Weekend plans!!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
This week has flown by! just as well because I have a fun weekend planned.

Tomorrow we are hacking x2. Henry is doing 15 minutes of walk under saddle to build back up. His leg is looking so much better an he is sound so we can walk to help keep the swelling down.

Saturday is the first dressage club rally for the year, though I am taking Coolie for the first time. i have booked in for 2 lessons, though will have to see about my stamina. I need to keep some energy in the tank!

Sunday we have some more show jumping, super excited though need to remember it's all about the right canter and to just let it flow like last weekend. Should be loads of fun though!

What is everyone else up to? I hope there is some nice weather for everyone counting down to get out and about again!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Covid jab this afternoon so.... depends on how that goes! Colleagues have said they were knocked for 6 so hoping that's not the case. Forecast looks not too awful, so hopefully get some outdoor jobs done and continue Kira's return to work. Leading practice for Hera. Nothing earth shattering :)

Have fun AE, sounds like a fun weekend :)

Roxylola

Visit site
Yay at least some folk have plans!
We have 40 to 50mph gusts of wind for most of the weekend. I may if its not too wild do a little in hand tonight, still got to work on the Tom Beech/ Dan Wain stuff where possible so some shoulder in, reversing and possibly some poles.
Saturday we have the physio coming so Sunday will likely be a day off or a quiet day even if the weather is better

j1ffy

Visit site
Enjoy the SJ AE!
MP - I know a few who have had it and a number have had a reaction for 12-24 hours, anything from 'hurty arm syndrome' to shivers and headaches. They all said it's worth it though!

Our dressage lesson yesterday was postponed to Saturday - an open arena on the side of a hill and full of jumps is not conducive to flatwork in 40mph wind and rain! Trainer was relieved not to have to stand out in it for four hours too and Danny had a day off instead. I'll go and either lunge or school tonight dependent on the wind, hack tomorrow, lesson Sunday then Mother's Day on Sunday so we're having a long walk and Sunday lunch with my Mum.

Not too long now until we're out and about again. I've just signed up for a June dressage camp at Banfield Equestrian (anyone been?) with Danny's owner on her horse as well - she went to an eventing confidence-building clinic there with Jonty Evans and said it's a fab place. The dressage one is with Lisa White, who will be a new trainer to me but it's good to get fresh eyes occasionally. There is a pole work lesson during the camp which I'll probably fall off in as Danny gets a bit excited by canter poles...but it's ok because his owner has promised to capture it on film for sh*teventersunite ??‍♀️?

Sprat

Visit site
AE, sounds exciting, let us know how you get on!

Not masses planned for us, hacking is on the agenda but it is entirely dependant on the weather. The wind was howling last night and woke me up, it's bright and sunny here today but still blowing a gale so we shall see.

I do need to do a bit of test practice, I'm going to enter one more e-rider test before life returns back to almost normality and we can go out to parties again. I'm debating over whether to do E42 or E45 (very lucky that we have both long and short arenas at the yard). The E42 looks pretty friendly but has quite a bit of canter around the arena which won't work to Bean's strengths; she can get a bit gobby after the mediums so it becomes a bit of a slog. I'm leaning towards E45 I think as the canter work is going to work better for her, and she'll get to show off her favourite party piece (rein back).

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Had covid jab yesterday morning and was fine till about 1.30am this morning, sneezing and then blood pressure rocketed, but came down by about 5am.
Feel like I've been on a 20 mile fun ride on an ex chaser without brakes this morning, so currently am planning pootling as usual.... cant go anywhere anyway lol.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I have my PhD viva tomorrow so my weekend will be dictated to by that!

We’re forecast 50 mph winds on Saturday and Sunday so I’m not quite sure what we’ll do, maybe have a play around with some in hand work on Saturday and then poles Sunday but she’s still unfit and I’m conscious of asking too much.
I’ve also completely lost my schooling mojo in the last 5 years without a school so need to figure out some goals!

j1ffy

Visit site
I have my PhD viva tomorrow so my weekend will be dictated to by that!

We’re forecast 50 mph winds on Saturday and Sunday so I’m not quite sure what we’ll do, maybe have a play around with some in hand work on Saturday and then poles Sunday but she’s still unfit and I’m conscious of asking too much.
I’ve also completely lost my schooling mojo in the last 5 years without a school so need to figure out some goals!

