Weekend plans!

greenbean10

Visit site
The first show I ever did on my horse was an 80cm about a year ago which looked absolutely enormous...and I fell off 3 times that day! So it's definitely all relative and taken a lot of work (mentally as well as physically) to get me comfortable jumping a little bigger.

Chippers1

Visit site
Just before lockdown I was getting much more confident at 80 and without jumping for so long my confidence has gone again but i'm sure it won't be long until i'm back up there :)
Probably doesn't help that Buzz is only 14hh, makes everything look much bigger!
Just have to think back to my first show with him where I bailed after the 3rd jump in the 70 as my nerves got the better of me :D i'm much better than that now!! I'd at least give all the jumps a go haha

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Woo! That would keep me going :D i'm number 14. Start time is just after 10. Looking forward to it!

I've seen your name on start lists before as you share a surname with good riding friends of mine. Any relation to Lucy and Jo?? Anyway I will watch out for you and give you a shout. Katie is number 48 at 11.48. (It's the wrong name on the start sheet). But you may have gone by then! Good luck. xx

Chippers1

Visit site
I've seen your name on start lists before as you share a surname with good riding friends of mine. Any relation to Lucy and Jo?? Anyway I will watch out for you and give you a shout. Katie is number 48 at 11.48. (It's the wrong name on the start sheet). But you may have gone by then! Good luck. xx

No! Do they BE? I think I've seen one of them on the BE website and was amused at the same surname as it's not particularly common (and it's often mis pronounced as well :rolleyes:) maybe they are long lost relatives that I've never met :D

Probably will have gone by then (especially if it rains as much as is forecast) so good luck to her too!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Yes they event. They are both very good. BE100+ and have both qualified for Badminton grassroots. My surname is very unusual and I saw someone living an hour away with my surname posting on Eventing-UK. That really was weird!!

Pippity

Visit site
I sent my physio some videos of Blue, whining that she felt weird behind and should I bring forward the vet check? Physio responded that she feels weird behind because she's actually using her arse and I'm not used to it, so keep on doing what I'm doing.

So, more hacking it is! Oh, no, such misery, such hard work...

smolmaus

Visit site
Instead I get to spend the weekend packing and cleaning as we're moving house on Tuesday!
Exciting! This is my Saturday plan as well, but we don't move until mid-July. I have a lot to get through lol

I have been promised some more jumping in lessons in the next few weeks, I am itching to get above a tiny crosspole! I don't think I've done any real jumping in probably 6 years? And then it was mostly on the little super-pony in my avatar (RIP Harvey, you were a real one) who I could trust to jump anything and everything put in front of him so it will be interesting to see how I get on with school ponies who I don't know and who don't know me. I tend to suffer more from over-confidence than nervousness though so probably a good thing I'm not setting my own pace!

alexomahony

Visit site
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

I'm taking my trailer to be serviced tomorrow morning as I've now sold my little car so can afford to do so! Hurrah :D

Ponies both had teeth and other bits and bobs with the vet yest so Sky will have an easy two days to end his week off - being bathed and hopefully he will let me chop off his weird little goaty feathers if I can get someone to distract him with food!

Maldwyn is still on major diet plan ready for his joint jabs (hoping he could have had them on Thursday but teeth needed a bit of work so had to leave the joint jab due to infection risk). Instead we nerve blocked him just above the left-hind fetlock (his problem area) to make sure it was only this causing the lameness and he still showed v slightly lame after which is a bit concerning. Hoping it will be a secondary issue from him being careful with his fetlock and will 'walk' itself off once his joint is comfy again. *Here's to hoping!** He's super happy in himself still, so that makes me worry slightly less!

Sheep

Visit site
Got to love old mill saddlery!

Dangerous

Think I’ll be heading to old mill saddlery too! I’ve just broken the zip on my only lightweight jods, and am meant to be doing a jumping class on Sunday. Also meant to be finishing off my house renovations and moving back in, so hoping the class runs to time!

Haha see you there ? I need to NOT spend too much money ?

Cherryblossom

Visit site
Good luck with that!

I need to take my black boots down to get the zip replaced but avoiding it because I *need* a new double bridle and a few saddle pads of course!
Don’t even talk to me about that. I’ve just bought a youngster after years of just riding other people’s horses- when it comes to competition gear for me, I’ve got it all, yet I had to go buy a Hoofpick and body brush when she arrived! I’m scared to list what I *need* :oops:

Chippers1

Visit site
Buzz and I came 5th!! I am so so pleased. Yes the course was only 50cm but it did exactly what I wanted it to do, build both of our confidence after not doing xc for almost a year. Buzz was on form and flew round, I'm very unfit so must do better ?
First time we've ever gone clear at Eland. And I got to stand on the podium with my rosette - on my own with no 'official' prize giving but it was still something!

I have some vouchers now so will so a course hire and do the 70 next time.

AE how did Dolly get on? Some of the new jumps were a bit daunting and I thought buzz would back off from them but as they were small I felt better pushing him on to them.

Pippity

Visit site
Plans for a hack in between downpours were derailed by madam having lost a shoe. Bah!

So we practised loading for a bit, and now I'm home studying for my Yachtmaster exams.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
That's brilliant Chippers!! Woohoo a frilly!! We looked out for you but I think we arrived just too late.

Dolly and Katie had an educational and fun round! They have only seen XC fences once since last summer a week ago so they were in at the deep end really, but what I love about HTs at Eland is you can carry on regardless if you have an issue. So it seemed worth just seeing where they were in terms of preparing for some BE comps later on in the season.

Dolly was fit enough which I was very pleased about. Finished full of running. I had been so paranoid about the 2 biggest fences at the end that I was telling her not to hesitate to pull up if Dolly was flagging but no need for that at all. She had 2 stops. 1 when she spooked at the jump judge's car and got distracted and then when Katie rode a bit of a dodgy line to the corner and she ran out. But she jumped both happily 2nd time of asking and jumed the rest confidently so I think they will both have regained a lot of the confidence that they finished with last season.

Screenshot_20200627-121242_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20200627-121209_Video Player.jpg

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Just looked at the results. She was over 4 seconds faster than the winner with a stop and a run out!! I guess they better slow down or they will get too fast penalities. But she is plenty fit enough it seems.

Best part of the day was meeting her full sister. They were both sold together at Puck Fair in Ireland when Dolly was a yearling and her sister a year older. Sold to separate English buyers and have ended up within an hour of each other in Derbyshire!

106616047_3131891690224224_4031779494396101407_o.jpg

little_critter

Visit site
We had a fantastic lesson, we went through some exercises to improve connection and it had what felt like a massive improvement. It pushed our boundaries but actually we coped pretty well which just shows I don’t ask for enough from T, he can do it I just need to be a bit more demanding and not let him give me just 50%.
Very pleased with him, a really worthwhile lesson which should set us up well for MyQuest next weekend.