What do you class as too hot

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Mine are little dogs and short coated, but it's been baking here all week so I've just been letting them out for wees in the garden during the day when needed, and letting them have a good romp around the garden if they wish to in the evening. They don't seem remotely bothered and it won't hurt them in the long term. One of them though is sulking as I usually take her to do the horses but it's too much hot concrete at the moment, so she's having to stay at home. She gives me dagger looks as I leave, she knows where I'm going ....

fiwen30

Visit site
Seeing the ‘regulars’ all out and about, at their usual times despite the punishing heat, has been really upsetting. God forbid they deviate from their daily schedule, or leave their poor, sorry dogs at home.

There’s a gorgeous pair of older golden labs who pass our shop each day in the early afternoon, usually with a spring in their steps. To see one of them trying gamely to keep up, while the other lags behinds and gets tugged along on the end of the lead, these past few days, same time as usual, has been heart breaking.

GSD Woman

Visit site
I'm skipping to the end but a lot of it depends on how acclimated the dog is to the weather. I did a quick C to F on Google and for a lot of those temps my dogs would never get outside. But when it gets hot and humid we don't do much. I'll take them out into the yard (garden) when it starts to cool down and we'll do chores and I'll kick the tennis ball. They have a nice wading pool and I rarely keep them out for more than 30-90 minutes, being very aware of how warm they're getting.

Moobli

Visit site
I saw two blokes on e-bikes going up the hill track behind my cottage yesterday in the hottest part of the day with an overweight yellow Lab limping along behind ?. Not too mention it was boiling hot and there’s no shade up there at all, they also had no lead and there are free roaming sheep everywhere.