What do you hate that everyone else loves?

Visit site
Caroline Flack

People who block the pavements/ shopping aisles etc with their trolleys or while they stand gassing. Especially if I'm in a rush to get something done due to being on my lunch break/ having to get to the yard after. Yet they have all the time in the world.

Cyclists or riders who don't wear hi vis.

Twitter

People Putting what are apparently snap chat filters of animal ears on any picture they upload of themselves and any one in said photos onto a different form of social media e.g. Facebook. It looks really childish and silly.

The word selfie. People who put up selfie after selfie of themselves.

There is a girl at work who puts up basically the same picture every single day - it is so filtered you wouldn't know it was her if you put the pic next to her in real life!

As for selfie - the word was created by people who couldn't spell narcissist.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Fresians ! Huge apologies to those of you who own and love them but I truly think they look grotesque. Their necks look like they have been stuck onto their withers like a periscope on a submarine - every bit of their body looks out of proportion to each other...I could go on and on but suspect a possible lynching. But to add balance and perspective I dare say a lot of people would hate my taste in horses too ;)

Visit site
Fresians ! Huge apologies to those of you who own and love them but I truly think they look grotesque. Their necks look like they have been stuck onto their withers like a periscope on a submarine - every bit of their body looks out of proportion to each other...I could go on and on but suspect a possible lynching. But to add balance and perspective I dare say a lot of people would hate my taste in horses too ;)

See I dont mind them as driving horses but they look uncomfortable to ride.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site

They very often are....

I think actually a lot of Americanisms are old English 😬

Some of them are, (like "pitcher" for jug) but most americanisms are creeping in unobserved through the all-pervasive nature of american media and it makes me sad and annoyed in equal measure.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
They very often are....

Some of them are, (like "pitcher" for jug) but most americanisms are creeping in unobserved through the all-pervasive nature of american media and it makes me sad and annoyed in equal measure.

A lot of Americanisms look to me like Spanish grammar constructions polluting American English, then being adopted around the rest of the Anglosphere.

Mule

Visit site
It can be very difficult for them to learn to canter in balance. I'd imagine it's because their breeding emphases the trot.
It's strange they've gained popularity for dressage when other types find the discipline physically easier.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It can be very difficult for them to learn to canter in balance. I'd imagine it's because their breeding emphases the trot.
It's strange they've gained popularity for dressage when other types find the discipline physically easier.

I think it happened because Totilas is black and throws out his forelegs and has a high head carriage through training, and they are black and hold throw out their forelegs and have a high head carriage. The timing was right. Having said that, i like them, but I've never ridden one.

Mule

Visit site
I think it happened because Totilas is black and throws out his forelegs and has a high head carriage through training, and they are black and hold throw out their forelegs and have a high head carriage. The timing was right. Having said that, i like them, but I've never ridden one.
You may well be right.

blitznbobs

Visit site
I think actually a lot of Americanisms are old English 😬
Yes like truck ... but gotten is only in American English as a past participle of ‘get’ it can be used as an adjective in British English (eg Ill gotten gains) but is not a verb... my understanding is that this is where it was extracted from into American English parlance ... I personally hate it but language always evolves so I’m sure it will enter the Oxford dictionary soon.

Lyle

Visit site
The idiotic social media 'Challenges' that today's youth seem so proud of completing.

The revolting level of narcissim that is being fuelled by social media.

SOS

Visit site
From a few pages back in this thread... but undeclared Mayo in prepacked sandwiches makes me want to scream.

Untidy horses. Exception for retired oldies, but bog brush tails or straw in feathers urks me. Doesn’t benefit the horse at all to be smart, I just prefer it yet majority seems to hate it.

Endless posts on social media’s of people’s ‘fur babies’ which are poor quality/mundane. Twenty pictures of your horse eating hay in the field everyday is too much.

Fiat 500s... why would you want to drive a oversized toy car?

Finally..I hope this comes across right.
The idea that being on this earth longer makes you more knowledgable. On a whole it is true. But mainly at work it bothers me when people use the ‘I have had/done/not done blah blah for 40+ years and been fine’, whilst giving me a look as I have clearly not even been alive that long let alone been doing said practice. It can be quite offensive when you have studied for years, keep up to date on evidence based practice and seen first hand the consequences of it going wrong. But sure... your experience with a handful of the millions of pets means you are right.

:oops: