Weekend plans :)

DressageCob

Visit site
Well done Chippers! That seems much better! Did they use the hideous fence 2 from the BE80 in your class? When you said scary fence 2 I had flashbacks 😄

I had a fun outing to Beaver Hall with the cobs. Big cob found it all a bit of an eyeful (he hasn’t been there before) but settled down by the time of his second test. He won both classes despite being tense 😁

Then I got Albert put for his test. He seemed really chilled before I got on so I put spurs on just in case. Big mistake. He was super forwards and flying around. If dressage were a speed event he would have wiped the floor with everyone! As it was, he cane second and now has elementary points, which is a big tick off the bucket list for us as a partnership. Not that he cares... it meant a lot to me given the saga which now is nearly a year ago. I wasn’t sure we’d get to this point so feeling a tad emotional 😂

Chippers1

Visit site
Ah I did the 70 so I could avoid it 😅 but he still hates the brush fence they have in there! The first competitor in the 80 fell off at the second fence but landed on the fence and was there for a while (she was ok), it's far too wide!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Great pics chippers and congrats to DC, I'm not surprised that has made you emotional, what a milestone that is for you both.

All quiet here, accidentally had a go at third gear on Darcy yesterday :p I don't think he was expecting to do a whole lap of trot without then also going off for a canter o_O Anyway pleased that he remembered what "whoa" meant and didn't get too carried away. Managed to stay in trot today ;) Need to get a bit stronger and better steering before going any faster!

He's getting better at posing tho.
66643029_2599887763356051_4058547866254180352_n.jpg

Snowfilly

Visit site
Working Saturday and a quick session on Teddy then a rare Sunday off to prep my ponies for Stithians Show on Monday with Harry and Bella :)

What classes are you doing at Stithians? I'm up there all day but only watching - just got back from a day camped out watching the jumping at Praze Fair, this is peak show week in Cornwall I think!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
"Not a great day on paper" is becoming the story of my eventing life. With the exception of my double clear at Somerford which looked great on paper but was a very chaotic, heart-in-mouth, nearly went very pear shaped performance!

Wheels

Visit site
"Not a great day on paper" is becoming the story of my eventing life. With the exception of my double clear at Somerford which looked great on paper but was a very chaotic, heart-in-mouth, nearly went very pear shaped performance!

You will have your day :)

Keep at it! Training and practise makes perfect

DressageCob

Visit site
Ah I did the 70 so I could avoid it 😅 but he still hates the brush fence they have in there! The first competitor in the 80 fell off at the second fence but landed on the fence and was there for a while (she was ok), it's far too wide!

I’m not surprised, it’s a hideous fence! I got my video of the XC and the screenshot of that jump is amusing...

CE070482-9759-4F45-A04C-C5F26BDA71B9.jpeg

Chippers1

Visit site
@DressageCob that's hilarious 😅😅 I'm going to go back there schooling soon and I'll see if Buzz will go over it, I'm guessing not! Apparently when my friend was walking the course on Friday there were people measuring it as they couldn't believe it was so wide. It's actually 75cm high so nice height but just so wide!!

Reacher

Visit site
Well done AE, disappointing about the dressage, maybe the judge marked everyone hard?
Great pics chippers, well done DC and especially Albert, you must be so pleased.
Had dressage lesson yesterday, changed plan and had it in arena as have a test to practise as I did a list minute entry for a be80 next week!! (First proper BE for Mr H). We struggle with left rein canter, either change behind or break, or I use too much leg and Mr H kicks out then breaks! Dressage RI had a sit on him and advised me to use less hand and leg and more seat. Made it look easy.... so I had a go and nearly managed the whole canter sequence for the first time. Then tried it as part of the test and canter broke....putting it down to tiredness(positive thinking, eh?!)
Final xc session today then bringing him home from boot camp.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site

I think the whale is worse!!

