Weekend plans

catkin

Visit site
We do 2 exercise sheets too, although our waterproof one still billows a bit. I've got my eyes open for a heavier weight waterproof one to kill 2 birds with one stone

We are using 2 waterproof ones - the longer one with a big tail flap underneath, and the shorter one on top which seems to hold down the billowing a bit with its weight and fillet string passing over the sides of the underneath one. (for info on sizing/styles if useful - underneath is a Mark Todd, top a Shires hi-viz)

Dyllymoo

Visit site
This weather.... I'm loosing the will!

BUT because it wasn't raining when it said it was meant to this morning we went for a solo hack around the block. We encountered everything we could (his hi vis sheet slid off the back, 2 massive lorries coming up behind us (they were very patient as we trotted up the road to let them go past), an electric garage door (possibly trying to eat us), flappy tarp that waited until we got level with it to leap into the air, a dog with a hi vis coat on that we thought was a Shetland until it got close (his ears were up my nose as he LOVES other horses and as soon as he realised it was a dog he sort of sunk and carried on mooching!)…

I came to work with the biggest grin and he seemed chuffed with himself.

Looking at the weather that might be the only ride this weekend, but I'm off Monday so I am aiming for a longer hack then :) J Hack 28.02.2020 Solo.jpg

Sprat

Visit site
Well we are one week post sarcoid op, so no riding for us but plenty of groundwork, long reining and polework to keep her busy little brain occupied.

Rather dull saturday afternoon trip to IKEA with hubby, so please all report back from your outings and keep me entertained!

humblepie

Visit site
Our riding club area qualifier has been postponed due to the high winds forecast. Re-arranged to a date I already have another re-arranged thing on so currently looking to re-arrange that...... Think tomorrow looks like a hide from the weather day and hopefully get a good hack in on Sunday. We haven't competed since the BD associate champs back in November.

dorsetladette

Visit site
We're in the yellow weather warning bit so the only thing we will be doing is getting wet and wind swept haying and feeding field kept ponies.

Everyone enjoy your adventures - I can't wait till we are out and about again.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
The Giraffe and I's three year Owniversary so probably a trip to the beach to celebrate! Not really been in much work but hey ho...
wow! Time flies :D

Well my lurgy seems to be turning into tonsillitis now. What fun! Still quite sore and zombie like but not quite as knackered so still hopeful for sunday :p Another one of our "hardly ridden all week, let's take a fresh horse to a show" outings. Only with hamster cheeks this time ;)

Rosemary28

Visit site
Was hoping to actually do something with P but weather looks rubbish and I've come down with a proper snotty cold so I feel pretty rubbish! OH may have to be on horse duty this weekend if it carries on :(

oldie48

Visit site
Having had such a busy week with Rose, we are both having the weekend off (unless I hack her out on one of the days which is weather dependent) I am having a very stressful time though trying to make a velvet browband, as the one I've ordered hasn't come and I need one for next weekend. I am utterly hopeless! Watched a video of a pre -pubescent child making one and can't follow it. Totally incompetent!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
A bit of a rubbish weekend. I wa supposed to be doing a pole work clinic tonight but, although it is indoors, the route is through Snaith, which is shut with flooding. I can get the long way round but the other participants have cancelled so it is cancelled.

I was going to do some jumping in an arena hire too, but mum needs to move home unexpectedly, so I am now touring EMI Nursing care homes. The horse looks like she is taking a slight back seat again, although I do have a dressage lesson on Wednesday.

Northern

Visit site
Jumping was fun! L had an awesome time, and was a bit buggered by the end. Jumped with a few green moments but was game to give everything a go and saved us a few times as well :) Couldn't have asked for a better jumping outing after a long time just doing schooling and trail rides. I hope with more fitness that she will figure out her legs, she's already half changing around the bends (just not all there yet, which is fine :) ). She also very much enjoyed the green grass while we hung out watching the bigger classes.

Also it seems she has quite the jump in her, see picture below :cool:

Attachments

• 1582967030698.png
    1582967030698.png
    866.4 KB · Views: 32

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
After a stormy wet week we had sunshine for my lesson. The wet weather and 4 days of storms is unheard of here, the rain was exciting and should hopefully keep us going until winter! It's a relief as I was worrying we were going to run out of water.

Our lesson was really good, working more on collection and getting Henry to sit and keep his legs under him. Hard work for both of us but I am getting a much better feel.

Have fun all!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Nothing much here. Forecast is rubbish. Had a friend down Thursday / Friday playing ponies and staying over. Working Sunday morning, have a job interview Monday morning. Don't have the mental capacity to think about pony games in between! But if I got the job, things might be a bit better for doing fun stuff with ponies so it's a step in the right direction!

dorsetladette

Visit site
Sat waiting for landlord to arrive to inspect our little rental house. He said morning, so I'm assuming at 12.10 he is not coming. I suppose the bonus being the house is clean and tidy and I've cleaned my tack and boots while I've been waiting. Down side is I've sat indoors while the weather has been dry and now I can go out to the horses it's started raining! Hopefully it's just a shower and I can do something with the ponies without getting to soggy.

ihatework

Visit site
Well yesterday baby midget horse did an arena hire, I love baby outings!! And my first and only homebred so I obviously have a big pair of rose tinted specs ?

Then this morning I awoke to a river running down my road outside, a very soggy and dripping ceiling and no electric ? So left dealing with that until later and toddled off to watch the big fella jump.

With no Xc facilities open and supposedly an event on Friday we made do with a bit of arena Xc at Wickstead. Not much there to really challenge him but he got his feet wet, and strung together a few Xc fences.

I have now just climbed down from the ladder having removed copious amounts of sludge from my gutters and debating if I need to call an electrician ?

Missidi

Visit site
Having had such a busy week with Rose, we are both having the weekend off (unless I hack her out on one of the days which is weather dependent) I am having a very stressful time though trying to make a velvet browband, as the one I've ordered hasn't come and I need one for next weekend. I am utterly hopeless! Watched a video of a pre -pubescent child making one and can't follow it. Totally incompetent!
I found this video really useful!

Wheels

Visit site
This weather can f*** off now! The rain was so heavy and the drops so big that they actually hurt when they hit my face. Like 1000 miniature viciously thrown water bombs exploding on my cheeks! Not fun

Roxylola

Visit site
Just hop on bare back for a little mooch a e, takes all the pressure off then.
We did not hack - the showers were too heavy, but we did manage a productive half an hour in the school between showers so not a total wash out

HayleyUK

Visit site
Hacked in the sleet before work on Friday - pretty bracing ?

CDJ masterclass yesterday so a day off.

Going down to Stoneleigh this morning - no ponies though; we are going to a fishing show as part of the OH birthday present (joy!) if I’m back in time to squeeze in some schooling - I will have a play in the arena.

low key weekend this weekend! If anyone’s interested in following her journey, I’ve started an instagram blog @crew_crispy_dressage