What are your thoughts on the League Against Cruel Sports?

oakash

Visit site
Mrs Scratchline, so sorry you consider my familiarity to be 'name calling' ; I was only being friendly!

All I ask is that you show a little intellectual curiousity when trying to discuss issues of which you demonstrably have only a propaganda based knowledge. Quite obviously, proper hunting is much more humane than a fox dying slowly after being shot and wounded which happens all the time round here now that hunting is illegal. Quite obviously, staghounds contribute to animal welfare by hunting wounded deer and allowing them to be shot humanely at close range.

Now, please tell me why LACS does not swing solidly behind the voices for a repeal of the Hunting Act, and admit they got it dead wrong?

Scratchline

Visit site
We'll never debate... we're kindred spirits!

I really rather look forward to the day mankind leaves this earth, and loathe the selfish notion that without us, earth will die!

Have you seen the newer photos of chenobyl? That is, imo, all the proof I need that the world will reclaim herself.

Yes I have HG and I have no doubt that the earth will be fine. If I had one wish it would be to return for a visit many years after we are long gone.

Scratchline

Visit site
Mrs Scratchline, so sorry you consider my familiarity to be 'name calling' ; I was only being friendly!

All I ask is that you show a little intellectual curiousity when trying to discuss issues of which you demonstrably have only a propaganda based knowledge. Quite obviously, proper hunting is much more humane than a fox dying slowly after being shot and wounded which happens all the time round here now that hunting is illegal. Quite obviously, staghounds contribute to animal welfare by hunting wounded deer and allowing them to be shot humanely at close range.

Now, please tell me why LACS does not swing solidly behind the voices for a repeal of the Hunting Act, and admit they got it dead wrong?

Mrs.Scratchline? lol lol Rosie can point you to who I am on fb lol

Your blaming the hunting ban now for the actions of irresponsible bloodthirsty killers of foxes who dont care about leaving injured foxes wandering our countryside. Easier that than falling out with all the people around you by standing up for right and telling them what you think about their actions!
Now its propoganda based knowledge? PMSL Been there, been a part of it and sickened to my stomach by the actions of hunters with hounds. None of you would choose to be chased down then ripped apart by a pack of hounds forced with the choice. You would all rather be shot at and hope for a skilled marksmen. The difference between us is I am man enough to be honest about it. Shame on you lot!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
You may be 'man enough' to spout emotive rubbish, but still unwilling to enter into adult debate. Your comment about people choosing to be shot rather than hunted by hounds, is ill informed and emotive, suggesting that the thought process of a fox is the same as that of a human, including understanding the concept of death, and the understanding of 'self'. You also appear to suggest that the shooting of foxes is carried out as a result of the shooters being bloodthirsty, rather than as a means of control, so presumably you are of the opinion that foxes should not be killed by any means?

pastie2

Visit site
scratchline you reported me so I shall be very careful not to offend your sensitive side. We all have an oppinion on foxhunting and every opinion is relevent, I just wish that you could conduct yourself in a less antaganastic manner. The country side revolves through a balance of nature. Fox habitation is paramount, with out coverts foxes would have nowhere to breed trive in their natural habitat. Hunting makes this possible, their environment is preserved. A fox only has man as a preditor and left to their own devices without a controlled cull they breed and breed until they become inbred. In the wild it is the survival of the fit. I think LACS are ill informed and are useing foxhunting as a stick to beat country people. Idont understandthe life style of people that live in cities and towns, that is their world and I wouldnt dream of interfering with their way of life. More and more foxes are moving into the suburbs and towns, does that not tell you something, there are too many foxes in one area and the weak dog foxes are having to move on and scavenge among dustbins and rubbish. I hope that this post has not offended you in any way. I can not see anything deframatory in it but you never know.

oakash

Visit site
Scratch, your post demonstrates perfectly what I have already said! Don't you even realise that? Foxes are NOT human beings. Would you like to eat a raw, live lamb? Would you like to live in a hole in the ground? What would you think of a dead ewes innards for dinner? Have you ever seen the casual way a fox runs from hounds? Please learn a little about hunting.

Scratchline

Visit site
You may be 'man enough' to spout emotive rubbish, but still unwilling to enter into adult debate.
I am happy to enter debate but sadly often when I do the huntsmen start silly name calling. Thus the debate finishes whilst a battle begins.

