What do you hate that everyone else loves?

paddy555

Visit site
Agree and what about when they walk towards you and you have to dodge out of their way and they still don't see you.In Brighton they have signs on the pavement warning people to pay attention

it says something about human evolution when we have to have signs to warn people not to walk into things.

I have had many walk into my bike. They have ignored 3 rings of the bell and a shouted warning. I have stopped, they walk into my front wheel, raise their head slightly and mutter "sorry" step sideways, head back down onto the screen and they are on their way.

albeg

Visit site
it says something about human evolution when we have to have signs to warn people not to walk into things.

Sometimes those inanimate objects appear out of nowhere! 😂 Even if you're not looking at your phone. (not that I've ever been attacked by a concrete pillar...)

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
The phrase ‘to die for’ sets my teeth on edge and brings the urge to be very rude or punch something. I’ve banned my mother from using it when talking with me.

Ponders whether anyone dislikes the phrase ‘sets my teeth on edge’ ....

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
From a psychological point of view it is a power play ... especially in a sales or complaint situation... it’s why you feel uncomfortable - it’s making everything they say personal. Some people use it actively as such...

Really? But everyone says it, just as a conversation starter. It's just like saying 'what's the news on the street' or 'what's the gossip', combined with asking you how you are. Or at least that's how it's used round here.

CavaloBranco

Visit site
Maybe someone has beaten me to it but any horse advert that talks about excellent "confirmation" GAH!!!!!! No, that happens in church, the word you want is "CONFORMATION". Wish I had a tenner for each time I've read it!!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Velux windows!

They sound like a lovely idea don't they?

Except they are a terrible idea. Especially when it rains, when the sound of the rain hammering on the window is so loud you might as well put a conservatory roof on your bedroom and be done with it.

And when it snows the room is permanently dark.

Anyone want to swap for a nice pair of dormer windows?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Caroline Flack

People who block the pavements/ shopping aisles etc with their trolleys or while they stand gassing. Especially if I'm in a rush to get something done due to being on my lunch break/ having to get to the yard after. Yet they have all the time in the world.

Cyclists or riders who don't wear hi vis.

Twitter

People Putting what are apparently snap chat filters of animal ears on any picture they upload of themselves and any one in said photos onto a different form of social media e.g. Facebook. It looks really childish and silly.

The word selfie. People who put up selfie after selfie of themselves.

Last edited:

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Velux windows!

They sound like a lovely idea don't they?

Except they are a terrible idea. Especially when it rains, when the sound of the rain hammering on the window is so loud you might as well put a conservatory roof on your bedroom and be done with it.

And when it snows the room is permanently dark.

Anyone want to swap for a nice pair of dormer windows?

Done! Though the double glazing is blown in one of the windows of the dormer on offer ;)....I love a Velux, and the best part about them is the sound of the rain on them.