What do you hate that everyone else loves?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Brightly coloured showjumping jackets, especially with matching stirrups.
The "beauty" industry which has persuaded a whole generation of young women that they need thick brown makeup, false eyelashes like caterpillars and drawn-on eyebrows in order to be attractive. And the young men who are so superficial they can't see through the painted on faces to the true beauty underneath.
Gosh that's shown my age hasn't it!

Oh yes the beauty industry I agree and I'm 28.

And those god awful lip fillers women keep getting that means they can't speak properly and look ridiculous at the same time, who knows what will be the side affects in a few years time. Shows that promote only the perfect image how about having love island with normal people? Reality toot such as towie made in wherever etc etc

X factor it is time for it to die

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
hmm, not sure about crossbows as a weapon but if you really want one I'll let you. As long as I can have a curved sword and Scythian bow. and some throwing axes. and Legolas knives. and a catapult.

I'll take a spontoon, a halbard or a lucerne hammer, any day, over a curved sword!

Yeah, I'm a foot-soldier; I've not had any training in horseback combat, yet. I keep putting in the applications at work, but they're never approved.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Oh and the drawn on eyebrows!

Children's beauty pageants, was watching a show on it my word 5 year olds being fake tanned and plastered in make up, fortunately it's mainly America it's big rather than here though surprised all the made in Chelsea/ towie types haven't introduced it here!

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
You're arming yourself somewhat... comprehensively... What are you expecting?!

well if it doesn't come March 30th, it'll come later:D

I watched too much GoT and LoTR over Christmas. There's this brilliant stunt the Dothraki riders do in GoT in the last season whereby they squat/kneel on the saddle and fire arrows. no point to it whatsoever but blinking briliiant-and they have curved swords (I guess curved swords give you more of a cutting edge at speed?)

JFTDWS

Visit site
well if it doesn't come March 30th, it'll come later:D

I watched too much GoT and LoTR over Christmas. There's this brilliant stunt the Dothraki riders do in GoT in the last season whereby they squat/kneel on the saddle and fire arrows. no point to it whatsoever but blinking briliiant-and they have curved swords (I guess curved swords give you more of a cutting edge at speed?)

I keep eyeing up smallholdings north of the border I can flee to, in the hope of independence and Sc-re-entry :p

I haven't seen GoT (I had an existential crisis during the first book and left it in the hope of keeping my sanity intact!) but I do enjoy an LOTR battle scene... Curved swords are a bit too orcish there.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I keep eyeing up smallholdings north of the border I can flee to, in the hope of independence and Sc-re-entry :p

I haven't seen GoT (I had an existential crisis during the first book and left it in the hope of keeping my sanity intact!) but I do enjoy an LOTR battle scene... Curved swords are a bit too orcish there.

I think you would like the Dothraki :D but yes, they are known as the books of pain for good reason.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I think you would like the Dothraki :D but yes, they are known as the books of pain for good reason.

I probably would. I should watch it some time, but it seems like a lot of effort :p

It wasn't pain, exactly. I was mid-PhD, and I had a proper existential crisis of "why the heck am I reading this, what is the point, I'm supposed to be achieving something with my life and instead I'm reading this madness, is this really what my life has become" sort of rationale... It was very much a "wrong time wrong place" book, and now I can't find the copy I had, but refuse to buy a new one because I refuse to own two copies of a book I never even finished :p

Visit site
I probably would. I should watch it some time, but it seems like a lot of effort :p

It wasn't pain, exactly. I was mid-PhD, and I had a proper existential crisis of "why the heck am I reading this, what is the point, I'm supposed to be achieving something with my life and instead I'm reading this madness, is this really what my life has become" sort of rationale... It was very much a "wrong time wrong place" book, and now I can't find the copy I had, but refuse to buy a new one because I refuse to own two copies of a book I never even finished :p

I tried reading the first GOT book on a plane to America where I had no escape. I gave up. I tried watching a few episodes - I started with one with Sean Bean in with the thought that it might get me interested. I ended up bailing and putting my Sharpe DVD's on instead. I just can't get into GOT! I don't like it when the tv/films over takes the books and dictates what should be written. Plus I am probably so far behind now that it would take forever and a day to catch up and I just dont have that sort of time in my life.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I tried reading the first GOT book on a plane to America where I had no escape. I gave up. I tried watching a few episodes - I started with one with Sean Bean in with the thought that it might get me interested. I ended up bailing and putting my Sharpe DVD's on instead. I just can't get into GOT! I don't like it when the tv/films over takes the books and dictates what should be written. Plus I am probably so far behind now that it would take forever and a day to catch up and I just dont have that sort of time in my life.

I can watch most things with Sean Bean in :p I love Sharpe :D

millikins

Visit site
Harking back to the OP, I truly dislike the gushing over the Budweiser clydesdales with their pitiful scraps of docked tails :(

Rowreach

👀
Visit site

I strongly dislike GoT because it has attracted far too many people to some of the most beautiful and remote and hitherto unspoilt locations, several of which are near here and I liked being the only one there when I visited :eek::(;)

Perhaps now is not the time to mention that my OH was the armourer who actually designed and made all the main cast weapons for GoT?

That does in fact make you both cooler on cool scale.