Asha

Visit site
AE , it will come together. I’m having a lesson with a dressage judge on Monday. Maybe ty something like that ? Well done chippers and DC , fab photos .
I took Pip to do a couple of very small SJ classes . We where both rubbish . We got round but had a couple down in both classes . Going to have to work on my nerves and our canter . I looked like I’d only been riding a few weeks 😞. Off to Stafford now , to see how it’s done properly 😜

Wheels

Visit site
Had a really good first lesson with new dressage instructor, enjoyed it so much we're booked in again for next Sunday :)

M is heavier in the right rein than the left so we did a few exercises around that and my homework is to continue working on them.

We also got 4 or 5 strides of good quality medium trot which is something we've struggled with so yay :)

oldie48

Visit site
I've had a lovely weekend. Friday I hacked Rose followed with a bit of low level schooling and she was lovely, in the afternoon the vet who did her 5 stage came to do her teeth and was hugely complimentary about how she is looking. Friday eve OH took me out to dinner for our wedding anniversary (30 years) and we talked about how we were going to live our next 30 years together. Rather optimistic as I am already quite old but heart warming and the meal was excellent!
Saturday I did a day clinic which was interesting and thought provoking and today I went to a polework clinic. I'm trying to do more stuff with other horses around and this weekend was perfect for that. Rose has had a very busy week and looks a bit tired but she didn't put a foot wrong, stood happily on the lorry between sessions and was completely unfazed by the three different arenas that she worked in, all of them were quite spooky.

Denbob

Visit site
DC how amazing! No surprise you're a bit emotional that's fab.
AE that's frustrating but as others have said I'm sure you'll crack it.
Chippers lovely pictures :)

A bit of a meh report here I think, the test felt better and more forward but my scores were worse, a few 7's and a 5 because the markers were laid out wrong so I didn't actually ride a free walk on a long rein... Got halfway through it and wavered and then did ride it and just eh. Still 61.1% and 4th place is nothing to sniff at!

On the definitely positive side, the moments that were good felt really good. Plus I finally braved riding without my back protector which is a huge thing as I've been really leaning on it to feel safe, and even though it's a sensible thing to wear I'd like to not rely on it forever so on a personal level that's a gold star. Hopefully a few good pro pictures as well so not a total waste 😉

JFTDWS

Visit site
Oldie48 wanted a video. I oblige... It's actually pretty rubbish because the cameraman seemed to be having issues (to be fair, usually very reliable!), and because we've encountered a few issues recently - little headflick issue where she's not 100% confident with what were doing last time, so we're taking a step back to some easier stuff for now. Because I'm thinking about her, the actual archery is a bit mediocre (even for me, as totally untalented novice), but hey ho...

Fiona

Visit site
Home from area Tetrathlon with 4th individual and 2nd team, completely knackered.

Plus cough still hasn't gone, so I'm so glad we had decided to come home and not stay overnight.

Congratulations everyone on your lovely weekends x x

Cheers everyone (I'm on the hot whiskey.... to clear my cough you understand 🤣) x x

Fiona

Last edited:

oldie48

Visit site
JFTD, I love the video, thanks for posting it. I really enjoy learning about the things other people do with their horses, it's os easy to get trapped in our own little bubble!

JFTDWS

Visit site
JFTD, I love the video, thanks for posting it. I really enjoy learning about the things other people do with their horses, it's os easy to get trapped in our own little bubble!

Cheers. I love alternative horse sports (obviously!), I love the different ethos and feel you get in different sports. I live in hope of some day finding somewhere I "fit in" 🤣 But as it is, I think I've taken something positive from every sport I've dabbled in, so it's all good :D

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Had an amazing time at the beach, it was our 2nd time there, Rocky was still a bit wary of the sea at first but then decided it's actually great fun trying to soak your rider ;)
We got up nice and early and it was so worth it, we practically had the beach to ourselves, can't wait to go back!!

58526.jpg

Last edited: