Weekend plans!!

racebuddy

Visit site
I managed to ride this am in the sunshine before the storm again , brought in at 4.30 as was awful wheather ☔☔☔

Attachments

• D4F2A17B-F92F-48FC-A96E-5A8326B30E8C.jpg
    D4F2A17B-F92F-48FC-A96E-5A8326B30E8C.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
  • BC5B59BD-C5F3-4EA2-B92E-E007DC38908F.jpeg
    BC5B59BD-C5F3-4EA2-B92E-E007DC38908F.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2

Pippity

Visit site
Blue is set up in her new, big stable!

1615754173031.png

She hasn't quite settled yet - lots of snatching at her haynet then gawping out the door - but I'm sure she'll learn to love it soon enough.

On a different thread, someone posted a tip for moving mats that was an absolute lifesaver. For the first two, other people were around to help, but I had to do the last four on my own. I probably would have broken down sobbing if I hadn't remembered the post about wrapping a lunge line round the mats and moving them that way.

Unfortunately, she's still sore around her poll, so I'll be getting the vet out - and probably be told that she has to go in to horsepital for more examinations. I like having a vet with great facilities, but I do sometimes feel that it cuts down on the diagnostics they're willing to do on the yard.

Roxylola

Visit site
Glad you've got her moved ok, its hard work! Hope she gets sorted soon with her poll.
I had all my teaching this morning while the weather was nice, then had to walk my dogs in hissing rain and ride in 30mph wind lol.
Physio went well yesterday- I did a bit of a write up in my supervet thread. However our long and low work has been a bit out of the window on account of being a black and white ball of fury at the moment. So he can work up and to the bridle in the interest of keeping my ass in the plate ?

ihatework

Visit site
In a moment of stupidity I fancied a ride, having not sat on a horse since last August. So asked a friend if I could steal a pony and was donated a lovely 17.2hh Kannan SJ’er. A complete gentleman, but boy am I sore today ?

Also got my 5yo’s schedule sent to me to take us up to end of June. He hasn’t actually been to a show yet but that is going to happen very soon ??

j1ffy

Visit site
We had a good lesson on Saturday, despite Danny looking like he needed to sleep off a hangover on Saturday morning! He'd had to go out in his lightweight on Friday night having trashed his warmer rug so it was his own fault if he had to party all night to keep warm...

We are doing our first Elementary when lockdown ends so after some work to get him off the aids, we had a look at leg yield (getting more fluent but need a bit more 'forwards'), medium canter transitions (pretty good) and simple changes (right to left not bad, left to right hit and miss). It was still windy and there were all sorts of weird noises come from the woods by the arena but he was great - very focused and worked hard.

We then went for a potter around the woods to cool off and spotted the noisemakers - three muntjac mooching around grazing and staying out of the wind! I snapped two of them before they scampered.

tempImage9U4Tg2.jpg

Pippity

Visit site
Bloody horses! Vet came out to see Blue's head today and, of course, Blue stood like a rock while she was poked and prodded. She had no objections to me putting her bridle on. No, she was absolutely fine, not hurting anywhere, her owner's just a paranoid idiot, honestly, you can't get the staff nowadays, etc., etc..

Soon as the vet was gone, I put her headcollar on to turn her back out and oh, NOW she was willing to show pain. It's a bloody nuisance having a horse who's only willing to admit pain to a select few.

J_sarahd

Visit site
My weekend was great. Took pony for our first solo hack at the new yard (and first solo hack in probably a year) and he was honestly an angel. The new yard has a great lane out the back gate where there’s no traffic but often people, bikes and dogs so it was ideal for us. And it’s a good 20-30 minute hack. He’s great at hacking but I’m not! Then on Saturday we joined someone else at the yard for a good 1hr 15min hack and he led the majority of the way and was honestly just a saint. I didn’t do much hacking at the old yard but I feel I will do lots more here, even if it’s just down the quiet lane and back.

On Sunday I put out some poles. He wasn’t the best - very spooky at first (everything was coming in and it was dead windy) and then he just seemed to lose momentum. But I’m putting that down to fitness as he’s never normally ridden 3 days in a row and I never rode for longer than about 20 mins in the school but ended up doing 45...!! I think his fitness will improve so much here as I can already tell I’ll be riding a lot more.

Alibear

Visit site
Lessons went well despite the wind. Daisy is now on a fitness program similar to the one Roxylola is on with her horse. Also going to get the local chiro vet back out to give her a check over as she is a bit tight behind.
Amber was a bit tense so some tactful riding required and a good reminder that I need to work on my seat and position first and foremost as if i can get those right she goes much better.
So both very useful and somethings to be working on. A local venue is reopening arena hire at the end of the month so going to look to take Amber there around Easter for a lesson at a new place too :)

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I had the best ride last night, Henry seems to be back in work (for now!) and is so happy about it. We are mostly walking over poles and doing some lateral work to strengthen him, with a small amount of trot thrown in to keep him interested. He LOVES his job and feels so engaged with it.

Of course before we rode we had to go and investigate what my dad was doing with a digger, so he followed me all the way there and back up. And apparently 'helped' dad and a bloke who came round to look at doing some work next week too. He is very 'helpful' for all paddock jobs we need to do. 77416BBD-4B4E-412B-992E-904833A91011.jpeg

oldie48

Visit site
I didn't post before as I was feeling a bit anxious about Rose, however the performance vet saw her again today and she has the all clear to start ridden walk . Sadly no turnout though, so 25 minutes of ridden walk and three lots of hand walk each day for the next two weeks. She is enormous! Seeing her trot towards me with a huge belly was such a shock, she'd had all her feed cut down but I hadn't realised how much weight she had put on, so it's diet time. I am so relieved though as I'd started to worry about her, anyway hopefully we are back on the road again. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!

Sprat

Visit site
Really pleased to hear Rose has been given the all clear Oldie. I’m sure the excess tum will come off soon enough when you are able to start working her again.