Weekend Plans :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Who has any?

I have a lesson this afternoon and another on Tuesday, cramming a few in before trainer off to Tokyo and I am cut adrift o_O actually I feel like we're in a good place for a few weeks of private study, Kira feels happy, and I feel like the route ahead is clear in terms of what we need to do. There's plenty to get on with.

Other than that... will be getting OH to deal with the business end of taking Hera's stitches out (he was all bravado about it, I am not so sure about those speedy little hindlegs if one catches, so I've bagsed the front end and he can prove his skills).

other plans will depend on how the weather pans out.

Have fun all :)

Roxylola

Visit site
Bah, nuffink! I was going for a couple of lessons at ingestre but they've had a covid case with a student so total shutdown.
My owner is busy so I considered hiring a box to go play somewhere, then I remembered Charlie missed his shoeing date and is now very loose - farrier is coming on Tuesday, but I can guarantee if I do anything more than walk they'll be off, and there's no guarantee even if I stay in walk so no point hiring a box to go for a walk ? - accurate representation of my face right now

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I finally have a plan!

There's a clinic this weekend that I slid into after there was a cancellation. Then the clinician had to cancel Sunday, but at least there will still be Saturday. I've not ridden with him before, so it will be good to feel out and possibly consider him for future lessons (he's in the general area sometimes). Should be a good little trip (30-40 min drive).

I have so much to work on at the moment that it is all feeling a bit impossible. Will possibly slide into another lesson with a trainer I know on Tuesday.

Hopefully these two lessons will offer some clarity on the matter for me. I just find it hard to stay positive about it all sometimes!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
RL 'liking' to acknowledge the post not because I like your frustrating non plans!

Scarlett is being vetted tomorrow. She has been a star since I was offered her: farm ride fun with Dolly, dressage lesson with much improvement and just generally fun to be around.
Katie has U18 Team training on Saturday all day. The reserves have been warned that with Covid around they could well be needed so we are training as if she is riding at the championships.
Then jumping lesson for me on Sunday followed by the footie!

Have fun all.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
Spot of showing this weekend. Usually jump or do stressage but we went showing for this first time a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it, especially as its pre entry only so approximate times are given. Absolutely hate hanging round!!

Have fun with your horses everyone!!

Breagha

Visit site
Myself and husband are going to a local show on Sunday and I am braving my very first working hunter comp (only 50cm) but need to start somewhere and will do the coloured ridden also. Husband is doing the 90cm working hunter and also a ridden too. x

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Lesson tomorrow and off work next week so two lessons then as well so brace yourselves for those lesson reports! OH is off work too so I have a camera person for once, I'm looking forward to having some up to date video and pictures of me riding.

Possibly giving a friend a hand with their yard move at the weekend. I've been offered a stable a their new place, shame I've nothing to put in it - unless I try and make a quick getaway with O at the end of my lesson tomorrow :D

Sheep

Visit site
I’m going eventing on Saturday ??? a local venue is running an 80 with a focus on TRYING eventing so off we go.

Going to hack tonight, a yard up the road has a water complex so we are going to pop in there for 20 mins on the way past, as he can be a wee bit looky at water. Just so I can get him feeling a bit more sure of himself and make sure he knows water = our friend.

Worst case scenario, Saturday will just be a very expensive dressage test……..

Asha

Visit site
MP - what happened to hera to warrant stitches ? Hope shes Ok
Hope the vetting goes well AE

I had a SJ lesson yesterday..my 3rd since loosing my confidence. I think its starting to come back, ended up doing a small course and even did an oxer. Pip was great with no over jumping. Even jumped a few from canter. Daughter said we did great and she was proud of me . So i will take that ! Off to kelsall tonight as daughter is doing her first comp in a year. I think we may be going to watch at bolesworth on sunday

Visit site
I have a whole weekend of showing planned and not one of my ponies are leaving their fields!

I ma judging on Saturday and on Sunday I have managed to nick the opportunity to do some probationary judging a couple of hours down the road for the Shetlands. I need to do 2 more shows and luckily for me there are 34 ponies entered so you can guarantee that my minimum quota of 15 will turn up thankfully! Not sure where I am going to do my last one yet.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

Good luck for the vetting AE & anyone competing!

