Weekend plans!

Chippers1

Visit site
Pairs hunter trial tomorrow, friend has convinced me to do the Novice class which is 75-85...s*itting myself! I've got the afternoon off work (then off until Weds, woo!) so we're going this afternoon to walk the course which won't help my nerves.
I can do it!

Then a long weekend of doing not very much :) have to start knitting for Christmas gifts so i'll be doing that plus taking my horsebox for it's MOT, it's FINALLY DONE!!! so excited to get it back!

Chippers1

Visit site
Thank you :) the other option we had was the Eland 80 pairs so I just keep thinking at least I don't have to jump that 80 (or actually 1m..) hedge/ditch combo!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Not the best lesson for me today. I really struggle to get this horse going forwards, I know it's good for me to learn to ride different kinds of horse but I just got so frustrated with myself (and tired!) for not being able to find the right buttons. I always feel really all over the place when I ride this horse too although watching the video back it doesn't look as bad as it feels. Did a little bit of tiny jumping, and had the worlds slowest 'run out' ever which was kind of depressing (by 'run' I mean slowly shuffling into walk to step around the tiny jump instead of over it).

I'm feeling a bit 'lost' with the horse things at the moment - unsure what the goals are/should be and how to get there. It's like I want more out of it but I'm not 100% sure what! Have approached riding school in area with nicer hacking as my partner wants to come out riding with me so that's something to look forward to.

Chippers1

Visit site
Bit of a disaster...went to walk the course and the jumps were HUGE, and pretty tough - example was ring of fencing which held loads of young trees in plastic sleeves, you jumped into this ring then a path through the trees then out the other side (jumping over the trees each end), it was the scariest looking thing ? so that was worrying me then further on was a bit where you pretty much jumped into a farmyard then jumped out, right next to a huge pile of wrapped hay bales (which buzz finds absolutely terrifying at the best of times). Then after the that the jumps just got bigger and wider until we got to number 13 and it almost came to my chest, my hips are 90cm so this was way over and it was supposed to be a 75-85 course. I pretty much panicked then and was really stressing out as I just thought there's no way I can do this. Luckily my pair is very understanding and agreed to do the smaller course.
Disappointed in myself and a bit annoyed as the next class down is really tiny but there's no way I could have done a fun, confidence building round. It is a very hilly winding course and I was worried about getting round it let alone over everything that height. Also 80% of the jumps were shared with the next height up class, probably why they were so big.
I stressed myself into a migraine and had to have a sleep when I got home but I'm now much more relaxed about the course tomorrow!

I've told my pair I'll do the 80 pairs at eland with her at some point to make up for being a wuss!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I had a really good time at the Andy Thomas Testt clinic today. Kira wasn't feeling terribly compliant but that was useful because the assessment ride showed the reality rather than what happens when it's all going swimmingly :oops:
The man is a total genius! he's got such a good eye and I was sort of amazed by what he managed to change in just a couple of minutes wiggling my legs around, haha. I wish I could do it every day, I might feel like a proper rider then! Got my homework to do so hopefully that will improve things as we go along - has anyone bought the activation kit, because that long band was soooo useful but I'm unsure about using it independently.

Topcob waiting for her carrot ;)

120075780_3662122963799187_1249536850889579495_o.jpg

Cob Life

Visit site
Bringing them home Saturday. The farrier is coming for one with a pulled shoe and I need to do a schooling session with Blue and work on his (currently horrific) canter transitions. I’m hoping the strength hes built being ridden in the field the last 3 months will really help with that

ScampiBigMan

Visit site
Kelsall BE100 tomorrow with Reilee. Jumped her Thursday and her confidence and jumping appear to be intact after Stafford. Got a little feisty when put the fences up a bit (it was a bit cold(!))

Reilee practising

Didn't get into the Novice yesterday with Nix but happy to have done Frickley last week as had such a good variety of natural fences and multiple combinations using angles and the SJ course was a good test of rideability. She would be ready to go back to Intermediate /2* normally but will call it a day for this year and enjoy riding her round here instead. Hack over the mountain planned today :cool:.

Enjoy the weekend everybody :)

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Chippers, where was your pairs? We fancy another go and Eland aren't doing anymore.

