What breed/mix do you think??

bumper

Visit site
My 4YO has unknown breeding..what do you think he is...I am not going to tell you what it says on his passport lol!

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

Doncella

Visit site
I'd say TB x Appaloosa.
I worked for a woman 30+ years ago and she had a leopard spotted stallion who was 15/16TB, she crossed him with TBs and natives to produce some very useful outcrosses.

bumper

Visit site
Yes, clearly appy, but I always thought that was a colouring, not a breed type, correct me if I am wrong! :)

I am just really curious! He is very close coupled, paws the ground like a TB whilst eating hard feed, and prances about the field like an Ayrab lol!

Thanks BTW for your comment redcascade xxx :)

Doncella

Visit site
Yes, clearly appy, but I always thought that was a colouring, not a breed type, correct me if I am wrong! :)

I am just really curious! He is very close coupled, paws the ground like a TB whilst eating hard feed, and prances about the field like an Ayrab lol!

Thanks BTW for your comment redcascade xxx :)

Know where you're coming from. This woman mentioned above, bought a chestnut 7/8TB with snowflake spots from a sale, put her to a bay stallion produced a bay colt. Put her to Prescipitation (ch TB, sire of Furioso) twice produced a grey colt, and a spotted colt (as above) then to Quelle l'espoir (sic) a grey French TB, whose offspring was similar to yours but with a snowflake spotted front.
Does this help or confuse????

2Conker

Visit site
That is EXACTLY what I was going to say! Appy colouring and eye, TB head, welsh legs somehow... particularly the forelegs...

That was my first impression too, the little bit of feather perhaps suggesting Welsh Sec. D influence? Very nice sort of horse.

welshwizzard

Visit site
Whatever "mix" he is, he's pretty gorgeous anyway:)
BTW it is true that appys dont always show spots,we had a weird one at my old yard.It arrived in winter, really long coat with bits of black in it,it wasn't until my friend clipped her that we realised it was a spotty! The white hairs of the coat covered the black spots,summer coat was well spotty:)

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I would have said Knabbstrupper too but crossed with a TB not arab, Rollestone had one (Angelo Af Asgard?) that was throwing some very nice spotted foals.

Oh alright then maybe an idiwidy bit of arab.... or maybe even some quarterhorse!!!

Appaloosa x Qh are common (in USA) and are stunning....

I also thought... as spots sometimes are thrown with Andalusian/lusitano types when they are crossed (honestly!!) it occurred to me that maybe it could be luso x knabb/appy....

Am I going off the rails????

bumper

Visit site
Ok lol!

What it says on his passport is: Appaloosa x cob!!!

Now you see I find this very strange, having owned a cob, as I cannot for the life of me see any cob in him. TB certainly, possibly a bit of Arab at a stretch, but not cob!