What Annoys you.....

_OC_

Visit site
......in the horse world?
Mine is people that buy horses that quite clearly cannot afford to keep them, and are clueless.....you cannot keep a horse on a shoestring....if I could not keep one to a reasonable level, then I would not own a horse!!!
:And people that give advice, but quite clearly do not have any idea what their talking about!

Over to you for your thoughts.

Greylegs

Visit site
People who buy a horse which is clearly too much for them to the point where it scares the living day lights out of them, but refuse to face facts and acknowledge they've over horsed themselves. Both horse and rider end up in a kind of limbo where neither is happy.

People who buy a perfectly nice horse as a happy hacker and then blame the poor thing when it isn't capable of affiliating with BE because they realise that's what they actually want to be doing.

... I'm sure there are more ....

Flame_

Visit site
Ill, lame, dead and awkward horses.

Not that its their fault, but it still annoys me that they can't be healthy, happy, here and cooperating.

And people, most of them get on my nerves a lot too. ;)

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Draw reins on a just backed four year old.......

Riding in a.double because it makes him put his head in the right place for showing

Beating the bleep out of an older horse because he doesn't want to jump anymore

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I used to let things get to me but no longer.

Mainly due to the fact that the longer I have horses, the less I know about them!!!!

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
Parents who buy their teenager a horse then fail to support them in any way. I know of one like this and the horse is lame thin and left out in a field unrugged while the owners owe months of livery. And yes i did report it.

Equine_Dream

Visit site
I said it on another thread this week: high and mighty people who feel the need to force their opinion regarding caring for and riding horses on others.
In the horse world there are many different ways of doing things. There isn't necessarily a "right" way of doing it. It just depends on the individual owner and horse.
I have seen friends reduced to tears because of over opinionated idiots like this. Personally I take the view that, unless I ask for your opinion, and my horses are happy and well cared for, mind your own business and concentrate on your own horses.

scotlass

Visit site
YO / YM who are all smiles when showing you around the yard, but once you have a foot in the door, take psychosis to a whole new level.

Yard bullies. Wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else - why is it so rife in the equestrian world?

The YO / YM's spy - gets their own way over everything in return for running to the YO / YM with tales.

Bridles / reins with buckles on the outside. Neat billet hooks, please.

rachk89

Visit site
People who say they love their horse and then sell them when they are too old to compete anymore. To me horses are a lifelong commitment. I would never sell my horse once he is too old. Will keep him forever because I don't want him ending up in a bad home. Even if you sell your horse to a good home there is no guarantee they will do the same.

Agreed with equine_dream too. You get a lot of opinionated people in the horse world.

Highlands

Visit site
The know it all syndrome , people who can afford trying not to spend a penny on horse, it can go without shoes etc... Poor thing goes footsore constantly, people who ask your advice and not going to ever take it...

Smogul

Visit site
Horse owners who get annoyed because dog walkers and ramblers don't know how to behave round horses. Why should they? Horses are of no interest to the average member of the public.

MissMistletoe

Visit site
Haynets being hung with the knot facing outwards so a horse could get hoof caught in the cord. Please just spin the net around!!!.
Horses being tied up with too long a rope.

DD

Visit site
people who pay hunting fees , enter competitions, fun rides, run a lorry. But the moan all the time at the cost of keeping the horse dont feed it properly have too thin and wearing trashed rugs and dont use bedding. makes me very angry. I know 2 of these people quite well.

Nativelover

Visit site
YO who are frauds, offering what you need then completely change everything that was agreed, have only ever met 3 who were genuinely nice caring people.

People who have no thought to their horses welfare and put themselves first.

Over use and increasing popularity of gadgets.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Fat horses by that I mean very fat not just a tad too well .
Not annoyed but frustrated by horses I see struggling that I am pretty sure are not performing for a good reason and need a good work up from a decent vet
The awful shoeing and foot care you see but that's more upset than annoyed

poiuytrewq

Visit site
People who "love" their horses too much to pts even though it's blindingly obviously the only thing to do.
Currently have one at work, owner says she's a sentimental old fool who just loves too much.... In actual fact she's a complete bit@@ who shouldn't be allowed near a horse forget about owning one.
Really really annoys me

redredruby

Visit site
People who boast about everything they are going to do; event, affiliate dressage etc but can barely keep their horse in a canter on a 20 metre circle....let alone working properly. And of course, it is the same people who happily tell you how their horse is the best on the yard, that you are clearly a novice and then get upset when the well schooled cob beats them at dressage.

Enfys

Visit site
I said it on another thread this week: high and mighty people who feel the need to force their opinion regarding caring for and riding horses on others.
In the horse world there are many different ways of doing things. There isn't necessarily a "right" way of doing it. It just depends on the individual owner and horse.
I have seen friends reduced to tears because of over opinionated idiots like this. Personally I take the view that, unless I ask for your opinion, and my horses are happy and well cared for, mind your own business and concentrate on your own horses.

Well said :)

Bubblewrap

Visit site
People who don't do their horses until lunchtime as 'it's the weekend and I need a lie-in'. Poor horse doesn't know what day it is.

Woolly Hat n Wellies

Visit site
People who ask your advice, ignore it, ask someone else, and then come back and tell you the exact damn information you told them, as though it will be news to you.

No hi-viz.

People sorting their own comfort before their horse's. This is my real bugbear, I suspect because I can't do a thing about it and will appear hypercritical and interfering if I say anything. If you come in from a ride, jump off, change into your comfy boots, get your hat and gloves and coat off, and then get your phone out to post a picture to Facebook of "my muddy pony after our hack", with the poor thing standing there sweating, stirrups dangling, girth tight, and all your riding gear in the background, I will be judging you.

TelH

Visit site
Over rugging. If you have a hairy native type that holds its weight well and is not clipped it is highly unlikely that it needs to be wearing its own body weight in rugs...

People who post on Facebook etc saying things along the lines of my horse has not eaten for 3 days, what should I do, then get angry and confrontational when somebody suggests calling a vet...

People who claim to have 'rescued' a horse from the meat man then a week or so later are looking to sell it on...