Good luck with the viva!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I have bashed my credit card registering and entering events for two horses in April. Having to make plans so early does not suit me at all but worried if I don't, the classes I want will disappear and then I will have a complete lack of match practice before Larkhill.
I cannot wait for lockdown to be over to be able to get the horses out. 17 days and counting! Will try and school the horses this weekend and carry on with fitness. Routine vet checks tomorrow so hopefully no issues.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Covid jab this afternoon so.... depends on how that goes! Colleagues have said they were knocked for 6 so hoping that's not the case. Forecast looks not too awful, so hopefully get some outdoor jobs done and continue Kira's return to work. Leading practice for Hera. Nothing earth shattering :)

Have fun AE, sounds like a fun weekend :)

I had mine on Tuesday and other than a sore arm I've felt absolutely fine. ?

I've definitely felt worse after the flu jab.

J_sarahd

Visit site
I am hoping to do my first little solo hack at the new yard tomorrow and then one of the other girls is taking us on a longer hack. Even though I was at this yard a few years ago, I don’t know the hacking routes beyond the track out the back. I’m really excited because I didn’t do much hacking at all at the old yard!

racebuddy

Visit site
I have finally a few weekends off after working so much , I also have boked a couple of long weekends in april / may just to get out a bit more , when lockdown rstrictions are eased , severe gales here today so he may end up having today off , hes had two days off due to having physio this week but wont do any harm this week to have a extra day off chilling in the field , doing shopping for mothers day after work , if whether not to horrendous could have time to long rein , weekend is riding and dog walking , counting down the days until we can get out again and hope we never get stopped this time , scary to think haven't been to a show In 12 months because just spent the time arena hiring instead as was so expensive just to turn up for 2 min and go again ..

Bernster

Visit site
J1ffy I did one (Banfield camp) but at boomerang, with Ros canter and Caroline Moore. Great venue and they were good, particularly Ros who was awesome. I was worried I’d be way out classed, and I was on the whole, but still really enjoyed it, did a good sj round and had fun around the xc course. It rained the whole time which has slightly put me off camps though!

I was a bit disappointed with the organisation of evenings as lots had been advertised but none of it happened, apart from a q and a session with Ros and Caroline after dinner. So not a lot else going on but the lessons themselves were enjoyable.

j1ffy

Visit site
J1ffy I did one (Banfield camp) but at boomerang, with Ros canter and Caroline Moore. Great venue and they were good, particularly Ros who was awesome. I was worried I’d be way out classed, and I was on the whole, but still really enjoyed it, did a good sj round and had fun around the xc course. It rained the whole time which has slightly put me off camps though!

I was a bit disappointed with the organisation of evenings as lots had been advertised but none of it happened, apart from a q and a session with Ros and Caroline after dinner. So not a lot else going on but the lessons themselves were enjoyable.

I've done a camp at Boomerang but a smaller one, it's fun but I think the Banfield facilities are better for us humans! Good to hear the lessons were good but shame about the evening stuff.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Baby pony should be home this weekend! After her run in with a fence last week, will still be 4-6weeks to be fully healed as in an awkward place. It hadn't perforated the joint capsules though which is good and she is feeling very bright.

My fatty potato is also now sound so will be doing some light work to see how she goes!

Covid jab monday too :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
J1ffy - I have one who is quite the comedian about poles too, always good for a(someone else to) giggle
DF - good luck!
TFF - hope arms recover quickly
Shortstuff - good to hear it is not as disastrous as it could of been, hope she continues to recover well

I've tentatively booked my first stuff post lockdown ??. But it's jumping, and since I haven't jumped since December I should probably fetch the GP saddle out and have a bit of a play over jumps this weekend. Should do some more hacking with Pebbles but the wind is pretty vicious here at the moment so we will have to see.

Happy weekend all

Last edited:

Roxylola

Visit site
J1ffy - I have one who is quite the comedian about poles too, always good for a(someone else to) giggle
DF - good luck!
FF - hope arms recover quickly
Shortstuff - good to hear it is lot a disastrous as it could of been, hope she continues to recover well

I've tentatively booked my first stuff post lockdown ??. But it's jumping, and since I haven't jumped since December I should probably fetch the GP saddle out and have a bit of a play over jumps this weekend. Should do some more hacking with Pebbles but the wind is pretty vicious here at the moment so we will have to see.

