WEG

claracanter

Visit site
I bought a TV pass from FEI TV for £15 so I can watch whatever I want and not what they chose to show us. FEI TV is really good.
I have bought one too but haven't been able to watch any dressage this afternoon because of 'technical difficulties'. I'm not very impressed with FEI.T.TV at the moment. Hope they get it all sorted soon

MT_Whippet_Man

New User
Visit site
I’ve been following the endurance on FEI TV today and there were a few technical difficulties early on there, too. Fortunately, it all seemed to sort itself out fairly quickly. Unfortunately, the race itself has just had to be abandoned!
I’ve used FEI TV before and do think it’s very good value for things like the WEG. I’m looking forward to the start of eventing tomorrow.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
I'm sure somebody posted a link to the page on the WEG site where you can see the results go up. I've lost the link and can't find the page on the WEG site. Can someone help please?

DonskiWA

Visit site
The poor old endurance people. First off, some of the riders got misdirected and did an extra 5km. When they realised that, they stopped the race, only to do a full restart 45mins later. Then half way through THAT race, they cancelled it due to heat and humidity.
It’s been a complete schmozzle apparently.

MT_Whippet_Man

New User
Visit site
I've been using Official Results > Time Schedule and just scrolling down for the start lists and results but I'm not sure how often these are updated. I was following the endurance yesterday using the GPS tracker so I didn't notice how often the Dressage GP results were being posted. Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for (in which case I'd be grateful for guidance, too).

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
I've been using Official Results > Time Schedule and just scrolling down for the start lists and results but I'm not sure how often these are updated. I was following the endurance yesterday using the GPS tracker so I didn't notice how often the Dressage GP results were being posted. Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for (in which case I'd be grateful for guidance, too).

There's a rosette icon, I just noticed, if you click on that you get the current standings! Which is what I was looking for. Hadn't spotted the rosette sooner.
https://tryon2018.com/eventResults/2018/1587/resultlist_D1A

LadySam

Visit site
Is anyone else having technical problems watching FEI TV? I just watched the replay of the first day of dressage. The sync was so badly out at times that I was watching a test while the commentary was for the next test. At its best the picture was about 10 seconds behind the commentary. Very frustrating.

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Losing the will to live with the WEG site - is there an easy way to find out the timings of the Eventing dressage tests? Much as I'd like to, I don't think I will get away with 2 days of watching FEI TV all day!

Sorted - fantastic link on the British eventing site!!!

Last edited:

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
a friend has fei tv and asked me over tonight so have had a nice evening watching the dressage, it was really close at the end. good result for our team ..germany was very strong so we would never have got gold ....

fetlock

Visit site
So it's all to be postponed by a day, which is obviously wise from a safety aspect, but I have to question the original decision to hold it over there in hurricane season.

caladria

Visit site
So it's all to be postponed by a day, which is obviously wise from a safety aspect, but I have to question the original decision to hold it over there in hurricane season.

Out of the choice of one site, they chose the best candidate! They didn't really have a lot of choice after Bromont, Canada pulled out. Anywhere that would take them, and the Longines sponsored FEI had strong objections to the only other even remotely possible candidate - the then Rolex Kentucky horse park.

Hurricane season is June-November, so the chances that one particular location in any particular two week period would be hit by a hurricane is pretty low - I mean, we're over half way through the hurricane season and Flo is (obviously) only the 6th of the year. The chances were really quite low, and they've been unlucky - after all, these games are taking place less than 200 miles from Atlanta, where the 1996 Olympics also took place in hurricane season and were completely unaffected.

(For comparison, the F1 Japanese Grand Prix has been held in Japan's typhoon season since 1976 and has been significantly affected by weather twice as far as I can remember).