I'm not sure. My back hasn't been quite right this week so going to see how it holds up. I've just lunged or long reined this week so desperate to get on but it's not worth risking if not 100%.

I'm hoping I make it onboard for a short-ish hack at least ?

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Had a jumping lesson on Pepsi last night, instructor likes him which is always good! Far from perfect, but lots to work with, and I’m getting a better idea of how he needs to be ridden now.

Have got camp on him this weekend which is very exciting! Will be nice to try him out in a different environment and see how it goes!

D5EA1AF0-DBC2-4B58-AD77-05B65E785119.jpeg

Alibear

Visit site
Lesson tonight and another one on Sunday, weather permitting. Horseflies mean no hacking at home for the foreseeable which is annoying. We've got another camp in 2 weeks, though, so that should be good.
I'm taking Daisy back to stud on Tuesday, so 2022 potentially just became a bit more exciting.

milliepops

Visit site
MP - what happened to hera to warrant stitches ? Hope shes Ok
Oh nothing serious, she managed to find something in their hyper-inspected totally safe nursery field to cut her quarters open on. Just a skin wound but enough to want sewing up ? vet was a bit negative because of the tension on them but they've held perfectly and H was a model patient eating her antibiotics so we are on course for a good result ?

milliepops

Visit site
we had a brilliant lesson this afternoon, was a hot and steamy one but lots of good stuff done. Our new improved canter is easily accessible so we breezed through some party tricks and found a nice exercise to play with in the canter zigzag. so that's my weekend homework sorted :) Finished with some towards-passage which was a major stumbling block last year but a fresh approach seems to be working this time so we will keep chipping away. So long as Kira keeps her happy face on I am sure we will make progress this time.

She's such a smart cookie, she is always way ahead of me. the problem is she's not always right, when she has these speedy thoughts :p I have to keep up to keep her on track!

213639489_4490206597657482_8378100360354095377_n.jpg

Asha

Visit site
Oh nothing serious, she managed to find something in their hyper-inspected totally safe nursery field to cut her quarters open on. Just a skin wound but enough to want sewing up ? vet was a bit negative because of the tension on them but they've held perfectly and H was a model patient eating her antibiotics so we are on course for a good result ?

That’s the thing about youngsters .. they’d find a way to harm themselves in a padded room . Glad she’s ok

ITPersonnage

Visit site
Roxylola, my handwriting is shocking but I'm writing at Buckminster anyway, they keep asking me back so they HAVE to be desperate ) Thanks for the heads up about Ingestre, I'd been going for some lessons so am forewarned.

Roxylola

Visit site
Roxylola, my handwriting is shocking but I'm writing at Buckminster anyway, they keep asking me back so they HAVE to be desperate ) Thanks for the heads up about Ingestre, I'd been going for some lessons so am forewarned.
They emailed me, and they've put it on their Facebook. Closed til the 20th I think

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I am official stewarding again on Sunday, long day with a lot of competitors!

Does anyone remember my 3 year old filly's wound updates? Well here it is now
FB_IMG_1625777862212.jpg

Here it was a couple of weeks after the injury
FB_IMG_1625777872607.jpg

And a week or so after that
FB_IMG_1625777882677.jpg

Very pleased with how it has healed! The worst Mark's are from the bandage ?

WelshHoarder

Visit site
Baby Welshie and small child are out jumping Sunday morning at a local venue that’s usually good fun - only tiny heights as he still gets so nervous about leaving the ground (although he always asks to go!) but we’re hoping to get him off the lead rein again with just the ever-helpful daddy by his side/playing follow the leader, which baby Welshie loves ? to build his confidence up. Lesson later on Sunday for them both, and just the minor thing beforehand of his birthday party on Saturday afternoon - 15 kids running round a field causing mayhem, most likely in the rain, what could possibly go wrong?!

and just because, why do I ever try to take photos of the pair of them being cute together?!
36024CF5-4917-482F-883E-69E0E7E9CD5C.jpeg