

Visit site
I have BD on Saturday with P17A and N27. I’m hoping my recent attempts at novice make the prelim feel easier. Day off for horse on Sunday, so I’m writing.

Good luck everyone, and healing vibes for your pony Fiona.

Horseback archery is great fun...and you don’t need to be a good rider, just able to stay on in a straight line!

JFTDWS

Visit site
The archery sounds fun! There's a place around here that does that, I've always fancied a go but I don't think my riding skill is up to it yet. Speaking of riding skill, my goal this weekend is to get my diagonal consistently and not make my coach loose her nut ;-)

You'd be fine on an experienced horse - I've done it before on a trained horse, years ago. There were very novice riders there too - some of the people over here use stock saddles so it's super easy to stay on board and go in a straight line on a sensible horse!

This time I'm taking my mare to train her to it. Hopefully she'll be as sensible about it as she is about the rest of her daft jobs!

Have fun with the diagonals ;)

Hallo2012

Visit site
For your little man???

FIona

hiya yes both for the mega midget-will be available to limited mares next year as dont want to blow his mind, and he is off to what looks a really quiet nice indoor dressage show on sun......he has been an absolute joy all week so hoping for 2 x nice quiet tests :)

Fiona

Visit site
hiya yes both for the mega midget-will be available to limited mares next year as dont want to blow his mind, and he is off to what looks a really quiet nice indoor dressage show on sun......he has been an absolute joy all week so hoping for 2 x nice quiet tests :)

Fab - will look out for the pics :) Good luck x

Fiona

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Can't resist sharing this. Sorry I post too many pictures of Amber! But I am so happy we jumped something so big and I feel like I am more in balance than I was through the winter. I'd never have dared if I had to place her myself but the grid did that for me! One day I will do this height without being set up for it first by a grid....

ihatework

Visit site
Can't resist sharing this. Sorry I post too many pictures of Amber! But I am so happy we jumped something so big and I feel like I am more in balance than I was through the winter. I'd never have dared if I had to place her myself but the grid did that for me! One day I will do this height without being set up for it first by a grid....

I do like this mare. If you are ever selling do let me know 😜

Hannahgb

Visit site
Mine have now been totally ruined as found as yesterday both horses will be retired.. so guess thats the end of horsey weekends! Absolutely gutted

Bernster

Visit site
AE that is fabulous, you are doing so well!
Niki - Cas looks really good. I like the look of that bridle so interested to hear how you get on.

I had a run of outings over about 5 weeks which at the time I thought would be too much as we don’t normally go out that much. But actually it went well, did some good training and blew away some cobwebs and nerves along the way. But the best laid plans and all that...last weekend we had an unexpected weekend off as F felt a teeny bit stiff through his shoulder. Turns out he’s bashed himself somehow and needed some massage and time off, but nothing major. Will hack this weekend to see how he is and if he’s back on form we’re out next weekend for Munstead 60 ode. Just back from the US this morning, so a quiet one will do me good too.

tristar

Visit site
is this just for competitions,? hoping to show warrior the longreins, just a look at them going behind him.

DirectorFury

Visit site
We hacked yesterday and I have loads of work to do so no ponies for me today :(. On the plus side I now understand why everyone raves about riding tights. It also turns out the trick to catching my horse is not food, or walking down, or taking all the other horses out of the field. You just have to stare at the hedge for 5 minutes and she comes over and practically puts her own headcollar on :rolleyes:. I wish I knew what was going on in her head!

She also hates the eggbutt french link so we'll be back to the mullen hanging cheek tomorrow :).

Attachments

• 56726512_10157272421291882_8796087627729076224_n.jpg
    56726512_10157272421291882_8796087627729076224_n.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 6

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Just back from an excellent test riding clinic with Tessa Thorne. Never ridden with her before so I wasn't sure what to expect. She was lovely about kira and had so many good exercises for us, I think it's the best clinic I've done 😁 such a buzz, you have to do official BD training if you want to try out for teams but I don't usually find it that productive compared to my regular lessons.

