What bits do you use - just being nosey!

charlie55

Visit site
Used to use a KK ultra now he has NS Virbindend for eveything... So i haveakk ultra if anyone needs one
smile.gif
x

rara007

Visit site
Riding
Mullen mouth eggbutt snaffle- Pip, Rory, Bob, Fred
Frenchlink eggbutt snaffle- Brook
Frenchlink Fulmer snaffle- Ginga
Single jointed eggbutt snaffle- Ajay, Teddy

Driving
Happymouth straightbar snaffle- Bob
Kimblewick- Ginga, Rory
Slotted Kimblewick- top slot- Brook
Happymouth Kimblewick- Richard
Butterfly pelham on snaffle ring- Pip
Liverpool, top slot- Fred
Single jointed eggbutt- Ajay

RachelB

Visit site
Maiden only hacks - she has a cheapo loose ring with a lozenge but she doesn't particularly like it any more (only since she had time off for her injury - since coming back into work she's been fighting the bit/contact worse than ever!) so I must get round to ringing Neue Schule for some advice!
Berlin has a "pinchless" loose ring single joint, I hate single joints but he went no differently in Maiden's lozenge and he's not mine so I can't change it. He only hacks and does dressage and does it all in that one.
Kit (tank-like cob) has two (and only hacks!) - a Myler triple barrel eggbutt with hooks, which is new but so far seems to work, and a (borrowed) Myler triple barrel short shank combination. Her owner doesn't ride her in the combi, just myself and another friend as we are both more experienced than novice owner, hence getting her a "milder" version. I can *just* contain Kit in the combi when she has a strop! She is a LOT happier in that than the pelham I tried her in, or her old Cambridge mouth kimblewick which she loathed (and which probably caused her bolting problem). All this for a happy hack?!
smirk.gif
grin.gif