what clip vs rugs do you have on at the moment?

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Coblets fully clipped and is a baby when it comes to the cold! So he currently has a medium weight (derby house version of a heavy weight!) And a fleece under that at night. If he's cold he turns into a miserable old man and refuses to do anything! He seems nice and snug in this at the moment :)

What's your's in at the moment? :)

Forgot to add he still has his legs and half a face on, and is out 24/7

Last edited:

3Beasties

Visit site
My ISH is fully clipped and wearing a 100g turnout with neck. She lives out 24/7. Her clip has grown out a bit now so once she's re-clipped she'll go up to a 200g.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Pony was fully clipped today except legs and half head (only because we cant do full head). He is not even in full work but then he is a warthog but hates hoses/baths/lotions so i clip for hygiene.
he is in at night or in bad weather and has a fleece + medium stable rug and sheet over the top. He has a sheet and medium combo when turned out at the moment.

LeannePip

Visit site
mine is fully clipped out with a 250g combo and a light weight standard at night and fleece and medium out during the day, and shes not hot under these, a comfortable temp when checked at different times of the day, for a cob shes a bit of a wimp though!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
*flexes,cracks knuckles, prepares to be shot*

CS-Fully clipped EPSM TB , competing PSG and working GP. Out in the day in MW under rug, HW combo and snuggy hood.
In at night in a magnet sheet, thermatex and HW combo plus leg wraps.

He's happy, not hot, not itchy, and gleaming with health.most importantly his muscles are not sore.

Fig is not clipped but grows no coat, and is an uber poor doer- he's got a lw under rug, HW combo and snuggy hood. By night he goes in to his magnet sheet, fleece and HW combo. He has a fleece snuggy hood and leg wraps on too.

Retired and yak like Bruce, who is a wimp despite his genes, is in a MW combo by day and a thermatex by night, with a lw no fill on top to stop stable stains!

Sunshine

Visit site
WB has 220g rug on without a neck cover and not clipped yet, veteran anglo has Derby House med combo on as he struggles to maintain weight and never grows much coat. Both are out full time, except for last weekend when it was wild and windy so they spent a night in the stable, although we had to find them in the cold and wet field to drag them in.

miss_c

Visit site
Fanfare - Welsh cob with the tiniest bib clip ever, out at night, in during the day (coming in at night after this weekend) - No rug!

Genie - Clipped out including head and legs, out at night, in during the day (coming in at night after this weekend) - Medium weight turnout, no neck.

Daytona

Visit site
CS-Fully clipped EPSM TB , competing PSG and working GP. Out in the day in MW under rug, HW combo and snuggy hood.
In at night in a magnet sheet, thermatex and HW combo plus leg wraps.

So if he has all that on and it's currently lowest 5 degrees in daytime , when it gets cold what do you do then..??

My horse fully clipped , 100gr Turnout in day time

Night inside and wearing a M/W stable rug.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
So if he has all that on and it's currently lowest 5 degrees in daytime , when it gets cold what do you do then..??

My horse fully clipped , 100gr Turnout in day time

Night inside and wearing a M/W stable rug.

Was 3 deg today, and rugs will alter/ increase as he dictates, as soon as his muscles tighten or he looks sore/ tucked he will move up to having a fleece/ thermatex added and then as temps decrease further will move to a HW under rug.

In a 100gm rug he would be miserable and sore.

Daytona

Visit site
Oh right, does he have a muscle issue..? Is that why he needs so many rugs..?

God I think my horse would keel over in all that. Lol

Daytona

Visit site
You should try a back on track rug :)

I bet you would find it helps. I wear back on track for my stiff sore muscles and it helps a lot, that's how I know they do work.

pippixox

Visit site
it is amazing how horses vary in how warm they are (although i think my friend has an over rugging problem and she realizes when hers start sweating as in double the weight mine are in) mine are in when bad weather and wet- so over night at the moment, but mostly out, with a huge field and herd so they move lots. girl has blanket clip and is in mw, might up to hw at night as close to 0. boy has half his neck clipped and is in mw, but a few days ago it was wet but about 14' so they were back in light w with neck for the day.

wallykissmas

Visit site
Puts tin hat on, cob has a full body clip, still has legs and face - lw sheet or was naked today and in with fleece by night. He carrys weight really easily and has so much grass we don't know what to do with it.

ellie11987

Visit site
Fully clipped poor dooer TB - out during day in MW turnout and in at night in a fleece and MW stable rug. Judging from the forecast I presume she will be in a HW turnout and underrug/MW by the end of the week.

loisb501

Visit site
Mine is fully clipped (apart from legs and half her face) and is in a 175 m/w TO with neck.she's turned out by day and stabled at night x

Tern

Visit site
26yro cob - not clipped medium weight combo on at night off day.

7yro welsh cob - not clipped but no winter coat yet. XXXtra-lite old style stable rug no neck with a medium no neck so we can try get a winter coat. Of in day.

4 degrees right now so :D

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
My native pony (yes native, from the new forest) who is fully clipped is currently wearing a combo fleece, no neck normal fleece and a h/w no neck stable rug. He is the perfect temperature and is happy/no sore muscles and works well. During the day he wears a h/w combo.

No two horses are the same. My friends cob x tb is sporting a full clip with just a 150g rug on day and night and feels exactly the same as my boy with his 3 rugs on.

Aces_High

Visit site
Brandishing an NBC suit for fear of nuclear attack! My TB is wearing a HW Rambo rug with a MW Horseware Combo on top and he's unclipped, He has a fleece and a very heavy duvet at the ready for really cold weather. Nigel is in a sheet, lightweight duvet and a HW Rhino Stable Plus. I must get a heavier liner for it this year - such a good system.

SO1

Visit site
Good doer new forest pony with bib and belly clip living out on good grazing with shelter - no rug

MillionDollar

Visit site
Welsh Cob (I say cob, but he is the most wimpiest cob ever), fully clipped (everything off), lives in 24/7 in winter....
Day- LW combo and MW combo
Night- as above with coolex with no neck on top, and leg wraps

When colder he'll have HW under rug instead of the LW combo.

HW Elderly Cob with hunter clip and young WB....
Day- MW with no neck and MW with half neck
Night- as above with MW T/O on top as goes out in sand paddock

Welsh D colt is naked 24/7
NF pony and NF x KWPN are both naked too as not clipped

JFTDWS

Visit site
Fanfare - Welsh cob with the tiniest bib clip ever, out at night, in during the day (coming in at night after this weekend) - No rug!

When I first read that I thought you were demanding a fanfare for having your horse naked :D

I have one naked, one unclipped in MW turnout, one fully clipped but growing back in LW liner and MW full neck turnout in the day, or liner + LW stable at night.

RainbowDash

Visit site
20ish Welsh D, no clip and out 24/7 in no-neck 200g rug.

Friends 23 yo cob fully clipped and in on box rest in a fleece and 30 yo part clipped and out 24/7 in full neck medium.

All vary so much xxx