wet and windy weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Bleedin' nora, it's a bit wild out there today.
What's everyone got planned?

We actually have a weekend at home not doing anything special o_O so will be looking forward to hearing what everyone else is up to.

Got to get on top of some life admin, bit of arena hire, some time with the fluffy oldies, might even see my parents :oops: (they only live 5 miles away but I don't think I've seen them since mid october :eek:)

Have fun everyone, hope the stormy weather gives us a break.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Charity ball Friday night. First time in a posh frock for a very long time!!! With all my horsey friends so we will all look rather different from usual.

Picking up new pony (hopefully) on Saturday. She passed her vetting today so we are just waiting for the results of the pre-movement strangles test.

Dressage lesson on Sunday.

Have fun everyone xx

Asha

Visit site
Congrats on the new pony AE.
Its nice ( especially at this time of year) to have a non riding weekend MP, enjoy and snuggle up!

We hacked out in this yesterday, I nearly bottled it as the trees where swaying, the neddies where a bit excited, but we did it , after a fair bit of trotting to the girls minds on things we where grand .
Im actually doing 2 dressage tests on sunday, finally plucked up the courage to have a go, ive ordered the tests off the BD website, so hope they hurry up and arrive so I can have a practise . Good luck everyone out and about !

Bernster

Visit site
Congrats on the vetting and new pony!

Today, getting over jet lag and schooling tonight. Not sure that is a great combination. Away for the weekend so just a quick hack on Saturday I suspect. Been a busy bee and missing my riding (although I was riding for a week on a ranch so I really shouldn’t complain!). Dec is pretty much a wash out riding wise 😔

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Taking the pony hunting on Saturday for the first time in a while - will be fun especially in this weather!!
Dressage comp on Sunday with Rocky, unfortunately the warm up is outside so i think we will look like drowned rats during our test :) I have been away in Switzerland with work this week so haven't been able to ride and have only ran through my test once... eekk.

Have a good weekend everyone, hope the weather calms down! x

Snowfilly

Visit site
New pony pics are expected!

Christmas showjumping on Sunday, so breaking out the tinsel and silly hats. We're doing pairs relay, accumulator with joker and take your own line, plus leading some kids in the under 8s section.

Have fun everyone and keep dry!

Fiona

Visit site
Great news AE..

What is new pony called?

I'm pleased to report that after our two less than successful arena xc lessons, I took Fionn to a prebooked SJ lesson at our RC on Monday evening and he jumped absolutely fabulously. Standing off etc, and not backing off at all. The fences were only about 75cm but I was ever so pleased and relieved, even though he is still getting his back checked next week.

F and Daisy also had a super PC rally on Tuesday evening jumping quite a big grid.....

I'm taking son off to do a SJ arena hire after school this afternoon, and we might go showjumping on Saturday morning but it's outdoors so definitely weather dependant.

Good luck everyone competing and hunting 😃😃😃

I still might leave our hunting debut until after Xmas... after our fright...

Fiona

scats

Visit site
Great news on the new pony AE.

I’m getting back on board this weekend after a 2-week break due to my kidneys. I’ve been back in work this week but still felt rough early on and then we were hit by a storm the last couple of days so any riding plans went on hold.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Great news AE..

What is new pony called?

She's called Dolly. Or Duntally Dolly if you want her full name. She's bright white so will match Jenny :D:D 14.2 Connemara. And a real sweetie.

I'm pleased to report that after our two less than successful arena xc lessons, I took Fionn to a prebooked SJ lesson at our RC on Monday evening and he jumped absolutely fabulously. Standing off etc, and not backing off at all. The fences were only about 75cm but I was ever so pleased and relieved, even though he is still getting his back checked next week.
Fiona

Glad you are back on track. Onwards and upwards! X

oldie48

Visit site
I am supposed to be going to a RC clinic this evening but although it's a bit calmer now Rose was clipped this morning and had her teeth done this afternoon and I am thinking I'm just asking a bit too much of her. Also it's been so hideous today that I haven't been able to do any relaxed loading training and I will have to load her both ways in the dark. Think i have just convinced myself it's not a good idea! Nothing planned for the weekend, may just hack her round the block and do a short school with some relaxed loading training.

mavandkaz

Visit site
Am supposed to be going to combined training on Sunday. The dressage should be ok, although he has been a bit tense through his back recently. The SJ is the bit I worry about, we are both capable but my nerves get the better of me.
Unfortunately I have been laid up with the flu, so he hasn't been ridden since Sunday - not the best preparation!
May have to withdraw, will see how Friday/Saturday go

DressageCob

Visit site
Fairly quiet one for me. I’m having a flat lesson with my yard owner on Saturday. She’s brilliant but doesn’t miss a thing.

I’m then having a supervised ride on my little cob in the afternoon. I’ve ridden him twice since his enucleation and he’s been good as gold.

Sunday I’m taking the little cob for his first one-eyed hack with my friend. Just a short one on the sandstone trail. Then jump lesson with the big cob in the afternoon. Hopefully it will be better than last week, when I had a nervous breakdown and shouted as loud as I could “I have no steering and no brakes” when asked why I didn’t jump the last one in a line.