Fun but frustrating day at Eland in the pairs. Katie was on Dolly who was in a pair with her full sister. They were bred a year apart and sold to separate English buyers about 5 years ago. And have both ended up in Derbyshire by complete chance! Her sister led to fence 5 then refused (that ditch hedge again!). Katie circled Dolly away as she obviously could not present with the fence obstructed. Then jumped it fine with the other pony following on and flew the rest. Somehow that landed them with an E at that fence?? Oh well. From Dolly's point of virew she jumpoed a lovely clear!

Chippers1

Visit site
Chippers, where was your pairs? We fancy another go and Eland aren't doing anymore.

It was Fernie Hunt in Leicestershire, I don't think I'll go back though, the ground was really undulating but really close together so it wasn't nice to ride on or jump from! Buzz got on with his new pair though and we're currently sat in 10th place (out of a huge class!) Until they finish the class off tomorrow so pretty pleased. He also stopped at one of the fences but it was so small he just walked over so it didn't get classed as a stop ?

Wonder why that was an elimination? My friend won the 50 and was so pleased, she normally has a few stops. She's also just recovering from a broken arm!

I'm doing another pairs HT on the 11th Oct, Atherstone and district. It's also south of me so might be too far? And another I have planned is on the 31st Oct at Danethorpe which is North of me so might be closer to you

Roxylola

Visit site
Oh Lexi,thanks for the pic. We had a wonderful day, 27.3 dressage and honestly I was pretty happy with him it was relaxed and rhythmic. Show jump was, um interesting, we had an unlucky pole at the first, second was fine and I _think_ he went to stop at the third, I said no so he just cantered through it and didnt pick up at all ? apparently that woke him up so he gave everything else some air. He did have a big wee going back to the box so I'm blaming that
Clear and a minute over time xc, which I'm happy with. Better than eland more fluent in his rhythm, we just need to find our pace now

Bernster

Visit site
Did my Andy Thomas rider asymmetry assessment thingy. We did loads in the time!

interestingly, I thought my issue was on the left side but apparently I’m compensating and it’s actually weakness on the right. He did one test with me trying to push against his hand with my leg, the left was fine, the right I had no strength whatsoever. Did a few adjustments off the horse and some twangy elastic exercises on it. Felt more upright in my position. Finnegan went beautifully. Andy T was very complimentary which I found really encouraging and confidence building.

Got my elastic bands and exercises to do now ! Hopefully the start of me looking after myself more and doing a bit more fitness work off the horse.

scats

Visit site
Did my Andy Thomas rider asymmetry assessment thingy. We did loads in the time!

interestingly, I thought my issue was on the left side but apparently I’m compensating and it’s actually weakness on the right. He did one test with me trying to push against his hand with my leg, the left was fine, the right I had no strength whatsoever. Did a few adjustments off the horse and some twangy elastic exercises on it. Felt more upright in my position. Finnegan went beautifully. Andy T was very complimentary which I found really encouraging and confidence building.

Got my elastic bands and exercises to do now ! Hopefully the start of me looking after myself more and doing a bit more fitness work off the horse.

Andy is coming up this way in the next month and doing 2 dates at a local yard. Would you recommend him?
I’m toying with it, but it’s a fair bit of cash.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
It was Fernie Hunt in Leicestershire, I don't think I'll go back though, the ground was really undulating but really close together so it wasn't nice to ride on or jump from! Buzz got on with his new pair though and we're currently sat in 10th place (out of a huge class!) Until they finish the class off tomorrow so pretty pleased. He also stopped at one of the fences but it was so small he just walked over so it didn't get classed as a stop ?

Wonder why that was an elimination? My friend won the 50 and was so pleased, she normally has a few stops. She's also just recovering from a broken arm!

I'm doing another pairs HT on the 11th Oct, Atherstone and district. It's also south of me so might be too far? And another I have planned is on the 31st Oct at Danethorpe which is North of me so might be closer to you

Danethorpe would be fab. I cant see how to enter though??

JulesRules

Visit site
Great lesson for me yesterday. I really feel like Rory and I are getting more consistent. I also ran through my test for Team Quest at Regionals which is Intro C and which I haven't actually done before. It was a really useful exercise as it highlighted the bits that need the most work. Something to work on this week.

Smudge's sharer is really making progress with her too which is fab to see.

Just hacking today. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.