WFPs horse PTS at boekelo.....

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how sad...... i hope it was a quick ending......

oh well, keeperscottage, another horse, with a thoughtless owner, badly treated and not PTS at home....

what are "we" to do with these thoughtless and un caring types????

sheesh.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you dare try and bring an irrelevent post into this and try and suggest anything against william. He is one of the finest horseman of our time, cares so deeply about his horses and he will be devastated at this as will the owners, grooms and riders involved.
Why don't you just grow up and leave whatever argument you've had in whatever post in THAT post like an adult. This is tragic news and shouldn't be marred further by some silly persons personal problem with someone or something completely irrelevent.
mad.gif
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My god, am I the only one to see JM wasn't even talking about William. She was taking the pi55 of another forum member. Irrelevent yes but nothing about William.

No offence G_I but by spending one day with William doesn't prove he cares deeply about his horses. I'm sure he does but only he knows what goes on behind closed doors.

sw123

Visit site
He was jumping brilliantly and oli was here to watch. After fence 22 on the corner heard the crack, and that was that. V v quickly seen to by vets and taken to the nearest clinic and x rayed but nothing to be done. Everyone here is absolutely gutted. Not nice but it was an accident, an awful thing to happen but no one to blame.

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how sad...... i hope it was a quick ending......

oh well, keeperscottage, another horse, with a thoughtless owner, badly treated and not PTS at home....

what are "we" to do with these thoughtless and un caring types????

sheesh.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you dare try and bring an irrelevent post into this and try and suggest anything against william. He is one of the finest horseman of our time, cares so deeply about his horses and he will be devastated at this as will the owners, grooms and riders involved.
Why don't you just grow up and leave whatever argument you've had in whatever post in THAT post like an adult. This is tragic news and shouldn't be marred further by some silly persons personal problem with someone or something completely irrelevent.
mad.gif
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

get a life...and READ what i have written.....

i said it was sad ...and it is..

the "dig" has/had sweet FA to do with WFP.......

gloster_image

Visit site
Oh go jump off a bridge.

Fed up of this forum now not even gonna bother on here anymore.

I've started to see lately why you lot have the reputation you do and i cannot be sodding bothered with it.

(and thats the edited version of this post)

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh go jump off a bridge.

I've started to see lately why you lot have the reputation you do and i cannot be sodding bothered with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you edit it? I preferred the first version.
grin.gif

Seriously G_I don't be such a drama queen. Nobody can form an opinion of someone by seeing them at an event for one day. Not saying anything bad about William but be realistic.

If you find the forum such a b*tchy place why stay?

ETS: Apparently I can't spell
grin.gif

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he went lame on the flat just before the second last fence, I pulled him up straight away but there was nothing to be done to save him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, bit different from ATs conduct in the same situation!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Spiral, you have just saved me the bother of saying the same thing.
smirk.gif

Very sad news for WFP, and all connections to this talented horse.
My sympathies to all concerned.

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh go jump off a bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where on earth did that outburst come from?
JM said nothing against WFP
confused.gif

Might be wise to read things properly before spitting your dummy out and having a go at the rest of the forum.

If you don't like us, there's a little 'x' you can click on, in the top left hand corner of your screen...

weevil

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Where on earth did that outburst come from?
JM said nothing against WFP
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite, and several people have agreed with Spiral's comment that it was not particularly appropriate to use this thread to take a cheap shot at another forum member.
G_I, I think you are being a bit oversensitive. SM did not criticise WFP - all she said, quite reasonably, was that you cannot know all about someone having seen them for one day at an event.

kerilli

Visit site
sorry, i read it that way too, tbh. i thought that's what "another horse..." meant. oh well. i apologise if i got the wrong end of the stick.
fwiw, i think WFP is one of the kindest of the top riders. a harsh rider could never get a thing out of a quirky clever little git like Tam...!
wink.gif

lorenababbit

Visit site
not read this thread properly but it strikes me that whatever the reason for the offending comment and whatever the meaning behind it this is hardly the time or place for jests or jibes.
never mind william, he is well used to the ups and downs of horse trials but oli hasnt the same milage and he is a sweet and charming person who does not deserve to have this happen.
and william didnt 'take over' the ride he was aske dto have a go on it he decided it wasnt quite ready for blenheim and by the way it was going til the accident he was right to give it the extra month. they were both going beautifully when he heard the crack as he landed over the third last and pulled up immediately. he couldnt have done more unlike some people i can think of.
I am gutted for them all.

