What does your dog love?

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I came in to 'Ivy's room' aka spare room/office this morning to find her toy basket and her various toys strewn across the room because once again she's gone on a mission to get her absolute favourite toy of... an empty, clean marrow bone. The marrow and all the gunk off the outside of it is long gone but she loves this more than any other toy in that basket. She gets all bouncy and snorty about it, joyfully pounces on it like it's live prey, and then gently mouths it for a bit as there's nothing to really chew.

Other great loves of hers are garden centres (she never pulls on her lead but turns into a sled-dog for a garden centre), my mum, and running at people at speed with a last-second dodge (one of the main reasons we do off-lead in controlled settings only!)

What does your dog really love?

HopOnTrot

Visit site
My older dog has a favourite child! He regularly curls up with my daughter but won’t go in my son’s room unless he’s poorly.

Both dogs love the wood burner, they lie in front of it until they cook and then have to lie down like frog dogs on the floor to cool down 🤣

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Cecil loves his little rubbery hollow balls, he is a toy wrecker and these are flimsy cheap little things but they are his absolute favourite and he never breaks them.
Luckily thanks to hho I have a few In stock because I was unable to find them when one got labradored

Bert, loves a squeak, particularly a really irritating loud one!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Winnie loves

Filled marrowbones
Getting under a blanket
Laying infront of the heater or aga
On the sofa with me
Chasing and killing mice

Mavis loves

Laying with me on the sofa
Any kind of treats or chews she goes mad for them
Barking at animals on TV
Eating the mice than winnie kills and drops on the floor 🤣 🤢

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Dora loves:
Her pet cat Ed, her bestest pet in the world.
A very tired old part shredded small tennis ball she found in the garden soon after she arrived.
Ditto to the aged old marrow bone, been sitting in a flower bed for at least 6 years!
A huge stuffed Guinea pig which is hauled into bed every night.
Me, my DH, the car, the office, the yard, the common

She loves life.... at just over 5 months she is full of joy de vivre!

BigRedDog

Visit site
My last Lurcher had a favourite beer can.
We used to go for about 3 walks a week in a huge wood, I would park in different places outside so the walk was different. But everytime at some point she would find the same squashed beer can, she was overjoyed when she found it and would run around and throw it for herself. She would carry it for a while, eventually would get bored and drop it. Only to be reunited with it to great joy on our next outing. I tried giving her empty cans at home but none were as exciting as The Beer Can!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I thought it went without saying/didn't want to admit she loves my OH more than she loves me 😏
Mmm, I’m wondering this about Cecil the traitor. He’s spending rather too long sat with Mr P these days 🤬
Although I do love the fact they love each other now because he was a very definite me in secret purchase so glad it’s worked out so well 😂

poiuytrewq

Visit site
A 5am cuddle on the bed complete with several minutes dithering about which blanket to get under.
Polishing my ankles after his dinner- it’s his thing and we don’t judge 😂
I’m so jealous. I had a lie in this morning. Literally the first ever in years Mr p fed and let out the dogs (disasterously) and I lay hoping that Cec would break through the stair barrier and arrive in my bed for cuddles! 🥰
He didn’t.

*our dogs are not allowed in the bed or even really upstairs

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Same here. Especially if it's something with multiple squeakers so she can get two or three in her mouth at once!

But they have to be soft and fluffy, she won't play with anything else.
Bert loves the animal shape ones that make an oink nose. I got him the cow variety last week. Just for a break from the pig noise. Sadly it’s the same but louder. He’s happy though

paisley

Visit site
I’m so jealous. I had a lie in this morning. Literally the first ever in years Mr p fed and let out the dogs (disasterously) and I lay hoping that Cec would break through the stair barrier and arrive in my bed for cuddles! 🥰
He didn’t.

*our dogs are not allowed in the bed or even really upstairs
He does it every morning and it is very special given his age and health. Although I have to lift his blanket (not allowed on people duvet/under covers) and mumble ‘up’ before he gets up for the cuddle.
He is surprisingly snuggly for a bony pointy dog 😘

scats

Visit site
Lily-Rose loves her bumble bee.

JD loves grubby pig, ginger fairy, Doris and Little D- her favourite toys from when she was younger.

Bess loves her baby, which was actually Lily-Rose’s puppy toy- a teddy on a teething ring. She hides it behind cushions. She also loves the cats green cat nip toy. Basically anything she knows belongs to someone else, she steals 😂