what breed does not loose too much hair other than poodles

Quartz

Visit site
I would like to buy another dog, however would really like a breed that doesn't loose too much hair. We already have a poodle, he is crazy so really want a second dog who is slightly calmer suitable to be around young children. We had a cavalier king charles and she was perfect with the girls, as they could walk her and she would sit with them for hours being brushed and pampered. Our poodle is too strong on the lead for my girls as they are only 5 and 6. Plus he's not that happy to be brushed either!! So am looking for a nice calm breed that doesn't loose too much hair (unlike our king charles!!) Any ideas? Thanks

prosefullstop

Visit site
My Boston terrier sheds barely anything (they are a single-coated breed, and don't smell either) unlike the pug, whose fur gets everywhere.

They are one of the best breeds for kids--very playful, intelligent, patient, and they love to play with other dogs as well. Mine has been to lots of kids' birthday parties, slept beside friends' newborns, and is incredibly sweet. If your daughters like to throw tennis balls, then you're all set, as Bostons are the kings of fetch.

Don't take my word for it--Bostons have always had a reputation of being good with children :D

http://media.photobucket.com/image/...ess/Dogs - Terriers/f2b703ec.jpg?t=1246467315

http://rlv.zcache.com/vintage_boston_terrier_portrait_poster-p228992964532282629qzz0_400.jpg

http://www.fast-autos.net/diecast-c...1930s-vintage-canvas-dog-art_120459075034.jpg

fmay

Visit site
We never had much hair in the house from 2 Border terriers and 1 smooth coated lurcher BUT.....when we added a labrador to the family we are hoovering every day.

GeeGeeboy

Visit site
Lhaso Apsos! They dont have fur but have hair instead. They dont shed and are great for people with allergies. They're also a very calm natured dog but still alot of fun and are super cute! (not that im biased or anything!):D

Quartz

Visit site
Ditto. Get a schnauz! :D

Have actually been looking these up online today and really liked the look of them. Even more persuaded by two votes on here!! Only one I have found available now though is a medium size one, may try and hang on till I find the minature one. Thanks

PucciNPoni

Visit site
A list which is not all inclusive, but a pretty good start

Poodles (I know you said other than a poodle, but really, WHY would you want anything other than the best?!) Three sizes to choose from, four if you live on the continent
Bichons
Lhasa Apso
Shih Tzu
Tibetan Terrier
Soft Coated Wheaten
Kerry Blue
Lakeland Terrier
Whire Hair Fox Terrier
Bedlington Terrier
Schnauzers (three sizes to choose from!)
Yorkshire Terrier
Maltese Terrier
Spanish Water Dog
Dandie Dinmont

Moulting, but not heavily:
Boxer
Bulldog
English Bulldog
Miniature Pinschers
Boston Terrier
Manchester Terrier
English Toy Terrier
Doberman Pinscher (and the like)

Personally, I still say, KEEP with the poodles! So entertaining, the wee nutters! :D

StephK

Visit site
My Staff is such a lovely dog, although they have a bad name he is the best dog i have owned. We also have a labrador and they are the best of friends. He doesn't loose much hair unlike my lab! x

rubysmum

Visit site
have you considered a labradoodle - they are hailarious on every level
i really cant reccomend a bedlington - can be snappy/agressive & loud & thats just the one i own

haycroft

Visit site
Whippet? Great with our children and clean with nice small feet!
definatly a whippet,yes they shred hair BUT hardly anything
they are very clean,good with kids

or even a short haired lurcher(un reg whippet or whippert cross) or greyhound

whippets are the best..yes im abit biased..i do have two of them

or just keep with a poodle..no moulting but just the clipping

good luck whatever you decide