WEG. Cross country course

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
To me it looks like it’s half a building site... heavy diggers, water pipes, mounds of soil!!!
Otherwise a testing course for some and that water jump with waterfalls!!!

MyBoyChe

Visit site
After a good start there are one or two quite messy rounds now, some of the horses are looking really exhausted at the end and the one who has just finished looked very very lame!

caladria

Visit site
watching it on FEI TV with the WEG pass, disappointing that it doesn't even make the Red Button until later, even if it is around on the BBC Sports site.

Looks very windy, wonder if the rain is going to make an appearance before the end.

edit: yes, the Swedish horse looked very, very lame, hope its okay.

lannerch

Visit site
A rider was stopped early on course earlier looked totally broken down, a lovely honest grey but she sill stayed sat on it Ian stark and I both shouting get off now!!

madmav

Visit site
Watched lots of it. What an epic performance by team GB. In gold medal position! To watch show jumping which apparently has been postponed til Monday cos of weather, I downloaded bbc sports app. Scroll around to find equestrian sport and it was there. Really enjoyed it. Ian Stark is such a brilliant commentator too. Clare balding doing round up prog Monday week on bbc2.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I watched the last 40 mins and am now watching the rest that I recorded. I'm enjoying it, I think that the course looks a really good one. There's only one bit that looks just finished with diggers there, the rest go it looks superb. I love the water jumps.

It's caused a good shake up of the leaderboard and penalties for some good riders. Who would've thought that Germany and New Zealand would be so low down.

Fantastic all round for GB. Fingers crossed the SJ goes well. I'd cope with Ingrid taking gold individual- she and this horse are so good, I love to watch them.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I know what you mean, she certainly used to in her early days. I think a lot of riders looked a bit left behind and on a wing and a prayer on this course, the hills must have been steeper than they looked.

How did Gemma and Piggy's round look? They weren't on my recording.

lannerch

Visit site
I know what you mean, she certainly used to in her early days. I think a lot of riders looked a bit left behind and on a wing and a prayer on this course, the hills must have been steeper than they looked.

How did Gemma and Piggy's round look? They weren't on my recording.
Both pure class, as did all the brits .

MurphysMinder

Visit site
We were lucky enough to be there . The weather wasn’t nearly as bad as forecast , a few showers but they didn’t last long . When the first few went round in time we thought it was going to be easy but that hill certainly caught a few . Very proud of the brits . And yes that underpass at the water jump was scarily low !

Polos

Visit site
Was on a dinner date with my OH last night so couldn’t watch it live :(

I recorded the programme from 5.30pm onwards but it seemed to start halfway through someone else’s round. Am i missing part of it? Is the rest on the bbc website?

Squeak

Visit site
Last edited:

D66

Visit site
I watched the last 40 mins and am now watching the rest that I recorded. I'm enjoying it, I think that the course looks a really good one. There's only one bit that looks just finished with diggers there, the rest go it looks superb. I love the water jumps.

It's caused a good shake up of the leaderboard and penalties for some good riders. Who would've thought that Germany and New Zealand would be so low down.

Fantastic all round for GB. Fingers crossed the SJ goes well. I'd cope with Ingrid taking gold individual- she and this horse are so good, I love to watch them.

I watched yesterday on the red button. I was disappointed in the course - many of the jumps wouldn't have been out of place on a crazy golf course. Is this what eventing has been reduced to?

Clodagh

Visit site
Was on a dinner date with my OH last night so couldn’t watch it live :(

I recorded the programme from 5.30pm onwards but it seemed to start halfway through someone else’s round. Am i missing part of it? Is the rest on the bbc website?

Only some was on the red button, sadly.

Mule

Visit site
Does anyone know what happened to Germany and New Zealand on XC? I haven't been able to watch any of it.
Can't believe Ireland are 2nd and Japan are 4th :cool:

conniegirl

Visit site
Does anyone know what happened to Germany and New Zealand on XC? I haven't been able to watch any of it.
Can't believe Ireland are 2nd and Japan are 4th :cool:

From memory so numbers of time faults are approximate

New Zealand
Blyth Tate had 3 refusals so was eliminated,
Mark Todd had a refusal and a lot of time penalties (17ish)
Daniel Jocelyn had 14 time penalties
Tim and Jonelle got round clear

Germany
Kai had 17time penalties
Andreas had 13 time penalties
Julia had a refusal and 9ish time penalties.
Ingrid went clear

Last edited:

Mule

Visit site
New Zealand
Blyth Tate had 3 refusals so was eliminated,
Mark Todd had a refusal and a lot of time penalties (17ish)
Daniel Jocelyn had 14 time penalties
Tim and Jonelle got round clear

Very unusual. No complaints from me though :clap:

waggit

Visit site
It's all on I player under wet

I was lucky enough to able to watch most of it live but have just been on catch up to show parents Carl and Charlottes tests. We also watched an hour or so of the cross country whilst we had lunch. All of the cross country is on there as well as both sessions of the grand prix special.