Anyway. We have some homework... e.g. adding an extra step in the canter piris gives me the edge in terms of control and then the quality is better. Kira is super happy to wang round but if she lets me dictate the size of each *step* not just the size of the piri, then she sits more and stays more connected.

We also got an exercise for the walk piris which will have a similar effect ;)
Basically kira knows so much about the advanced work, the task now is to put me back in control cos that's how we'll pull the scores up! 😂

Asha

Visit site
A good day had at Eland . Aria did a good test in the dressage even with a couple of mistakes getting 29.5 , then got a bit close to the vertical in the jumping so had a fence , then stormed the xc , with 0.4 time faults for going too fast. So finished on a respectable 33.9 for 13th place . My favourite bit of the day was the visit to the tack shop . Some lovely stuff in there , but controlled myself and just bought a couple of cheap whips , who can say no to £5.75 ones ! Loved the view of the xc course too

ScampiBigMan

Visit site
Lovely to have so much sunshine even if the wind is a little chilly!

We finally got out XC schooling on Thursday with both horses. Weather, ground and horses were all great. Good preparation for first events next week. Some videos below courtesy of wonderful and (v) long suuffering OH, Reilee first then Phoenix - they share the same sire and Reilee is also related to another very special horse of mine through her dam line. Privileged to ride them:

https://youtu.be/_spkc7A_kho

Last edited:

JFTDWS

Visit site
I think it's fair to say, Captain Carrot excelled herself today! Really super session with Simon Harding* doing horseback archery this morning. Carrot was predictably zen about it, but actually all the horses there took to it well, and it was a really well run event. I didn't really expect to be cantering around shooting on her so quickly, but she was utterly perfect about it :D

57181916_996943420514704_8441075999092768768_n.jpg

57096990_996942723848107_8990572534395043840_n.jpg

*who can be found on facebook, if anyone in the East of England is interested in playing at insane fun stuff.

More Carrot photos / rambling: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Hotbloodedhighland/photos/?tab=album&album_id=996942440514802

Chippers1

Visit site
Another local show, another 4 hour wait for my class 🙄 I'm done now, not doing any more local shows, I can't be doing with the hanging around.
Judge again said Buzz didn't have enough condition so I'm now realising that I'm too s*it of a rider to get muscles built in the right place or anything. His neck is very weedy. Theres no hills around me so I'll have to box to some. Ive done a lot of fittening work in prep for upcoming hunter trials and events so he's not got much fat on him and he's just about to move into the huge lush summer field so he'll put some weight on soon.
Feeling really down and rubbish, like I can't do anything right by him. And we had a stop but the jump was particularly spooky so I'll let him off.
Here's some photos (the first jump was a hilarious leap)
20190414_181600.jpg
20190414_181620.jpg
20190414_181641.jpg
20190414_181657.jpg
20190414_181747.jpg
20190414_181718.jpg

Chippers1

Visit site
Thank you @JFTD-WS :) i was pretty upset coming out, especially as this morning I was just saying how shiny is coat was, he had a sheen on it which is difficult to see with greys!

Edit: shine isn't easy to see in the photos 😅

Snowfilly

Visit site
Judges, especially at local level, can be pretty useless at assessing condition and even higher level Judges prefer to see a rounder, show condition horse over a good, fit, lean one so you'll never get him in the right condition for two jobs at the same time. He looks fit and well, ignore them and focus on something where you can take control of the outcomes!

Can't help on the 4 hour wait side of things mind.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Thank you @JFTD-WS :) i was pretty upset coming out, especially as this morning I was just saying how shiny is coat was, he had a sheen on it which is difficult to see with greys!

Edit: shine isn't easy to see in the photos 😅

I'd always rather see one looking like him than round. I wish my ponies looked that slim! Seriously, don't let it bother you - he's fine condition wise (aye, everything could use more top line, but...), and every video I've seen of you is perfectly encouraging and pleasant viewing.