WEG 2010 TV Coverage

Optimist

Visit site
Am a little confused by the schedule according to the BBC. They are showing live XC on Sat, then again on Sunday?? Do they mean the Show Jumping phase on Sunday?

welsh horse rider

Visit site
You are correct - you cannot Sky+ ANY of the BBC's interactive services. :mad: Heck, you can't even set a reminder!! With all the television related technology we have at our disposal, these things are an impossibility!! It would be laughable if it weren't so darned irritating.

if you select channel 301 which is the channel the bbc red button is shown on you can sky + is as i recorded the individual dressage the other night xx

Doncella

Visit site
We are in the minority, zillions more people watch footie than anything equestrian. Also for pure SJ fans it looks worse as the details read as if its only eventing SJing being shown.

Yes, but what about Darts and Snooker and Golf FGS.
We get the rubes sports don't we.
Don't get me going on swimming, Ski Sunday, FI and Boxing etc.

blackhorse09

www.youtube.com
Being a total thicko - how do i watch it online????? Sorry!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/7734185.stm

The BBC coverage should be appearing here methinks, or will be linked from here.

Eurosport Player & FEI TV have online coverage but it doesn't come free. Eurosport can be watched live via SkyPlayer but again only if you are an existing Sky customer.

Hopefully the BBC will show the eventing XC online or it won't be viewable without paying somewhere along the line!

Over2You

Visit site
if you select channel 301 which is the channel the bbc red button is shown on you can sky + is as i recorded the individual dressage the other night xx

I totally forgot about what is actually on Sky channel 301 when I responded the last time. It is Sky's Premiere movie channel. Seems that 301 is the Freeview red button channel. Looks as if there still isn't any way of recording off the interactive services with Sky. :(

welsh horse rider

Visit site
I totally forgot about what is actually on Sky channel 301 when I responded the last time. It is Sky's Premiere movie channel. Seems that 301 is the Freeview red button channel. Looks as if there still isn't any way of recording off the interactive services with Sky. :(

i'm not sure then hun i don't have sky but i'll ask my god mother who has sky xx

tootsietoo

Visit site
I'm trying to find the cross country on red button now and no luck! Am I being a complete techno-idiot? I've red buttoned on BBC1 and cannot find equestrian listed at all, apart from a news headline. Is it on?

Thanks!

sakura

Visit site
my BBC's still going! I was about to say it's great that despite the delays they've not ended it .. ?!!

greylady

New User
Visit site
what crap, telling us that the cross country was on the red button,,,,,, no flipping good if you don't have sky,,,, why do we have to miss this again,,,,,, hecks if it was football, we'd be forced to watch it,,,,,, just not good enough!!!

Megan_T

Visit site
what crap, telling us that the cross country was on the red button,,,,,, no flipping good if you don't have sky,,,, why do we have to miss this again,,,,,, hecks if it was football, we'd be forced to watch it,,,,,, just not good enough!!!

Oh dear :( very true though. Sadly football gets everything it wants...

I'm lucky enough to have sky and watched the coverage on Eurosport HD - which I have to say was brilliant. Constant, live coverage for hours and hours.... I expect the same today for the SJ at 6pm. Sadly I will be ejected to the other room as, guess what, the football is on... grrr...

.. although, he did let me watch HOURS of the XC yesterday, so I shouldn't moan! Lol. :D

BBH

Visit site
The biggest shame is that we have to dart all over the show for any coverage at all, the only think missing from Sky as Desmond Lynam said in sats telegraph is an audience and for those that don't have sky you have to find snippets between the sign up FEITV, BBC red button, BBCi and it gets more hassle than its worth tbh.

spaniel

Visit site
Just to add my own moan......what about the para teams????? Im sorry but I find the total lack of ANY recognition for world beaters like Lee and Anne absolutely insulting.
I too have scrabbled about for coverage over the last week and the total lack of news on terrestrial TV is shocking. World Champions and yet still nothing of any note.

I am boycotting coverage of Commonwealth Games in disgust. It will NOT be viewed by me in our house.

Over2You

Visit site
Just to add my own moan......what about the para teams????? Im sorry but I find the total lack of ANY recognition for world beaters like Lee and Anne absolutely insulting.
I too have scrabbled about for coverage over the last week and the total lack of news on terrestrial TV is shocking. World Champions and yet still nothing of any note.

I am boycotting coverage of Commonwealth Games in disgust. It will NOT be viewed by me in our house.

Same here!! Just before I switched to Eurosport for the SJ yesterday, I checked the BBC's red button. I was stunned. SIX streams devoted to the Commonwealth Games PLUS what was being shown on BBC1/2 and presumably HD. I have also looked at the red button schedule for tonight and the rest of the week. It is NOT good news. There appears to be NOTHING!!

Also agree on the lack of para-dressage coverage. It is beyond disgusting.

Puppy

Visit site
Absolutely gutted that there was no showjumping on last night after coming home early specially for it - doh! :(

tiggs

Visit site
Looks as if it might be online but not on red button from link above. Does anyone know if the individuals carry forward faults from the team round or is it a clean sheet?

sakura

Visit site
I agree with everything said above, it really is an insult

and yep ALL red button coverage for CW games plus BBC1 often BBC2 and BBC HD ...... :(