Wheels

Visit site
Great news AE..

What is new pony called?

F and Daisy also had a super PC rally on Tuesday evening jumping quite a big grid.....

I'm taking son off to do a SJ arena hire after school this afternoon, and we might go showjumping on Saturday morning but it's outdoors so definitely weather dependant.

Good luck everyone competing and hunting 😃😃😃

I still might leave our hunting debut until after Xmas... after our fright...

Fiona

I had sent you a PM Fiona about possibly going back to Eric Pele's on Sunday - did you get it?

I haven't been able to ride this week due to crazy working hours but I got home at a reasonable hour today and so even though I was knackered I couldn't wait to ride my pony. He was awesome!

Today's focus was straight line canter departs from trot then walk. Tomorrow will be lateral work, hack Saturday then go jumping somewhere on either Sunday or Monday (since l, so far, have the day off)

Chippers1

Visit site
SJ for me again on Sunday, its two phase so I can go quick rather than optimum time! I think you do a set number of jumps then if clear go straight to a jump off course... It's 75cm this time and I actually haven't had chance to jump him this week so I'm hoping the same tactics from last week will work again, plus I'll wear my Christmas pants again as they seem to be lucky 😅

Northern

Visit site
Our weekend forecast is wet and windy too! Hopefully it'll clear up for some riding time.
I've hopped on my new girl L a couple of times and she's doing well. Waiting on a proper saddle for her so I can crack on with her schooling and hacking. In the meantime, introducing some lateral work in the walk. Hopefully I can work on her canter a bit before she has a break over Christmas while I head to the Northern Hemisphere. Poor E hasn't been right for a while now, I'll probably hop on her to do some loosening up work over poles and cavaletti. Fingers crossed I can sort her out so she's more comfortable, the chiro reckons she will get her right again in time. We suspect she's somersaulted onto her neck/head. Silly TB :/

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We have a very quiet weekend, but it's well deserved. Saturday we are going to spectate Equestrian in the Park, which is arena eventing (2* level) and show jumping in a park near the city. Should be a fun day out.

Sunday I think both the horses are going to have a bit of a jump at home. Other than that glorious NOTHING.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Not much on for me - am a bit swamped at work at them moment so I'm going to try not to spend any of my weekend doing work from home.

I don't know, I think I might be vibing getting on Pebs 😁. On the assumption I happen to catch her in some semi-dry state at some point.....

Have a glorious time everyone!

Denbob

Visit site
Quiet weekend for Denzel as I'm at West Point Equine Fair!!!! As a fellow horse nut I have been given the blessing by our equine team to attend even though I'm a different part of the organisation. Working it though so no demos for me, boo! Then off to Brum to see the OH on Sunday for the first time in a month or so.

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I've tentatively booked in a jumping lesson for Saturday morning but the forecast says heavy rain and wind. Wednesday and Thursday night when I rode it poured and was windy. Thursday it only started raining when I tacked up and stopped when I finished. I can only ride Saturday morning as have an appointment in the afternoon ... When it's meant to be dry!! I don't like rain and it feels like someone is conspiring against me!! ☹️🌨️😋

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I feel like I'm on the cusp of getting a cold, and everyone around us seems to be sick at the moment so I'm aiming for a fairly relaxed weekend. M has managed to get cellulitis again, so a fairly quiet weekend of light work beckons to help keep the swelling down. Baby spice seems to constantly be covered in poop, as every discerning foal knows that poop makes the best pillow! So I might also make an attempt at cleaning him up a bit and then continue with a bit of rug training.

Good luck to everyone who's out and about this weekend. And can't wait to see pics of the new addition AE!

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
This weekend will Consist of playing with Faran and getting him ready for his first inhand show and making sure he’s ready for gelding next week, getting dressed up again (second weekend in a row, I honestly despair at this time of year I hate all the effort that goes into glamming up lol ) for a few parties over the weekend and chilling out of this weather :D

This is just too much effort in this weather for me lol ;)

Attachments

• 142F1F2D-2A93-439B-956D-064F4406E52E.jpeg
    142F1F2D-2A93-439B-956D-064F4406E52E.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 11
  • AAB93F8E-BCAC-440A-B53D-3490297890DF.jpeg
    AAB93F8E-BCAC-440A-B53D-3490297890DF.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 12

blood_magik

Visit site
I took Beau to Morris to have another bash at a newcomers today. My heart wasn’t really in it after losing Ellie but I’m glad we went because he jumped his socks off for me once we got in the ring.

I’m going back tomorrow to have a look at two horses that are for sale and if I like them, I’ll arrange a trial for some time next week. I met them both in the stables and I’m pretty sure I already know which one I’d be likely to choose.

It does feel a little fast, if I’m being honest, but I feel like I’m on a bit of a roll with the jumping and I don’t want to have a long break and lose my confidence again. *sigh* I don’t know...

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Aww BM, so upsetting...I'm sure viewing some potential newbies will help clarify how you feel a bit x
^^ this
if you see one you love, then it's meant to be... if not, then you know it's meant to take longer. good news that you had a good ride today though.