Your comment about people choosing to be shot rather than hunted by hounds, is ill informed and emotive, suggesting that the thought process of a fox is the same as that of a human, including understanding the concept of death, and the understanding of 'self'.
If it where natural for packs of hounds followed by masses on horses and quads you would have a point.But it is not.

You also appear to suggest that the shooting of foxes is carried out as a result of the shooters being bloodthirsty, rather than as a means of control, so presumably you are of the opinion that foxes should not be killed by any means?

Hang on there I am not the one using the 'emotional', arguement that all of a sudden, since the ban suddenly any idiot with a gun is out shooting foxes for the sake of it. It happened pre ban also so why are hunters pushing this lie?! I am not against lamping and shooting foxes and know many people who do so humanely. Posters on pro groups on fb, claim they do so without any problems or foxes left injured. I believe them and back what they do where necessary. Why on earth you would choose to presume wrongly when I regularly speak out in favour of shooting foxes I shall never know!
Anybody has the right to have foxes on their land dealt with and if necessary then I am all for it. Its not me putting pressure on landowners and gamekeepers not to cullfoxes. It is the hunts for the sole purpose of enjoying chasing them down and ripping them apart with packs of hounds!!

Scratchline

Visit site
scratchline you reported me so I shall be very careful not to offend your sensitive side.
I hope that this post has not offended you in any way. I can not see anything deframatory in it but you never know.

lol I have not got a sensitive side to posting on a forum. If allowed, when people attack me out of the blue I would just rip them apart with words but we are to be restrained I am told on here. Therefore I have been asked by admin to make them aware of posts made just to attack me or cause trouble on their forum. Dont be offended by my actions and I will not let your manner of posting before you were reprimanded offend me.

We all have an oppinion on foxhunting and every opinion is relevent, I just wish that you could conduct yourself in a less antaganastic manner. The country side revolves through a balance of nature. Fox habitation is paramount, with out coverts foxes would have nowhere to breed trive in their natural habitat. Hunting makes this possible, their environment is preserved. A fox only has man as a preditor and left to their own devices without a controlled cull they breed and breed until they become inbred. In the wild it is the survival of the fit. I think LACS are ill informed and are useing foxhunting as a stick to beat country people. Idont understandthe life style of people that live in cities and towns, that is their world and I wouldnt dream of interfering with their way of life. More and more foxes are moving into the suburbs and towns, does that not tell you something, there are too many foxes in one area and the weak dog foxes are having to move on and scavenge among dustbins and rubbish.
I understand your points and agree with some. And I am not against culling although obviously one culled fox just leads to another moving in, a vicious circle.
As for LACS they are not beating us country folk far from it. See, most of us in the country are low paid, dont have horses and are 100% against fox hunting. This isnt and never was about town v country. How can it be when polled the country folk dont want the hunts to continue killing foxes in that manner either. As for foxes in the cities do you know that the sick hoodies have started killing them with their status dogs, an ongoing battle the police and welfare groups are having to deal with.
Will that be legal if the ban is repealed, I guess so. On the one habnd is may be distasteful but no different to what the hunters hope to return to. Do we all want the return of hare hunting, hare coursing, stag hunting, all with dogs. I dont and will always be against such bloodsports.

Scratchline

Visit site
Scratch, your post demonstrates perfectly what I have already said! Don't you even realise that? Foxes are NOT human beings. Would you like to eat a raw, live lamb? Would you like to live in a hole in the ground? What would you think of a dead ewes innards for dinner? Have you ever seen the casual way a fox runs from hounds? Please learn a little about hunting.

Oh please no, of course I dont think of them as human beings. Man is far more cruel in nature than any poor animal. I dont mind or care to live my life the way foxes do. As a human though I expect fellow man to act in a humane manner when dealing with wildlife issues. Chasing and ripping apart with hounds is not in any way humane whether it is fox or any other animal.

Now you say learn something about hunting?? I have followed the North Cornwall and Four Burrows hunts. I shoot, have lamped and anything else you can think of. Of all things, what I will not be a part of and on the side of ever again is hunting with hounds and to be very honest if this bloodsoport returns and people wish to be out in the fields enjoying it my return to hunting would absolutely be with the HSA

