What fictional horse did you want to own?

debsg

Visit site
She was a chestnut arab mare, doesn't that explain? :p :D She was 'rescued' from being a 'killer horse' in a circus, and although she got better with schooling, she was still rather 'hot' :)
Gulp! Just remembered, new horsey is chestnut mare, but Anglo with smidge of Welsh.
Nah, she's a good girl! Must be the exception. I hope :eek: :D

The mad TB

Visit site
Sham/The Godolphin Arabian from King of the Wind (he was real, so I'm not sure it counts?
Flika
Black Boy
Orbit from 'Horse in the house'
Any of the ones from hillocks riding school in 'Wish for a pony'
Any of the chdrens ponies from 'Ride-by-night'

Sweetbriar from flambards because it started my love for hunting!

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Bramble the highland from the jinny books! Shantith of course, but i always had a soft spot for the grumpy old bramble:D

Loved Rapide and black boy, and i always always cried in the neverending story when Artax dies :( sob...

Vindaloo

Visit site
Pegasus would do me along with a herd of unicorn mares he could breed with. I think a flying unicorn would be just the thing.

Hacking on roads would be a thing of the past and his potty breaks could be quite hilarious.

V.

Oddjob's Wife

Visit site
I'm certainly old enough, Shysmum, and do have a vague recollection, though it's a bit fuzzy.

Black Beauty, Shadowfax (for my OH), Champion, Trigger, Clown (from Pullen-Thompson books), the January Queen, but most of all the one Antonio Banderas teamed up with in Zorro (not sure we ever knew the name!)

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Shantih, I now have my own nut-job chestnut mare not arab though :D

Fly-by-night, he gave me hope that.hopeless girls could tame wild ponies!

Black boy, he was so nice & obliging

Black Beauty, Ginger & Merrylegs :D a friend was most excited on meeting my little foal, who is a perfect Black Beauty foal (big white star & ne white back hoof) & chestnut mare, stood near by doing a good ginger impression, just need Merrylegs ;)

Toffee44

Visit site
Ginger from Black Beauty (unfortunately Samba reminds me of her, has her gob as well, we all know Samba is on the yard/ on a hack/ in the trailer!!) Be careful what you wish for.

I also wanted Boxer from Animal Farm.

Oh and of course Shadowfax although after I convinced myself he was probably a PRE I decided it wouldn't be a good idea (seriously Had this conversation at primary school witha few friends).

Fools Motto

Visit site
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
Black Beauty
Flicka
Thunderhead - don't know why, he wasn't a colour I liked!
Arizona Pie
And I loved the name/story of Rosina Copper, a story by Kitty Barnes?

AprilBlossom

Visit site
There was a series - was it called Star Riders? - or something, I remember the first book came free with my horse and pony magazine and Barney was the main horse, a naughty dun pony who, after a couple of lessons with a man in a wheelchair became really good. I wanted him.

JavaJaneW

Visit site
Phantom horse - we had our own Phantom very much like him.
Adonis from Prince Among Ponies book (Pullein Thompson?)
Snow Cloud Stallion
and Ginger, poor Ginger :)

whizzer

Visit site
Another Daybreak fan. Also I always liked the sound of Rapide,Fly-By-Night & Toad. There was a pony in a Pullein Thompson book called Fireworks who sounded crazy but fun! Also Bramble from Jinny.

pootleperkin

Visit site
Snow cloud stallion - I had this book! I seem to remember the story wasn't that hot, but I really wanted a horse that looked like the one on the cover

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cloud-Stall...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340742895&sr=1-1

Loved Shantih - I thought the feel throughout those books was amazing - the whole celtic Epona vibe - really haunting.

Most of all, I wanted Thowra or the Black :) I still defy anyone to recommend a more beautiful or lyrical film than Ford-Coppola's depiction of the Black Stallion :)

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Snow cloud stallion - I had this book! I seem to remember the story wasn't that hot, but I really wanted a horse that looked like the one on the cover

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cloud-Stall...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340742895&sr=1-1

Loved Shantih - I thought the feel throughout those books was amazing - the whole celtic Epona vibe - really haunting.

Most of all, I wanted Thowra or the Black :) I still defy anyone to recommend a more beautiful or lyrical film than Ford-Coppola's depiction of the Black Stallion :)

I've still got this book with the same cover!

And I agree about the Black Stallion :)

milo'n'molly

Visit site
Toby (i think) the Dun from the riders series by Samantha Alexander

Joey from War Horse esp if he looked like the horse who played him in the film.

omg I read that, yes

Also shadowfax and I like the idea of the black even though not keen on Arabs.
And flicker.
I like horses from books but sorry never really fancied a cartoon horse. I think I remember a book about shire horses (giant something by Joyce stranger?) and quite fancied having shire horses in the orchard

indie999

Visit site
Still Black Beauty! I have the book someone bought me as a child on my shelf! Christmas present I must have read it a few times!!