Happy weekend all
I've booked a load of jumping for April, not jumped since December either. I don't really jump in our arena - I'm hacking in our jump saddle and hoping we can wing it ?

j1ffy

Visit site

I'm glad it's not just me! TBH he does nothing wrong, it's just that his canter gets bigger and bigger along a line or poles and I can't sit to it (especially if I'm in the dressage saddle!). The first time I did canter poles I thought we were going to jump out the arena... Raised trot poles are ridiculous as he just ploughs through them, despite being bred from long lines of GP SJers on both sides :p

Michen

Visit site
Enjoy the SJ AE!
MP - I know a few who have had it and a number have had a reaction for 12-24 hours, anything from 'hurty arm syndrome' to shivers and headaches. They all said it's worth it though!

Our dressage lesson yesterday was postponed to Saturday - an open arena on the side of a hill and full of jumps is not conducive to flatwork in 40mph wind and rain! Trainer was relieved not to have to stand out in it for four hours too and Danny had a day off instead. I'll go and either lunge or school tonight dependent on the wind, hack tomorrow, lesson Sunday then Mother's Day on Sunday so we're having a long walk and Sunday lunch with my Mum.

Not too long now until we're out and about again. I've just signed up for a June dressage camp at Banfield Equestrian (anyone been?) with Danny's owner on her horse as well - she went to an eventing confidence-building clinic there with Jonty Evans and said it's a fab place. The dressage one is with Lisa White, who will be a new trainer to me but it's good to get fresh eyes occasionally. There is a pole work lesson during the camp which I'll probably fall off in as Danny gets a bit excited by canter poles...but it's ok because his owner has promised to capture it on film for sh*teventersunite ??‍♀️?

Me, my friends and our 4 dogs and 5 horses moved there for a month last year (we knew Callum before and rented the house used for camps). Brilliant facilities and the camps are very well run, and Callum is great- incredibly impressive that someone so young is running such a successful business.

Michen

Visit site
SJ (well, as in jumping maybe 5/6 cross poles) for Boggle tomorrow and then hacking the rest of the weekend. Had a major wobble (breakdown) yest as we had a dressage lesson last weekend where we kept getting the wrong lead on left rein walk to canter (this horse hasn't got the wrong lead since he was 5!), apparently I was chucking away my outside rein but I couldn't seem to "get" it even though we did the first few perfectly and then I seemed to overthink it and it all went wrong. I thought it was a schooling issue at the time (aka- my riding) and didn't think much of it.

Then my friend/sharer rode him last night for his first time schooling since and he picked up the wrong lead a couple of times.

Panic from me as not wanting to canter left indicates sore right hind, which is his injured hind. Sent videos to my vet, cried a bit, planned his retirement. Cried more at the thought of trying to turn him into a happy hacker (he is only a civilised hack if in proper, other hard work).

Rode him this morning and must have done about 20 canter left transitions and he didn't get a single one wrong. So I am putting it down to we got in a tizz on sat and it caused some confusion hence the wrong transitions carrying on a bit yesterday.

It's so tricky not to feel paranoid but all I can do is crack on and see what happens but my heart is in my mouth the entire time.

oldie48

Visit site
Gosh it's windy here today with hail storms to boot! I am envying those of you who are out about as the vet didn't come this week, he's coming on Tuesday so Rose is still on box rest with hand walking. She's getting very fed up, walks OK out of doors but is getting a bit naughty in the indoor, especially if it's windy and spooky. I bailed out yesterday and the YO stepped in to help. Rose disgraced herself I'm afraid! However, I am so stoooopid at times, anticipating that she'd be a bit of a handful I'd put a bit in but forgotten to move the lead rope from the head collar. Drrrrr, not surprised my attempts at telling her off were ignored! I will be so glad to have her back in work, fingers crossed we get the OK.
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, don't get blown away! Good luck with the viva, DF.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I have bought some waterproof duct tape and some tarp and I am doing some diy repair/leak stopping to my box outside my stable. Followed by some tack cleaning. Oh and popping new wheel on my wheelbarrow.

then to finish it off I’m going to paint some furniture. I’m enjoying this new unlimited energy phase of pregnancy even if it’s come with heartburn.

Roxylola

Visit site
Rb, I'm not sure i knew what they were before lol, I'm pretty sure riding straight and forward will get me through it all though- hopefully not literally... ?
Obac, that sounds very productive rubbish about the heartburn though