Weekend plans :)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Hurrah Godzilla has gone and I can browse again!

Some fab days out and fb pictures. Love the XC pics Chippers. Eland is a great venue.
What a shame your son got a grumpy judge, Fiona. My friend had a FOUR year old doing a dressage test which was called for her. The move 1/2 10m circle from B to X and 1/2 10m circle from X to E was translated by mum as 'squiggle in the middle' and this was noted as inappropriate on the test sheet and they were warned they faced disqualification for not calling it as written!!!! But some judges are lovely.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Ugh awkward, AE! :( difficult because it is in da rules so I guess the judge felt duty bound to point that out - better now than at a big show when she's older I guess ;)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Ugh awkward, AE! :( difficult because it is in da rules so I guess the judge felt duty bound to point that out - better now than at a big show when she's older I guess ;)

True, but there are less po faced ways of pointing it out to a 4 year old! But yes I suppose judge felt she had to say something. And at least she didn't disqualify them!

Fiona

Visit site
Hurrah Godzilla has gone and I can browse again!

Some fab days out and fb pictures. Love the XC pics Chippers. Eland is a great venue.
What a shame your son got a grumpy judge, Fiona. My friend had a FOUR year old doing a dressage test which was called for her. The move 1/2 10m circle from B to X and 1/2 10m circle from X to E was translated by mum as 'squiggle in the middle' and this was noted as inappropriate on the test sheet and they were warned they faced disqualification for not calling it as written!!!! But some judges are lovely.

The test wasn't allowed to be called, so he had to learn it, which he did perfectly.... So proud of my 7yo...

Tell your friend about demi dressage, it's online dressage for kids. We've been doing it ..

Fiona

rara007

Visit site
Slight late comer to the party. We were away at Windsor regional and managed to secure our national championships qualification with a dressage win on 61.4 (which also is 61.6%), nice cones with just 1 down that was my fault, 1 down I don't even know how and a tiny bit of time so we had the overnight lead. Managed to just cling onto it around a tight trappy marathon.
Massive team effort to get me there as my usual support crew were away and we didn't have the smoothest run up so all in a much better than forecast result!
61574131_10161648819665648_3727978978103787520_n.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Signing off for last weekend's WPs ;)
Kira had another good lesson in trotting bootcamp yesterday. Starting to get what has been named "Expensive Trot", that is, the trot of a big posh expensive horse (albeit with fluffy white legwarmers, but, you know.)
When she gets the idea of proper engagement and proper forwardness you can just slow the tempo slightly and then she produces a bit of suspension, whodathunk it, that square little body can actually float about ;)
Couple of weeks to practice that before next lesson, Kira will be glad about that.

And it's Salty's birthday today! Birthday collage below :p

62255038_2529833233694838_1460286711681515520_n.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
Naw, happy birthday Salty :D

I screwed up my end of weekend by dismounting on rutted ground and landing with my foot sideways. Ankle is now black and slightly oddly shaped :p I had to ride bareback today as I didn't think I'd get my boots on!