What does it feel like to be perfect?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I am just curious because I have never been perfect but there seems to be more perfect horse owners and riders here than anywhere else so thought I would ask as I can only dream of coming close to such wise management and glorious demonstrations of harmony and knowledge.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Well, one is so used to it now that it just seems, normal:D

I used to be a little arrogant, but I like to think I'm over that.

LA&Murph

Visit site
Whatever you do, someone will always object to it. How strongly the objection is depends on how right the objector thinks they are (if that even makes sense!).

I am more than willing to help/give advice etc but more often than not it is based on my personal experience, but will tell them that as I know it doesn't suit every horse/rider/regime. But then I'm wrong of course because someone else doesn't think I'm doing it right despite the fact it works for me.

There's always the chance it'll work for someone else too, having a different opinion doesn't always mean it's a wrong one. Sigh.

LEC

www.youtube.com
There is a particular kind of smugness in a lot of posts that always cheers me up.

Well meaning advice I have absolutely no issue with, its the hysterical or condescending that I have an issue with.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Depends what your idea of perfect is.
I am in awe of people who turn up looking coordinated and immaculate and the mud never even clings to the soles of their boots. Hair remains as beautiful after riding as it was before. They don't sweat, never smell of horse pee and mucking out takes 2 minutes before they whizz the clippers around their beautifully shiny horses, fetch a fresh saddlepad with matchy bandages, polish hooves and then gracefully canter little rocking horse loops in the menage before magically untacking, rugging and turning out in 30 seconds.
They then slide, still mudfree, into their perfectly valeted car, smile and wave farewell to me, who is wearing a casual dragged-through-a-hedge-backwards look, while leading a horse with a loud wind problem.

I want to be a perfect person. Not for long though, it doesn't seem like much fun.

LA&Murph

Visit site
There is a particular kind of smugness in a lot of posts that always cheers me up.

Well meaning advice I have absolutely no issue with, its the hysterical or condescending that I have an issue with.

So true. I think what I meant to say was that the condescending reply that's often seen to a well meaning bit of advice is mostly unneccessary as it obviously works for someone, I wish they'd stop being so blo0dy rude just because they disagree.

This applies to RL as well as forums though.

LA&Murph

Visit site
I am in awe of people who turn up looking coordinated and immaculate and the mud never even clings to the soles of their boots. Hair remains as beautiful after riding as it was before. They don't sweat, never smell of horse pee and mucking out takes 2 minutes before they whizz the clippers around their beautifully shiny horses, fetch a fresh saddlepad with matchy bandages, polish hooves and then gracefully canter little rocking horse loops in the menage before magically untacking, rugging and turning out in 30 seconds.
They then slide, still mudfree, into their perfectly valeted car, smile and wave farewell to me, who is wearing a casual dragged-through-a-hedge-backwards look, while leading a horse with a loud wind problem.
QUOTE]

Haha there's a girl at my yard like this! I have no idea how she does it. None. Personally I feel a bit of mud adds character to a horsey person's style!

LEC

www.youtube.com
I am always in awe of those who look perfect generally - I came to the conclusion you needed either money or inclination!

glamourpuss

Visit site
I can't hear anyone who disagrees with me or doesn't think I'm perfect......because I can't hear them over the sound of my own awesomeness!

BBH

Visit site
I am just curious because I have never been perfect but there seems to be more perfect horse owners and riders here than anywhere else so thought I would ask as I can only dream of coming close to such wise management and glorious demonstrations of harmony and knowledge.

What does it feel like to be perfect?

Its not bad actually :D

sarahann1

Visit site

No idea, but if you find out the secret can you let me know?!

I merely lurch from day to day hoping both I and my horses come out of it intact :D

One day I'll find the secret to not leaving the yard stinking and covered in mud. I honestly have no idea how those girls manage it, we have more than one at the yard, always well turned out, meanwhile I look like a manky reject from the Raggy Dolls.

Burmilla

Visit site

I want to be a perfect person. Not for long though, it doesn't seem like much fun.

We have someone like this at our yard: she also has the perfect husband, who she has trained into the perfect travelling groom, when she takes perfect horse, in perfect trailer driven by her in perfect 4x4 to some exquisite event! Unusually, she is really lovely, puts loads of work into her originally not perfect horse, and is a much liked member of our yard! Maddening, isn't it!

Pale Rider

Visit site

Like.:)

LA&Murph

Visit site
We have someone like this at our yard: she also has the perfect husband, who she has trained into the perfect travelling groom, when she takes perfect horse, in perfect trailer driven by her in perfect 4x4 to some exquisite event! Unusually, she is really lovely, puts loads of work into her originally not perfect horse, and is a much liked member of our yard! Maddening, isn't it!

We do need a 'like' button on here! Yup, ours is the same. Would help you out with anything too. As long as you do it while she lets you know so it's you getting dirty ;)

putasocinit

Visit site
I do my best to make sure all my horses needs are catered for, forgetting myself most of the time, cleaning up after myself and fixing if something can be fixed, some folks pass silly comments of being "miss perfect", which i ignore because i am by no means perfect, i just do my best.

mcnaughty

Visit site

LOL - excellent - This morning I managed to fall down the muckheap ramp and hurt every part of my body and land in a pool of liquid *****!

KSR

Visit site
I would imagine it to be very boring..

No room for improvement, no up or down, nothing to aim for, just stagnating samey perfection