Weekend plans

Michen

Visit site
Hopefully a cooler one. We are off eventing for the second time this year ground allowing. Waverton which I believe is old parkland so keeping my fingers crossed. Very chuffed to have a completely sound Boggle yesterday, my vet was really pleased with how he is a few weeks post injecting a hock, not a bit of lameness to be seen in any limb under any test.

He needs the run as he’s getting a bit bored and rather bright again!! He’s not jumped for over a month so hopefully won’t be a nutter..

Have a great weekend everyone.

09D14ED3-576B-4AB3-A27D-70BE2F75E861.jpeg

Alibear

Visit site
I'm off to western camp this afternoon yay :) So looking forwards to it and I'm completely ignoring the weather forecast! It's at the same place as last time but a different group running it and a fair few people I don't know so it will be nice to make some new friends and watch the other trainer too. It's been a rough few weeks so I'm really happy to be able to go. I get to see Daisy too and I'm sure she's settled back in just fine. It will be both of ours first time in temporary stabling, so any tips appreciated. Bailer twine and a rain sheet are packed in case of repairs/leaks. Also I haven't mucked out a straw stable for ohh 30+ years so that will be interesting!

J_sarahd

Visit site
We were supposed to be going to a new cross country venue this afternoon for a clinic but that’s been rearranged to next week so he’s having another day off and a light school tomorrow when it’s meant to be cooler. We have another show jumping lesson at a place we havent been before. After all the work and checks he’s had since our last show jumping outing, I am hoping its a positive one in time for next weekend. My friend is coming along on her horse too, which will be good even though she usually has a different instructor. Then I’m riding with another friend who is looking after another livery/friend’s horse for the weekend.

He’s got Monday and Tuesday off as I’m off to a funeral so that will be nice for him after a busy weekend.

Roxylola

Visit site
Good luck Michen - I feel like character wise Bog and Charlie could be quite similar, in which case, I probably wouldn't expect to do much more than steer (and hope) on the xc ?
I've got a flat lesson Saturday morning, and then we're off to a dinosaur adventure thing (we'll drop Charlie off first)
Nothing planned for Sunday, he had a jab yesterday and I find he gets a bit flat afterwards so he can have a quieter weekend. Hopefully it will be getting a bit cooler and maybe less flies so we can get some faster fitness work in.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
As always, jealous of people’s pony parties.

OH is away on a stag do so watching the Olympic dressage for me! Mum is finally covid free so she’ll sort pony for me this weekend which is great because moving is getting very difficult!

So really my weekend will be keeping my legs firmly crossed and telling baby to stay put until OH is back!

…my waters are going to break the minute he arrives at the stag do aren’t they.

palo1

Visit site
At last I should be able to pick Alw up again...she has been off any work due to the heat and 'something'; vet and I don't know yet what that is but it needs her to take up work again before we can do any further diagnostic stuff if indeed that needs to be done. I have spent the last few weeks feeling absolutely gutted that money, the 'something' and heat have resulted in my sweet 5 young horse being under a cloud of despondency. However, the temp is due to reduce and she can start to do some work again which will be a step forward! I have no problems at all with a horse having a break and am not desperate to ride a fat black cob in roasting weather so that isn't an issue. But I have seen all those teeny tiny prelim comps slip away and we may not catch any more this year now :( However, I am feeling heartened enough to try to pick up where we left off in training terms and then see what we have! Wishing everyone who is competing a lovely weekend and for those training, much enjoyment in that too :) :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Finding a new owner for Deza I hope, two second viewings booked, one today one Saturday, plus a queue waiting to find out if she's still available. It took two tries to find the right price point, but she's certainly got a lot of interest now. Money was never the object, but with horses under valuing them can put people off as much as over valuing them, it's a minefield ☠

racebuddy

Visit site
i am off to smallwood hunter trials this sat , managing to get him ridden at 5 am before the heat , hes been living out at night this week , hes never lived out but hes thrived off it this week , just curious what everyone does when out eventing and horses lived out at night , do people leave them in the night before , or leave out and carry on as slept in the field . thanks in advance

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Congratulations on sound Boggle @Michen! Hope you have a good outing and to others venturing out this weekend.

