What do you hate that everyone else loves?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Oh and dresses. I am very much a Tom boy. I have a little black dress that is rolled out whenever I have to wear a dress. I hate tights but need to wear them due to my unattractive legs.

I'd like to wear a wedding dress that would be acceptable but isn't happening any time soon so no dresses!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I just feel its a sad way to judge someone else. I make typos, use the wrong word or autocorrect does it for me. I have to be meticulous at work, I am not proof reading everything I post.

But it's not really judge-y, is it? At least I don't point things out for that reason, more because I love language, and being able to express things clearly which is well nigh impossible if people don't understand their own tongue.

Littlebear

Visit site
Where do I start!
Pessoas - hate, but everyone seems to love
matchy matchy after too many years around dressage divas
friesians - everyone seems to like but just not my cup of tea at all
Fake sheepskin anything - rank material!
Fancy dressage high gloss riding boots - they squeak like your constantly cleaning windows!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I just feel its a sad way to judge someone else. I make typos, use the wrong word or autocorrect does it for me. I have to be meticulous at work, I am not proof reading everything I post.

Isn't this whole thread a list of slightly sad ways to judge people?
And speaking as someone who is phenomenally dyslexic and therefore is very familiar with being corrected, it is considered one of the most acceptable ways to judge people in polite society - so much so that it is my go to when I'm being an unreasonable back biting cow (i figure I've had my fair share so may as well give some back when someone is being a turd).

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
But it's not really judge-y, is it? At least I don't point things out for that reason, more because I love language, and being able to express things clearly which is well nigh impossible if people don't understand their own tongue.

Sure it's judgey. And you know that.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Sure it's judgey. And you know that.

No, seriously I don't. If by judging you mean thinking less of someone? I don't, but I really do have trouble understanding posts that aren't clearly expressed. Maybe it's because my family were all writers and big on correct usage.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Fancy dressage high gloss riding boots - they squeak like your constantly cleaning windows!
Mine are so glossy that it's like riding on a skating rink. Seriously, why would riding boots be made so slippery ? I've had to buy sticky spray to stop myself being pinged out of the saddle.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
No, seriously I don't. If by judging you mean thinking less of someone? I don't, but I really do have trouble understanding posts that aren't clearly expressed. Maybe it's because my family were all writers and big on correct usage.

So were mine. I struggle to understand the written word full stop - when I read text my brain translates it into colours and shapes like a kaleidoscope, and that's how it makes sense. The actual form of the words disappears between my eyes and brain. I can see mistakes but can rarely correct them without the use of technology.

GreyMane

Visit site
grammar nazis.

Yeah, I can be quite pedantic especially if I've not yet had me tonic wine and spongey finger.
I was a bit off topic anyhoo, to imply people "love" spelling/saying stuff a certain way.
I can't help noticing typos and stuff, it's a bit like a visual dripping tap. I've got many dyslexic friends and family members, among them some of the cleverest people I know, if that's not judging them. I totally get that the written word does not come naturally to all. Just as well... or we'd have been too busy drawing on the walls to get out of the cave and hunt the mammoths for dinner :)

I was mostly thinking of people on telly, who speak to the rest of us for a job. There was a male politician on the news who was on about "crating" more wealth, which was the first time I noticed that one. But his political stance probably had me riled even before he started speaking !

Sleipnir

Visit site
- Matchy matchy sets with bandages/leg protectors for horses who don't need them and owners, who don't really know how to bandage.
- Breeches with those sticky silicone seats - hate them, they just feel wrong and can damage a saddle.
- Bling EVERYWHERE. My gelding and myself both look like a couple of idiots in bling, and it's so hard to get simple, yet elegant tack around here, or even a plain black dressage whip without a horribly fake diamond on the handle.
- Specialized feeds for about anything and anyhorse. Most horses don't need them; most of these feeds are just a bunch of cheap fillers with molasses; they're ridiculously expensive and can be a reason for colic/unwanted hotness/allergies/etc.
- Individual turnout when group/herd turnout is accessible. Horses NEED socializing more than just over a fence and, at least in my experience, often individual turnout is chosen because of the ignorance of the owner regarding normal horse behaviors and herd dynamics. Of course, I'm not speaking of pathological and unique cases when a horse actually is a danger to himself and others, when turned out in a group, but those are exceptions.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
How about those awful teacakes with marshmallow and jam covered in chocolate?

Or even worse, the snowballs covered in dessicated coconut.

I seem to be stuck on food... Time to eat I think.

GreyMane

Visit site
Sorry, forgot the title of the thread & was on roll. Actually, there may be some people who love long finger/toe nails with a g- string & tongue piercings.
Trying so hard to avoid picturing that one.

"The Greatest Showman" - it's been such a hit but I didn't enjoy it - think I'm too old.
Did you see the carriage horses painted as zebras?:D
But can agree Hugh Jackman is verrry nice. Ahem.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
In the spirit of answering the original question despite being very late to the thread...

Charlotte and Valegro. Sorry, not sorry. 😂

I wanted to attach a picture of my hogged coblet 😂 for all you hogging haters but my picture attachment abilities seem to have vanished.

Visit site
How about those awful teacakes with marshmallow and jam covered in chocolate?

Or even worse, the snowballs covered in dessicated coconut.

I seem to be stuck on food... Time to eat I think.

They are VILE!!!!!!! Both of them! Blergh Blergh Blergh! But they are a Scottish delicacy! We even deep fry them ...

Furry pom poms on hat silks are my pet hate.

I hate them too! I also am not a fan of hat silks but I don't like riding with a plain skully dome! So I put a normal beanie hat on. I need to get round to changing mine - I still have my black Bah Humbug hat on!

Visit site
WHAAAT!
puke, puke, puke.

We deep fry anything and everything! Deep fried Pizza is actually quite good! Im not a fan of DF burgers, DF Mars Bars are EPIC!!! But basically you can walk into almost any chippy, pick a chocolate bar and get it battered and deep fried.

Deep fried Creme Eggs! I forgot about them! They really are the height of all dirtyness and naughtiness but oh sooooooooooooooo gooodness!!!