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
sorry, i read it that way too, tbh. i thought that's what "another horse..." meant. oh well. i apologise if i got the wrong end of the stick.
fwiw, i think WFP is one of the kindest of the top riders. a harsh rider could never get a thing out of a quirky clever little git like Tam...!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

JM was being dry...
smile.gif

And at least you didn't throw a wobbly and slag off the whole forum.
cool.gif

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
not read this thread properly but it strikes me that whatever the reason for the offending comment and whatever the meaning behind it this is hardly the time or place for jests or jibes.
never mind william, he is well used to the ups and downs of horse trials but oli hasnt the same milage and he is a sweet and charming person who does not deserve to have this happen.
and william didnt 'take over' the ride he was aske dto have a go on it he decided it wasnt quite ready for blenheim and by the way it was going til the accident he was right to give it the extra month. they were both going beautifully when he heard the crack as he landed over the third last and pulled up immediately. he couldnt have done more unlike some people i can think of.
I am gutted for them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is human nature though, to draw comparisons from two similar events, and the consequent actions of the riders involved, particularly when the AT debarcle caused so much controversy.

This is a forum, and people will give their opinions. It doesn't mean that people don't feel terribly sorry for WFP though.

I think most people on here would agree that WFP is a credit to the sport, which is why it was quickly pointed out that he immediately acted in the horse's best interests, as opposed to AT.

lorenababbit

Visit site
except they missed the point of my post which was that maybe when a horse dies its not the time for joking, jesting or whatever.
obviously people are entitled to their opinions and obviously that is what forums are for. please not i have not commented on anyones opinion actually and dont quote me if you havent read the post properly.
and yes i am a bit tweaky today. i am very fond of oli smith.

SCFarm-USA

Visit site
Just popped over the pond to add my condolences. It is always so sad to lose a horse, especially a promising youngster like that. My heart goes out to all of Monarch's Aristocrat's connections. I don't know who Oli is, but it sounds like the one who's been bringing him along. Must be devistating. My thanks to WFP for acting quickly and responsibly.

SCFarm

sw123

Visit site
I was there - literally waiting for my rider to go XC (she was held in the start box when it happened) and I can truely say firstly that it was an accident with no prevention and secondly that everything possible was done for the horse in the quickest amount of time - we were held for 20mins, within 50 he'd been put down (having x rayed). Ollie is his owner who had asked WFP to ride him, he was there watching and absolutely devastated, all I can say is well done to Liz the team vet who stopped him seeing the horse lame in that way. His groom was absolutely unconsolable and our row of stables had a v v sad atmosphere for the rest of the day.

But as all connections agreed these things happen, they're very tragic and something that can take time to get over but they do and all were there on Sunday helping others and actually Alex the groom was helping others on the Saturday afternoon too.

I think it should be brought to a close all the debate etc and let him RIP.

Whispa

Visit site
Thank you for this very honest post. Gives us a true and accurate picture of what happened in this tragic accident.

My thoughts are with all the horse's connections and RIP Monarch's Aristocrat.

kizzywiz

Visit site
How tragic, I know Oli very well, he is a truly charming, kind & helpful young man, I would not have wished this on him for anything. I do not know William, but he has always seemed to be a true pro, & caring about his horses. What an awful thing to happen, my thoughts are with them all. He was a gorgeous horse, & will be sadly missed.

Tempi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
She was taking the pi55 of another forum member.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Really relevant to do it in this thread then
crazy.gif

William is one of the best eventers in the country, and its a tragic loss of a lovely horse
frown.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She was taking the pi55 of another forum member.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Really relevant to do it in this thread then
crazy.gif

William is one of the best eventers in the country, and its a tragic loss of a lovely horse
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had quoted me in full it would have read 'She was taking the pi55 of another forum member. Irrelevent yes but nothing about William."

mickey

Visit site
I agree with G_I. I thought that comment early on about horse not being PTS at home etc etc was irrelevant to this discussion and potentially misleading and offensive.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with G_I. I thought that comment early on about horse not being PTS at home etc etc was irrelevant to this discussion and potentially misleading and offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it was. But many thought it was aimed at WFP which it wasn't. Also G_I went totally OTT! And I stand by my comment that you can't possibly know someones views/methods well from spending one day with them.

However this is ALL irrellevant as the OP was with regards to MA (RIP)
frown.gif