Weekend plans!!

Nicnac

Visit site
Sounds as if all had a great weekend except Dabs - hope nothing serious. I have realised that I need to rebook lessons - 3.5 months without and I've got back into bad habits such as reins too long! Absolutely loved the DTM; we did it at Novice even though we are not established and delighted to have got 7.5 for interpretation of music and use of arena - we hit all the transitions on time with the music which was my main aim and we can work on everything else as 9th August RC qualifiers is next one. Scored 65% from a BD judge who never overmarks but is very fair so really pleased.

Had a lovely 10k hack Sunday with OH and the dogs, day off yesterday and 7am hack this morning during which he nearly decked me - luckily he's got a lot of mane as was almost a goner!

Getting back to jumping from tomorrow as think (know) he's bored of prancing.

Roxylola

Visit site
Going on the 14th August (only day I could make work!) At 11am :)
I'm off work that week, so definitely possible. Our yard owner was talking about hiring for a session at some point as well, she might want to come too. And of course its subject to my owner being able to transport

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Yes I think i'm going to enter that. Have booked a course hire mid August too so i'll at least get to practice! Currently going on my own if anyone fancies joining :D

Did you happen to notice if the 90 has the Broken Bridge in it this year? Or is it just in the 100. It's another fence I just don't think is fair for the level! They aren't allowed to have it on the BE90 track and it was not in the Team ODE at 90 last year but I think it was in the Hunter Trials.

Chippers1

Visit site
Is that the huge drop fence next to the actual bridge? If so I don't think it was in the 90 but don't quote me on that! I did have a walk up to it to see how scary it is but I don't think it had a 90 number on it

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Did you happen to notice if the 90 has the Broken Bridge in it this year? Or is it just in the 100. It's another fence I just don't think is fair for the level! They aren't allowed to have it on the BE90 track and it was not in the Team ODE at 90 last year but I think it was in the Hunter Trials.

What colour is 90? this is the back of the bridge when my trainer jumped it, the other bigger one looks to have a yellow/ orange number.

221BFFDA-DD1C-488F-A3F7-8FA66E4133CE.jpeg
Looking at my other shots, if that is a pink number it looks to be a 90 fence ?

Ambers Echo

Visit site
90 is orange. It aways used to be in the HT 90 which always put me off. But last year I did the ODEs at 90 and they missed it out. I think it is a pretty daunting fence for a 90 though it does actually ride quite well.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Hmm are you sure on colour? What height am I jumping here ?, I feel I might have been lied to ??

08DF391D-08A4-4D72-8FD9-67ACD70BCFC5.jpeg

Though I agree as a fence it probably rides well and is more a rider frightener, I’ve jumped the one at Smallwood on Topaz and she found it no problem.

ah ok found a different shot that shows the different colours! I wasn’t lied to ?.

Chippers1

Visit site
I have a photo too of the one (and probably only :D) time I jumped that bigger fence! I keep it as my facebook profile picture to remind myself that he can jump big and wide haha.

It was in the 80 course on the last hunter trial which I was surprised about as normally it's the next size down that is used (sharing with the 70 course)

buzz2.jpg

DressageCob

Visit site
Fab polework clinic yesterday working on straightness, I and Gambit really enjoy these. And today we came second in novice 24! Also got my favourite ever comment on a test sheet for our medium trot ?

Sorry I'm just catching up with the various weekend reports.

I just had to say that this comment on your dressage sheet really made me smile. I do love the way feather moves in the medium or extended trot ? Well done on your placing too.

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
Sorry I'm just catching up with the various weekend reports.

I just had to say that this comment on your dressage sheet really made me smile. I do love the way feather moves in the medium or extended trot ? Well done on your placing too.
I was having the same conversation with my instructor on Tuesday night - she’s usually clip and trim it to within an inch of its life but she loves how his feather moves so she allows it ?