oakash

Visit site
Scratch, if you shoot and lamp then you will know that those methods of control are not without problems. Obviously you have had some other problems with hunts or hunt people which seems to have coloured your views. Most people connected with hunts are positively not 'cruel', whereas most anti hunters quite definitely have an element of 'people hating' in their psyche, and I have come across quite a number up country. I am pleased that you at any rate understand that foxes do not think like humans, unlike most anti hunters who say they recognize that as a fact and then profoundly demonstrate that they do not.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Scratchline, yet again your argument is incoherent, the point about the fox thought process was in response to you saying what your choice of death was, suggesting that the fox would have the same thoughts about 'choosing' its manner of death. I fail to see the relevance of quad bikes et al. Yet again you are suggesting that this makes a difference to the fox, but no evidence to support your view of the fox having a similar thought process to your own. I am aware of studies which show certain animals (elephants in particular) have a sense of self, with self recognition etc, but have no awareness of similar studies of foxes, if you have please furnish the references.
Your comment about bloodthirsty idiots killing foxes read as being in response to people shooting and injuring foxes, hence my question about your belief that foxes should be shot.
Perhaps the most telling comment you have made is the one which states that you believe that earth would be better without people on it at all, this is I believe a quote from an extremist eco-terrorist group, who believe that any form of violence towards humans is acceptable, in the furthering of its aims. As you appear to at least sympathise with this group, I will not enter into further debate with you, partly as you do not debate the issues written, but mainly as it is my belief that such terrorists should be dealt with by means of the law, not debate on a forum.

Serenity087

Now would I be a Kentish lass, or a lass of Kent?
Visit site
That was really nice to read when I turned on my computer today HG

Argh, I just realised how hideously miswritten that was!

I believe my SPIRIT will always be here, long after humankind has gone. You either become part of the earth again and make up other things (similar to how your molecules will be reused) or you spend eternity in spiritual limbo.

Although *I* will not be here, my spirit will, and I'd like to think the world my spirit has is a better one than what I have!

Scratchline

Visit site
Perhaps the most telling comment you have made is the one which states that you believe that earth would be better without people on it at all, this is I believe a quote from an extremist eco-terrorist group, who believe that any form of violence towards humans is acceptable, in the furthering of its aims. As you appear to at least sympathise with this group, I will not enter into further debate with you, partly as you do not debate the issues written, but mainly as it is my belief that such terrorists should be dealt with by means of the law, not debate on a forum.

???????????? What on earth are you going on about?????????????? Extreme eco-terrorist groups?? You have completely lost me. I dont agree with hunting with hounds as was before the ban.

Scratchline

Visit site
I realised what you posted and why HG

I think I will take a few days out from the forum and go save the world with my eco terrorists? lol lol lol

Scratchline

Visit site
Scratch, if you shoot and lamp then you will know that those methods of control are not without problems. Obviously you have had some other problems with hunts or hunt people which seems to have coloured your views. Most people connected with hunts are positively not 'cruel', whereas most anti hunters quite definitely have an element of 'people hating' in their psyche, and I have come across quite a number up country. I am pleased that you at any rate understand that foxes do not think like humans, unlike most anti hunters who say they recognize that as a fact and then profoundly demonstrate that they do not.

Hey oakash we can agree to differ me thinks and to be honest post 73 has left me speechless for a while.

CARREG

Visit site
I think you will find that foxes being ripped apart by hounds is now illegal. The ban works just fine as proven by all the convictions.

I didnt ask you about the ban, you stated in an earlier post in this thread that you had witnessed DOGFIGHTING, BADGER BAITING and FOXHUNTING and of the 3 in your opinion Foxhunting was the most cruel, I quoted you and asked "Are you serious". Can you answer my question please...............Carreg

Eagle_day

Visit site
The ban works just fine as proven by all the convictions.

Five people convicted from three hunts; all the rest are poaching or coursing offences. And foxes are always broken up post mortem - but then you've never let facts get in the way of your emotive arguments, have you Scratchy?

Nice to see you're still around Carreg.

Serenity087

Now would I be a Kentish lass, or a lass of Kent?
Visit site
I realised what you posted and why HG

I think I will take a few days out from the forum and go save the world with my eco terrorists? lol lol lol

Ace, we really do think on the same lines :D

Eco terrorism is fun. I met some campaigners who talked me through how to blockade forests to stop them cutting it down.

It involves vans, concrete, handcuffs and a lot of angry coppers!

Sounded like a riot!

Scratchline

Visit site
I didnt ask you about the ban, you stated in an earlier post in this thread that you had witnessed DOGFIGHTING, BADGER BAITING and FOXHUNTING and of the 3 in your opinion Foxhunting was the most cruel, I quoted you and asked "Are you serious". Can you answer my question please...............Carreg

Sorry didnt realise the little ditto on the bottom of your post was permanent.

