What do you Tow with ?

alainax

Visit site
Jeep Grand Cherokee. Absolutely love it. Had it 5 years and never missed a beat. Tows heavy loads with ease. Had a BMW X3 for a short while prior, it was rubbish and seriously struggled.

nato

Visit site
Just bought a Hyundai ix35 for my one horse and IW505.

Prior to this had a Kia Sorento 2.5tdi.

Love them both :)

rara007

Visit site
landrover 110. Ideal for.... having the turning circle that's 2x that of the average HGV and pretending to be a tractor. Nightmare for smooth gear changes, long distances, general manoeuvrability. It's my dads toy really so I can't complain! Much preferred the 90. I have towed up to 'full up' 3.5 tonnes (big stabling trailer) but now I only have a 506 and ponies up to 600kg! You do know you'll never be stuck and can cruise out past tractors pulling lorries at least.

Trules

Visit site
land rover freelander. it is excellent.
I would like to get a 3.5t lorry, but I would be too sad to see the freeelander go, it is a towing superstar!

fabbydo

Visit site
Ssangyong Korando. It's no Land Rover but a good compromise between a towing car and an everyday car. Great spec, great 5 year warranty, great customer service (so definitely not a Land Rover!).

{97702}

Visit site
In the past I have towed with a Landrover 90, Landrover 110 and (whispers!) a Vauxhall Frontera SWB 2.8 diesel..... the Frontera was the best towing vehicle!!!! You probably can't get them nowadays...

dizzyneddy

Visit site
We tow with either of our 4x4s my petrol gobbling v8 range rover but not complain as it tows beautiful over any terrain or my hubby's more economical isuzu trooper that's gone through muddy show ground and not got stuck like many other 4x4s. Still prefer my range rover as it's more fun to drive and is way better than our old freelander as it's engine was punny 😊

Shazzababs

Visit site
Kia Sportage (the heavy duty model, tows 2 tonnes).

I have been very impressed with it so far. Will have to upgrade to something beefier when the son rides well enough for me to need to take 2 out at once.

Darbs

Visit site
This...

Its absolutely first class. Boot is like a van and the split tailgate is really useful, super comfortable to drive and never seems to get phased by anything. Fuel consumption isn't great but my wife has a 2 litre diesel Evoque and there is only 6 to 8 mpg difference between them.

dornrose

Visit site
I currently tow with a Nissan Pathfinder, but have also towed with a Nissan Terrano 3l and a Ford Maverick 2.8 my favourite is the Pathfinder.