weekend plans

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Well... my weekend plans are out the window for the next two weeks. My OH gets regular Covid tests through work and has tested positive! He had no symptoms of Covid at all - a headache and feeling tired the other day but otherwise fine. We've both got to isolate. I am gutted! :(

JulesRules

Visit site
Well... my weekend plans are out the window for the next two weeks. My OH gets regular Covid tests through work and has tested positive! He had no symptoms of Covid at all - a headache and feeling tired the other day but otherwise fine. We've both got to isolate. I am gutted! :(

Oh b*gger! Hope he carries feeling ok and that you don't have it. Can you get a test?

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
It's such a pain. In theory I shouldn't book a test because I don't have symptoms - if you live with someone who tests positive then you're supposed to just isolate for 2 weeks. That said, people at the yard understandably want to know if I'm positive (and so do I really!), and when I clicked to say that I did have symptoms there were absolutely loads of slots (literally one every half hour from now until 8pm tonight) so I've just gone ahead and done it.

j1ffy

Visit site
Oh no SPD, what a frustrating thing to happen just before a nice weekend!!

Great to see all the fun things people have planned. We've got a quiet one - just schooling tomorrow then I'm doing a long walk / pub lunch on Sunday with OH and some friends. Danny was clipped on Tuesday and looks very smart, though I'm pleased to say he didn't feel too sharp last night in the cold as I was a bit worried about that!

Pippity

Visit site
Yesterday, I made the mistake of thinking, "Oh, I'll just neaten up those bits I missed when I clipped Blue the other day." Turns out, her coat grew a HELL of a lot in the week or so since clipping, so I've got to clip her again tonight. *headdesk*

Sunday, we're planning on hitting the Kelsall farm ride with our neurotic Arab hacking buddy, but I'm looking forward to it so much that I'm fully expecting something to happen to stop us! I've never been to Kelsall (or anywhere like that) before, and hopefully it'll be a lovely way to mark my two-year owniversary of Blue.

Roxylola

Visit site
Ooh pippity, I really enjoyed the farm ride at kelsall. Do be aware, the section alongside the road looks super inviting for a good long canter, but there is concrete down where the gates go on to the road so dont get too carried away lol.
Rara, that's super exciting, have a fab time!
Good luck to all competing over the weekend.
SP, I hope you stay symptom free and OH is recovered and well with no issues.
I had a back to back session at ingestre today, shared flat lesson which was fun, the horse had changes nailed so naturally I wanted counter canter to encourage him to be more supple which we found much harder.
Then jumping to work my fold and make it nicer and more natural. We jumped a single fence from walk, which was a heck of a lot harder than youd think, but absolutely fantastic to work on position. Really enjoyed it

Kizzy2004

Visit site
Tomorrow clipping the youngster, he’s still getting use to the idea. Did a small chaser on him about 3 weeks ago but getting fluffy again and sweaty so going for a blanket tomorrow. Then hacking my older mare, we had the local round up of the forest ponies today for health checks so imagine they’ll still be a bit electric so expecting a bouncy ride ?

Sunday we have a clinic at the yard so youngster is having flat lesson to prep for his first BD in a couple of weeks.

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Looking after J as he has decided box rest is the way to go this weekend....

*I love my horse I love my horse I love my horse *

(No infection and thankfully nothing has gone in the joint. Vet thinks a kick that was lucky to be a scrape and not a full blown contact :( )

Screenshot_20201016-193815_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201016-193834_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Sheep

Visit site
A good day out for us! This was an Eventing Ireland arena event, he was doing the 90s.

OH learned dressage test in the warm up ? not ideal but at least he remembered it. Went ok, judge liked the horse, just needed a bit more finesse...!

Clear SJ ? course was up to height and OH was nervous. Horse flew round ?

Onto the xc. A lovely round, just an unfortunate stop at fence 5. But really good round the rest, inc the water (horse is a bit spooky in water) so delighted with them both. Inside the time too, finished strong and galloping ?
2C64A001-96A6-42A0-8EB0-9A5D1582C663.jpeg
Not sure horse got the memo about the height ?
1EFD2038-C2E4-4AEC-9F6B-CCFABE6FE599.jpeg

Roxylola

Visit site
The sort of finesse that maybe comes from knowing your test and even practicing some of the movements do you think Sheep?
Jumping looks good though and we all know that's what we go for ?

Sheep

Visit site
The sort of finesse that maybe comes from knowing your test and even practicing some of the movements do you think Sheep?
Jumping looks good though and we all know that's what we go for ?

I think that might help ?? but it was a super day out. There is another aff arena event at start of Nov, couple of hours travel...tempted to persuade OH to go to that one too. Just depends on the Covid situation I suppose as involves crossing the border ?

JulesRules

Visit site
Had a fun day out at Regionals despite setting off in the dark and making a pig's ear of the first test. 2nd test was way better but disappointingly the score didn't reflect that.

I was so proud of Rory who only last season was a nightmare at a new venue, napping and bronking. He was so relaxed. Didn't bat an eyelid at anything and it also seems we have had a breakthrough in the pooping while trotting department which has lost us marks consistently.

Couple of pictures including the infamous white jods?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201017-161257_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20201017-161257_WhatsApp.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20201017-145848_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20201017-145848_WhatsApp.jpg
    878.6 KB · Views: 24

DressageCob

Visit site
I had a nice little dressage outing. The big lad came 2nd with 64%, which I’m pretty pleased with since we are still new to Mediums and he was a wee bit tense. He had been to the venue before but not that arena and there was a lot going on behind.

photo of my happy face ? 3D75F727-7106-4100-9748-3C63412BF169.jpegdramatic saluting

racebuddy

Visit site
Ooh pippity, I really enjoyed the farm ride at kelsall. Do be aware, the section alongside the road looks super inviting for a good long canter, but there is concrete down where the gates go on to the road so dont get too carried away lol.
Rara, that's super exciting, have a fab time!
Good luck to all competing over the weekend.
SP, I hope you stay symptom free and OH is recovered and well with no issues.
I had a back to back session at ingestre today, shared flat lesson which was fun, the horse had changes nailed so naturally I wanted counter canter to encourage him to be more supple which we found much harder.
Then jumping to work my fold and make it nicer and more natural. We jumped a single fence from walk, which was a heck of a lot harder than youd think, but absolutely fantastic to work on position. Really enjoyed it
I love kelsall , i may hire the arena eventing course out

Roxylola

Visit site
Good luck to you as well, I'm sure you'll have a fab day. 2020 has been such a weird year, just treat anything from this year as training for when real life resumes

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Giant baby TB/dinosaur went to an RoR clinic. She is such a good girl, especially considering it's only our third time jumping together.
Felt rather tired today (once she's 'going' she's ok, but as soon as she's 'done' she falls back asleep again) and has lost some weight - just waiting for final lots of blood results after her colic/illness a 3 weeks ago and then may have to play around with feeds.
ror oct3.png