what do you sing to your horse? happy post!!!

Shady

Visit site
and don't tell me you don't ! because when i started the' what would your horse be if they were human' post your answers showed a depth of weirdness that had me laughing my head off and wondering if i was missing out on some special horsey drug that you are all privy to! closet gays ,bingers , tweed and georgian houses, bl**dy priceless !! so come on, share what you warble to your poor horses ,for myself i do a very bad Mr Sand Man but iv'e changed it to mr shadrags and Dancing cheek to cheek. i have no idea why but there you have it, OP's gets Casey Jones and the the dog gets scooby doo, when i do pooh patrol i sing'' scooby dooby do, find the pooh, youv'e got some work to do now( he eats it!)
ps black beauty, white horses, folly foot are NOT allowed!!!!!

MarniL

Visit site
Usually any of the numerous showtunes that end up stuck in my head. Katie puts up with it without complaint, so it can't be that bad. My go-to song when I need to relax is Breathe Easy by Rachel Sermanni. There's been many a time when I've started singing it on hacks.

Ella19

Visit site
"I went to the animal fair" is one of my favourites and great for desenstising the babies to noises on their back!

Current favourite but a bit early is jingle bells. Its suits her trot so well :)

Princess Rosie

Visit site
I'm afraid I sing scooby doo to the big man as he attempts a scooby doo leap into your arms when spooked. I also sing rosemary clooney (think it's something about mambo?) and change the words to mummy loves Rosie.... And a song from calamity jane "and it's Harry I'm going to marry" (can't remember the name of the song, to my miniature horse x. :)

My Muppet

Visit site
My lad has very delicate little ears and little tolerance, I'm sure if I "sung" he would have me off and bog off to the hills before I could "Jingle my bells".

Madali

Visit site
Don't ask me why. Brown girl in the ring by Boney M. I have recently started with Gary Glitter, I'm the leader of the pack as well.
What is more weird though is the girls I ride with are now singing it as well.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I did not realise I did until I got a head cam, and videoed a 2 hour ride. I sang, I spoke, I asked questions and I even answered them in a Jay voice. Some outtakes are even on a video on youtube. The conversation I did not put on film though was the conversation where I was commentating on my riding abilities, and questioning Jay as to whether I was riding like a slack bag of K***kers or like a bag of slack kn***ers!

The answer seemed obvious when I got home and saw the video, but at a time of high tension it seemed that my mind and voice were all over!

DTV

Visit site
Horse with no name by America.He nods his head in time as we walk along.Change the chorus to 'ive been through Trewidland on a horse with no mane' sometimes,lol.

chocolategirl

Visit site
You are my sunshine! I used to sing this to my dear departed boy all the time as he was palomino so in more ways than one it was very apt. I had 23 almost entirely blissful years with him. Best horse ever. Love all my current ones to pieces but if I do sing it's usually just to myself really.

lhotse

Visit site
I often sing to my horse, and it keeps me happy too! Sometimes it's the Follyfoot tune, others it's the song from The White Horses but more often it's a Levellers song as they are my favourite band!
This morning started with What A Beautiful Day followed by this lovely song..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQiqxl1-7gI
On such a beautiful morning, with the sun lighting up the mist and deer in the fields, both seemed appropriate and the horse seemed to enjoy my singing.

Not sure the locals agreed.....

Sologirl

Visit site
You are My Sunshine
The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo (!)
On the Sunny Side of the Street

And anything else that's stuck in my head! LOL