Weg sj

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I am assuming from this thread that team gb did well?! I have no idea I have not been following weg but this thread made me laugh -i have NO idea what was going on who was even jumping so reading it is entertaining!

hahahaha

I can imagine that it doesn't make a lot of sense. It was very tight at the top with a lot of influential poles shaking the individual rankings up quite a lot.

Templebar

Visit site
Gutted for Ingrid, its the worst at the last, but he rattled a few her luck was just not holding this time. So pleased for team GB and Ros.

CoachinaCar

Visit site
Ros was amazing, how cool was she on that round, she sat so quiet, no over riding, no panicking, truly amazing.

Felt for Ingrid but Ros jumped the better round in all sorts of ways.

Team GB, so proud of you.

Templebar

Visit site
The strength of our team that 4 of the 5 finished in the top 12. Shame about Gemma's poles but she did a fantastic job as pathfinder which was always her role, and i would think that will continue going forward. The Irish have come on so well too, its nice to see a few of them in the top placings.

ihatework

Visit site
Oh I’m so sorry for ingrid, she was so upset. She didn’t deserve that last fence :(

I feel really sorry for Ingrid too, such an amazing horsewoman.
But I think with the 3 decent rubs prior to the last she was kind of due a fence!

Ros Canter is my hero!
Well done team GB x

caladria

Visit site
Got to feel for Ingrid, heartbreaking with a super, super horse. But Ros!! Just perfect. And team Ireland in second - wouldn't actually have been annoyed if they'd won it, however traitorous that makes me sound.

I'd just like to point out Japan in fourth there... I know a lot of the big teams had issues, but that's an amazing result two years before their home Olympics.

Sophire

Visit site
I so feel for Ingrid, Hale Bob is some horse. Overjoyed for Ros though, just keep piling the pressure on her and she stays cool and delivers!!! So deserving of double gold, I don't think there's a more humble character in the sport!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Gutted for Ingrid. But wow what a fabulous, amazing result for team GB and Ms 😋 Canter.

And we didn't need the world number one to do it......🤗

hibshobby

Visit site
She is always a class act - win or lose, she's the same. Never blames the horse and always first to credit the horse. Great rider and great team member - except she's not on the team :(

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Lol, that thought entered my head too AmyMay, and all the people grumbling that we didn't stand a chance without him seem to have quietened down too.

Ros has proved herself again to be a super cool team player. Much deserved double. (Poor Ingrid though!)

Ps, who are you talking about not on the team? Tina?

hobo

Visit site
Awesome result lovely to see Ros she was super cool as were all of our team. I am also pleased for Japan as well some of there support team were in our hotel.

Wishful

Visit site
Going to make the Olympic qualifying interesting as all 3 strong teams from groups F and G (AUS, NZL and Japan) are already qualified - so hope for South Africa and Hong Kong maybe. Pretty well guarantees qualification for Alex Hua Tian on the individual rankings as well...

USA, Canada and Brazil will be battling it out in the Pan And.

Euros will be tough for Western European teams with Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Belgium all battling for 2 places!