Weekend plans :)

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
beautiful photos. Your horse is so shiny <3

Thank you so much! I actually don't use any 'shine' products on him, hes lucky to get a flick over with a bush most of the time!!
He's always had a glossy coat but I have been feeding him Linseed oil for about 6 months and I do think that has made his coat even more wow:p

Asha

Visit site
We enjoyed our day out at Stafford, The ginger beasty was happy to be back out, did her best test to date, she was very chilled out, and got a 26.5 dressage score, then a lovely clear SJ. She flew out of the start box xc, and had a blast until the water. Shes never had to jump down into water ( it was only a small jump down) and had a wee meltdown. Got through it, but it did upset her, she flew the rest of the jumps, but had another refusal at the sunken rd. She must have thought there was more water. So back to training in the water for abit. Token pretty photo of aria

Attachments

• ariastafford.jpg
    ariastafford.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 8

zaminda

Visit site
So having managed to fit in a gallops session on Friday we went for some arena hire on Sunday. Tamba jumped beautifully popping round a simple course at 80cm and 90cm without any fuss and feeling much straighter through the air than he has in the past. He has to go first as he point blank won't stand on the lorry but will stand tied up next to it! He also gets stroppy if he is second!!
Then Winnie had a jump. The quality of her paces has improved hugely this year and bend is starting to become a thing which is lovely. She was incredibly sticky starting off, but progressed to 90cm happily enough even if we did do a bit of stand still jump practice!! Looking back she hasn't jumped properly since the beginning of April so that would be about right for her!!
Hopefully we will keep jumping a bit more regularly now although it's hard to fit in sometimes!!
Looks like it was a busy weekend for most!! Time to start planning for the next one!

Attachments

• IMG-20190714-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20190714-WA0014.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20190714-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190714-WA0007.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 7

JulesRules

Visit site
So we lived to tell the tale on Saturday. I quite enjoyed going showing although our inexperience was obvious in the ring up against others who clearly show regularly. The brat pony was very well behaved considering there was a lot going on, he just got a bit excited trotting and catering around with the others and threw in a few excited bucks. He napped slightly in the ridden show in the first class and I got a bit lost in my ridden show in the 2nd class and was just riding around randomly🙈

On the plus side we learned a lot for next time. A couple of friends came and we all had a lovely day out and his breeder even came to see him.

Anyway, here is a picture of us pretending we know what we are doing 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190716-162023_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190716-162023_Gallery.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 7

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Goals Bernster!
yes, this!!

Kira and I had a hot and sweaty lesson this afternoon. It's lovely to be indoors out of the flies but definitely makes the super close weather feel even more oppressive, as there's no breeze at all o_O

Anyway, it was a good confidence booster. I had been having a bit of a wobble and feeling a bit incompetent so we just reviewed some of the things I've been having doubts about and turns out that I was right after all and it's all fine :D d'oh!
I felt like the canter piris had slowed down so much I was able to finally ride them, rather than kind of get taken and then realise it's all over. But I wasn't sure if they were too slow or too flat - nope they are fine, and so long as I make sure her left hind stays tucked underneath in a right piri they are actually quite good, small and controlled, yay!

We haven't done any half steps in a lesson for yonks because we got stuck into expensive trot bootcamp, so I had kind of lost the feel for them at home and felt like she was again too slow and too flat. But actually she keeps on pushing away even when you really bring it back towards on the spot, she's sitting and her balance is good, and as there's no moment of suspension then of course its going to feel flat. Before, she was getting croup high at times and that's where the bounce came from, i.e. it was wrong. Gah. Feel like a beginner again.

Anyway, hot but happy cob, she knows she's in the right and I just have to catch up with her!

66696177_2607122525965908_7821185817392447488_n.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
There may have been no breeze where you are, MP, but I had a literal, actual mini-tornado in my field today :oops:

Always good to have a plan, Bernster! I had a potential goal drift in front of me on Sunday, and I shied away from it like a half-fit hunter on a chilly winter morning... I'm a coward.

Bernster

Visit site
Hmm JFTD sounds like some goal getting is in order for you too? You’re no coward, you shoot stuff off the back of cantering horses!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
maybe we need a mid year goal setting thread. We've had them at the turn of the year previously but this time of year tends to be quite inspiring...?

I've just been invited to be someone's pair for Pas de Deux, so I don't mind starting :p

Wheels

Visit site
yes, this!!

Kira and I had a hot and sweaty lesson this afternoon. It's lovely to be indoors out of the flies but definitely makes the super close weather feel even more oppressive, as there's no breeze at all o_O

Anyway, it was a good confidence booster. I had been having a bit of a wobble and feeling a bit incompetent so we just reviewed some of the things I've been having doubts about and turns out that I was right after all and it's all fine :D d'oh!
I felt like the canter piris had slowed down so much I was able to finally ride them, rather than kind of get taken and then realise it's all over. But I wasn't sure if they were too slow or too flat - nope they are fine, and so long as I make sure her left hind stays tucked underneath in a right piri they are actually quite good, small and controlled, yay!

We haven't done any half steps in a lesson for yonks because we got stuck into expensive trot bootcamp, so I had kind of lost the feel for them at home and felt like she was again too slow and too flat. But actually she keeps on pushing away even when you really bring it back towards on the spot, she's sitting and her balance is good, and as there's no moment of suspension then of course its going to feel flat. Before, she was getting croup high at times and that's where the bounce came from, i.e. it was wrong. Gah. Feel like a beginner again.

Anyway, hot but happy cob, she knows she's in the right and I just have to catch up with her!

66696177_2607122525965908_7821185817392447488_n.jpg

Love this, so inspiring :)

showjumpingharry

Visit site
Thought I should reply on this thread as it was Monday 🤣

Harry’s 3rd out of three in his local hunter class but he was beaten by two classy horses and behaved impeccably in the main ring and went beautifully so I don’t mind 😀😀

Bella had her first showing outing as a grown up pony and was second in a very good large class of mixed small breeds. Then won her ridden D/E/S class beating two county ponies and got some lovely comments from the judge so I was very pleased and proud of her and my little sister ☺️☺️