what do you do when it's raining?

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I ride in light rain as long as it's not too windy. Nothing worse than wind AND rain. I used to ride in absolutely anything, but then I was young and fearless.

Natch

Visit site
I ride in everything bar dangerous conditions - which isn't that many since I can ride in forestry or farmland, and don't have to touch a road if I don't want to. I did have to laugh at my friend's "hardy" highland shivvering and looking generally like he'd stop at the nearest phone box and throw himself at the mercy of WHW at having to hack in the wind and rain last week, whilst I tootled along on a much thinner skinned specimen who was oblivious to it all :D

Anyway, rain's nothing. Was most suprised yesterday at being caught out in Hail! HAIL! In May! :eek:

Last edited:

Zero Cool

New User
Visit site
I ride!
I share a horse and only ride once or twice a week so if i don't go out i may not ride at all for a week.

I always find that as long as you are wearing the right clothes than it's never as miserable as you think it is going to be.
Chuck on a good jacket, long waterproof chaps, gloves and kit your horse out with an exercise sheet if they are a bit of a softie and good company always helps!

and to quote Toggi on facebook today " There is no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes!"