What are your favourite breeches and why?

aimeejay

Visit site
Hey all,

In need of some new breeches and would like to hear which pairs you love! So any price, any brand, which breeches are your favourite?
Tempted to buy some Pikeur's, just can't decide whether to or not, so especially if you have some, lemme know :rolleyes:

TIA :D

monkeybum13

Visit site
My favourite jods were a pair of denim splash jods, the ones you see at Badminton etc with water running down them to show they don't let water in.
They are extremely comfy and being denim they don't look too bad.

celia

Visit site
I love Cavallo breeches. Very comfy with just the right amount of stretch and lovely suede-like full seats. They wash really well too and most dirt just brushes right off - always useful around horses! :)

camilla4

Visit site
Pikeur all the way for me - have tried so many other brands and always come back to these - last for ages, so comfortable and wash really well.

Fairy Dust

Visit site
Pikeur every time!! The quality is fab and I love them as they are one of the only brands I can get in a long length. They wash superbly and last forever. Would always recommend them! They really are worth the extra £££! :)

snopuma

Visit site
I love my Pikeur Ricarda, my Cavallo's and my Golden Dress, but I also love my thin Joules breeches ao much so That I have 4 pairs!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
As I'm a tad financially challenged I never seem to be able to afford the Pikeur joddies :( but usually find that for relatively cheap and cheerful you can't go wrong with good old Harrry Hall or Caldene. No frills and no messing, you know what you're getting and you can bung 'em in the machine and they'll come up nice again.

I've got a couple of pairs of Mark Todd; they're good and comfy, plus seem to be building up a collection of denim jods!

Will have to get looking for something warm & cosy for me exposed tiddly-bits in the winter I s'pose, before long. Depressing innit?

brown tack

Visit site
Caldeane wins my vote (don't tend to but very dear ones)

They have lived though many falls, even big ones when I was trampled, the sticky bum is good without being to sticky. They wash really well. The winter ones are lovely and warm

spookypony

Visit site
Another Pikeur girl here. Can't afford many pairs but don't need to---they last really long. I wear the winter weather-resistant fabric year-round.

Silmarillion

Visit site
Mark Todd. Only ones that don't hang round my non-exsistant bum :eek:

I'm quite taken by the look of the Rugged Rider ones - I've not noticed them before, but a few local tackshops have them in and I'm in need of some new ones...