Am I serious that as fights go, fox hunting using packs to kill and rip an animal apart rather than it being a fair fight is more cruel, absolutely. The same as in a playground fight 1 on 1 is much fairer than 10 people on one other. Do you disagree with that for some reason?

Scratchline

Visit site
Five people convicted from three hunts; all the rest are poaching or coursing offences. And foxes are always broken up post mortem - but then you've never let facts get in the way of your emotive arguments, have you Scratchy?

Nice to see you're still around Carreg.

All convictions were under the new ban and more people are against coursing than fox hunting so dont start trying to wriggle away from the reason for this ban! And dont treat me like an idiot "the foxes are broken up post mortem"?! Foxes die from biting and tearing between hounds not some fantasy bite to the neck. You lie and hide this but the burns report didnt nor will anybody honest who has witnessed the end of the chase.
That is what happens naturally with a pack isnt it!!! Thought you liked to describe your hunting as natural but then only to the point you back yourselves into the corner with your nonsense!

Scratchline

Visit site
Ace, we really do think on the same lines :D

Eco terrorism is fun. I met some campaigners who talked me through how to blockade forests to stop them cutting it down.

It involves vans, concrete, handcuffs and a lot of angry coppers!

Sounded like a riot!

lol lol HG I absolutely know nothing about it other than what we hear on the news. I am going to do some research though but have you any idea who on earth the poster was on about? The eco people? Thanks and best wishes, SL

oakash

Visit site
M.Scratchy: Do you think that a pack of hounds usually 'break up' a fox? Do you think this is done whilst the animal is still alive? I am curious about your beliefs, as the one and only case I have ever seen was when so-called saboteurs were trying to 'save' a fox whilst kicking and beating hounds.

Eagle_day

Visit site
All convictions were under the new ban ...

Eh? Was there an old ban? You're not making any sense here.

You lie and hide this but the burns report didnt nor will anybody honest who has witnessed the end of the chase.

You smear like a government in terminal decline. I base my views on practical experience, not on hearsay or the misreading of an even-handed Burns report. I have seen many dozens of foxes killed by hounds: in every case the fox died almost instantaneously, and was broken up - if at all - when dead.

CARREG

Visit site
Sorry didnt realise the little ditto on the bottom of your post was permanent.

Am I serious that as fights go, fox hunting using packs to kill and rip an animal apart rather than it being a fair fight is more cruel, absolutely. The same as in a playground fight 1 on 1 is much fairer than 10 people on one other. Do you disagree with that for some reason?

I disagree 100% with your reasoning, a pair of equally matched fighting dogs will fight for several hours inflicting serious pain and injury to each other before 1 or both die or are eventually lifted/parted, a badger baiting session could go on for hours wih the poor creature being tortured by god knows how many dogs, a fox caught by hounds is killed in seconds.
You say in your other posts that shooting an animal is quicker therefore less cruel than hunting, in this thread you are saying that animals fighting for hours with no means of escape is less cruel than a fox being killed in a few seconds, so by your reasoning a 10 hour dig to a fox with a terrier [both being about the same size] would be one of the least cruel methods of fox control, as a terrierman I would like to thank you for your unintentional support...............Carreg

Scratchline

Visit site
M.Scratchy: Do you think that a pack of hounds usually 'break up' a fox? Do you think this is done whilst the animal is still alive? I am curious about your beliefs, as the one and only case I have ever seen was when so-called saboteurs were trying to 'save' a fox whilst kicking and beating hounds.

I absolutely know that a fox is not killed by a 'nip', on the neck from the lead hound! That is the lie the CA and huntsmen tell the public.
Why hide from the truth if your sport is so ******* noble?!
Hounds do not go for the neck. Like all dogs the pack go for the soft parts of the body, biting, ripping and shaking. Foxes die from multiple injuries and are often torn open whilst alive. That is not anybodys idea of humane other than those who enjoy seeing a fox suffer!

Scratchline

Visit site
Eh? Was there an old ban? You're not making any sense here.

You smear like a government in terminal decline. I base my views on practical experience, not on hearsay or the misreading of an even-handed Burns report. I have seen many dozens of foxes killed by hounds: in every case the fox died almost instantaneously, and was broken up - if at all - when dead.

Misreading like you people who claim the Burns report supports your cruelty stance on hunting yet ignore its view on fox welfare which is seriously compromised?!
Next you will claim cubbing is to disperse the cubs ( whilst you drive them back into the mouths of the hounds!!).