No lessons for me this week. I'm helping my friend with more yard move prep and might join them for a show on Sunday. Otherwise at home and may watch some Olympics and try to get some thesis work done as OH is at work this weekend.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
My weekend started this morning, road trip up to stay with a fellow hho'er and another came down country too. Lovely hack out this afternoon, hacking up the road early tomorrow morning to go xc schooling ?
Sleep over till coming home on Saturday.
Hope those competing have a good comp and everyone else has a good time ?

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
I’ve been away for the last 10d, but hopefully getting back on BOTH boys on Sunday! (If my new hat has arrived, sadly think my acrobatics means the old one should be retired…)

Not sure how I’m going to manage bringing one on and bringing the other back into work, time is short as it is ?

Having a new horse, doing camp, then going away has seen me book not one but two more eventing camps over the next few months! One day camp and another weekend one! So excited!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Not a lot doing here. Tbh between 10 hour work days and this heat, I have ridden a grand total of 3 times this week ?. So it will just be nice to take both the girls on some early morning forest hacks.

Day off work tomorrow though thankfully, because the physio is coming for the horses. So looking forward to being able to catch up with some errands as well.

Have fun everyone x

Sheep

Visit site
With the heat, we’ve done sod all this past few days aside from a couple of short hacks. It’s to cool down a bit over the weekend apparently, so we have a lesson on Saturday morning, then off to fence judge!
I have serious FOMO but in reality I know my nerves could not hack a 90 atm ?
On Sunday I might do a quick jumping session.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Well, I will be willing a baby to make an appearance and if it doesn't then I will be watching the olympics, going to spectate at a local event and maybe if the ground seems dry enough, lunging to horses. They have been very, very slack because the ground is like soup and it's hardly stopped raining this month!

Good luck to those out and about, cant wait to read the reports!

MrsCentaur

Visit site
@Michen Boggle has such an utterly LOVELY face. How do you keep from kissing it all the time?

@Accidental Eventer and @ownedbyaconnie best of luck with the births; I hope that baby doesn't keep you waiting too long.

A fairly quiet weekend planned here as I've barely seen the children this week! Assuming that the storms hold off, I might give the boy a bath.

Wishfilly

Visit site
Slightly frustrating schooling session this morning with a very spooky pony- so we will try again tomorrow assuming it isn't chucking it down with rain.

And then hack on Sunday, hopefully.

Not very exciting but just glad we have a saddle that fits and I can actually ride!

Asha

Visit site
Not a lot doing here. Tbh between 10 hour work days and this heat, I have ridden a grand total of 3 times this week ?. So it will just be nice to take both the girls on some early morning forest hacks.
Have fun everyone x

Same here, its been hard enough working in this weather , so riding has taken a step back. We had a lovely time at the SHB(GB)mare and foal grading on Tuesday morning, but other than thats weve spent the week bringing in, hosing down and turning out again.
Its cooled down today so hoping to get a few hacks in this weekend.

Good luck & have fun to those out and about this weekend

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Good luck Michen. So happy Boggle is sound again for you.

Dolly and Scarlett went to pony camp 10 days ago but we were rapidly recalled via ping. Grrr. Since then I have decided to stop riding Scarlett, pending some investigations. But Dolly & Katie were raring for some fun so we headed back to Somerford today. We asked a bit more of her as she has not had a XC fault since stepping up to BE90. She was fabulous. Just so confident. Apart from at the very end when she was stood calmly in the water and a stray boot floated past and brushed her leg. She FREAKED and Katie had an unwanted bath. Sadly we did not get it on video. :D

Once the pony eating sea-boot creature had gone she happily trotted through a few more times so we have not inadvertently created a water phobia! That would have been annoying.

Tomorrow is a dressage lesson.

On Sunday our family are doing the Outlaw ironman distance triathlon as a relay. My role is ice cream eating and saying 'well done, keep going' a lot. I did the whole thing solo a few years ago but this way is easier and more fun!

Pics of Dolly:

222838245_4221845394562176_5883544332133879371_n.jpg

222471037_4221836427896406_6665632722499930598_n.jpg
220439290_4221828641230518_1968318139918410683_n.jpg
222825089_4221828787897170_7946469408650165150_n.jpg
222589572_4221828914563824_1272990867208010627_n.jpg