What do your 14.2hh cob types weigh?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
my 14.2 welsh D is 500kg on the dot. She's competing advanced dressage and is fit as a fiddle.

(eta. I didn't think she'd be that much as my 15hh partbred was the same. but she's been weighed at the vets and by feed companies and always comes out the same).

Last edited:

Cowpony

Visit site
My Welsh x KWPN was 470kg at her fattest. Haven't been to the vets since so no weighbridge available, but she's pretty slim now so I'd say 420ish.

hellfire

Visit site
Dakota Welsh cob 14.2 is 470kg and spot on body condition score. Sparky is 14hh Fell X Welsh and 462kg and slightly over weight at the moment. Has IR and not as much work over winter due to weather and short days. Go on body conditioning more than actual weight but they get weighed once a month in our cattle crush 😂. Weight tapes not too far off.

chaps89

Visit site
14.2 cob x, at her heaviest 510kg (after a period turned away in the field for lameness issues), her lightest 420kg (which resulted in ulcers - I'd taken her diet too far :( )
Last March at her vaccs she weighed 469kg, this March she weighed in at 442kg and is about spot on perfect.
(All these weights are on a weighbridge - it's not much extra for my vet to bring it out when they come for the annual visit so I think it's well worth doing as we go into spring)

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
14.3 cob is 430kg on the weight tape which I realize is probably a bit off but sadly no access to a weighbridge to check. She's a perfect weight now for spring, ribs easily felt and still nice and muscled up.

holeymoley

Visit site
14hh with 8inch bone weighed 474kg yesterday. Currently on box rest but has lost weight. Weight tape says 366kg but only use that as a gauge anything obvious. Crazy how’s off they can be.

Petalpoos

Visit site
408kg on the weigh tape. She was 520kg on the tape 3 years ago and got laminitis :( so now I do not let her go above 408, and she looks pretty good at that weight.

SEL

Visit site
OMG!!!
That is what my 17.1hh Welsh x TB weighs and he is a chunky stamp!!!!!

Excuse for a photo (he'll be about 100kg lighter after all that hair comes off). About 14.3 high and the same width I think. He's not fat at all and is retired so we can't do down the route of saying the weight comes from muscle - must be that bone! Interestingly the tape was not far off the weighbridge. (M waves hello at his fans ;))

What's more worrying is my Appy who is around 15.1 was 580kg on the tape and 620kg on the weighbridge. That was when she was in full work and didn't look fat at all - she's been out of work for 5 months now and is on weight watchers. She has nowhere near the bone of this boy but is probably weighing nearly the same. I think she must have rocks in her stomach!!
Big M.jpg

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Wow, your welsh must be chunky. My 15.2 welsh D was 498kg at his fittest. At his fittest, my 14.2 cob was 420kg on the scales. Right now I'd guess about 450kg, hes pretty fit but back then when he was lighter as he was just muscle. He had such a nice toned belly!

{138171}

Visit site
Excuse for a photo (he'll be about 100kg lighter after all that hair comes off). About 14.3 high and the same width I think. He's not fat at all and is retired so we can't do down the route of saying the weight comes from muscle - must be that bone! Interestingly the tape was not far off the weighbridge. (M waves hello at his fans ;))

What's more worrying is my Appy who is around 15.1 was 580kg on the tape and 620kg on the weighbridge. That was when she was in full work and didn't look fat at all - she's been out of work for 5 months now and is on weight watchers. She has nowhere near the bone of this boy but is probably weighing nearly the same. I think she must have rocks in her stomach!!
View attachment 30774
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Im in love 😍😍😍😣😣😣

Reactions: SEL

{138171}

Visit site
IMG-20190328-162628.jpg

This is her

hellfire

Visit site
My friends new vet would have a fit reading this. Think no pony of 14.2 (doesn't take bone into consideration) should weigh more than 450kg. He weighed hers with a tape going over the bloody withers may I add at 600kg and had a go at her 😂. Needed less to say go on body scoring more than tapes. There is more of a trend admittedly to fatter horses these days which can be just as dangrous as underweight. It's a hard job keeping natives weights down as designed to live of thin air! I feel positively neglectful at times the hay I ration to my 4.