What are your horses' good/bad habits?

Pippity

Visit site
Hopefully a fun thread!

Blue's bad habits are minimal:
- She saves up all her poo for her stable. Never poos under saddle. Minimal poo in her field. As soon as she walks into her stable - splat!
- She likes to lurk at the far end of her field, thus making me walk through the massive puddle that currently splits her field in two.

Her good habits:
- She generally restricts her mudpacks to her head and legs. I can turn her out completely naked, and she'll come in with just muddy legs and muddy head. I have no idea how she does it.
- She stands like a rock for mounting/dismounting. Even if I accidentally kick her in the bum, she just gives me a wounded look.
- She's very polite about taking treats.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Bs good ones:
Neat pile of droppings in stable, also in same place in paddock
Always has a wee before coming in for a feed.
Can be led absolutely anywhere and loads into anything.
Has a very good engine that keeps going for ever (please also see below)

Not so appreciated:
Still going on like a Duracell bunny when I'm flagging....
Stagging about in the field whatever the ground conditions if there might be something interesting going on with the neighbours
Pulls like a train when part way round hacking with one particular friend beside us. Never does it with anyone else!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Kira's good tendencies:
Particularly appreciated at the moment, eats anything, never questions weird powders and takes a syringe of paste without fussing ?
100% safe with her mouth, she is immensely careful and anyone can feed her treats, or give scratches, she just gums you, guaranteed.

Bad habits
Showing herself up at the moment as she reckons she deserves more field time and won't be caught by YO ?
Always has to check its really important before going anywhere or doing anything new (lorry, washbox, different stable etc) Never just goes where asked ?

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Nugs good:
Super in my pocket and so so loving. Very well mannered. Most well behaved horse I’ve ever had at a show and he’s not even 3.
Nugs bad:
Recently chewing the wood in his stable (but I’ll cut him some slack as he’s been in on boxrest and has lost one of his front caps).
Poops up against the wall and makes paintings.
Proving to be accident prone...
fussy with medication in feeds.

Tyler good:
Will jump anything if you stick your leg on.
Not fussy at all.
Hardy, doesn’t need a lot of feed or rugs.

Tyler bad:
Weaves if in the stable when somebody is on the yard not giving attention to him!
Decides that sometimes it’s ok if his field mate leaves the field for her dinner (20 mins max), other days will charge around like a n*b.
Becomes a prancey hothead when at competitions or away from home.

Megan V1

Visit site
Megan's good points, she is a dream to handle, can do anything with her,brilliant for the farrier and vet, very brave and excellent in all traffic.
Bad points, she is evil to the minis and any other horse except Celt and she hates the dentist with a passion.
Celt's good points, a gentle boy who will share his hay, feed or anything else with the minis and Megan, lovely to handle, good for vet, farrier and dentist.
Bad points, he is a nervous wreck with anything new and hates all noise,

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Good habits: so easy to deal with on the ground and I happily take him anywhere by myself, loves lorries (but see bad habits...), can be persuaded to do pretty much anything for a bucket containing approximately 5 pony nuts, relatively tidy in his stable, amazing in traffic, hasn’t a nasty bone in his body

Bad habits: loves lorries so much he’s been known to drag you to load into other peoples at shows (sometimes decides he’d rather not load into his own trailer though...), favourite roll patch is in the field gateway which is 6 inches deep in mud (he’s grey too ?) and he also likes to stand there looking like a sad welfare case (he has at least an acre of decent grazing behind it!), spooking/stopping at weird things (people, gaps in hedges, a suspicious looking twig...)

scats

Visit site
Millie good habits- loads like a dream, is extremely rideable in the school and gives anything a try, amazing to clip and will stand untied while doing so.

Bad habits- hugely impatient over waiting and scrapes the floor to let it be known that I’m not up to her speed standards!

Polly good- she is generally very easy day to day, completely angelic

Polly bad- nightmare to get medication into, first season of the year she’s like a raging hormone

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
DP good points. Wears his heart on his sleeve and tells me if there is a problem.
Bad points. The impatient Arab head toss hurts if it connects. Can be stressy in new environments but improving. Won’t travel alone. Bucks like stink in canter if anyone gets to close.

B good points. Very well mannered. Stoic to the extreme. Brave, bold and loves XC/jumping/hunting.
Bad points. Can be a lazy so and so if not doing the above activities. He has teeth and likes to use them when he is stressed.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Arabi's good

Very loving and loves people he loves having his tongue massaged
Great character
Will hack anywhere on his own never naps
Will happily eat a syringe of anything
A vet can do anything to him
Great to clip

Arabi's bad

Terrified of most motor vehicles
Doesn't like being sprayed
Not keen on the hose
Not great with new horses and often takes a great dislike to some

Louis bad
He can bite on occasion
He does the Arab head toss
He has chewed a hole in his stable door
Hates being stabled
Is a very clever escape artist
Not great to hack can really nap
Not great with the vet
Hates bikes

Louis good
One of the loveliest horses to school once you know how to ride him
His got a massive character
He will eat anything
Take anything in a syringe
Good in traffic apart from bikes
Will go out with literally anything and is kind to them
Great to clip

They are both so intelligent which can be great but often it's a case of too clever for there own good.

ArklePig

Visit site
My riding school loan horse

Best habit-basically puts his own bridle on, would prob do up his own girth if he had thumbs.
Bad habits- farts on me the odd time when brushing his tail

Picture, just because I'm obsessed and can't believe my luck that I get to spend so much time with him. I'll prob be back in a few years having bought my own horse bemoaning the fact that there's nothing but bad habits ?

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_194651_313.jpg
    IMG_20210129_194651_313.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 10