What happens to our horses if there is a WW3?

GSD Woman

Visit site
Between my employment situation, far right wing wacko neighbor who tries to provoke (she's usually drunk when she does that)me and the war, I've been stress eating like crazy. I would eat my cat. I hope I wouldn't eat my dogs. Maybe I'll kill and eat my neighbor.

Of course if the bombs end up flying I've accepted my fate. I hope it is quick and that my family and I don't linger and suffer.

maggiestar

Visit site
Between my employment situation, far right wing wacko neighbor who tries to provoke (she's usually drunk when she does that)me and the war, I've been stress eating like crazy. I would eat my cat. I hope I wouldn't eat my dogs. Maybe I'll kill and eat my neighbor.

Of course if the bombs end up flying I've accepted my fate. I hope it is quick and that my family and I don't linger and suffer.
Oh god, I feel weird/guilty because my employer offered me an interesting role today and I turned it down due to internal politics. I think I've realised I want more time to eat cheese and drink wine. I'm seriously thinking of getting a narrow boat and living on the waters in my old age

SEL

Visit site
Having experienced the warning siren going off at 2am, I can tell you that you will do absolutely nothing except say ++++ it !
( they said it was a test but I reckoned someone got their am and pm mixed up)
I grew up on military bases - it definitely wakes you up and as a child my language skills were expanded considerably as my dad donned his flying gear at speed before disappearing for days.

But I always knew it was an exercise

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
Eating large animals will be a village affair otherwise the meat will go off and go to waste, smaller stock such as sheep will not go as far. I would expect others to provide the vegetables.

Those with fat animals can make candles and such from the blubber.

I have worked out the order for using my sheep and my neighbours have done the same for their cattle. We are very meat heavy down our lane, only one person really into growing her veg. I am sure that between us we can pursuade at least one of the beef cows to let us milk her.

I suspect numbers of people would go up as relatives from cities moved in with various households.

Archangel

Visit site
am I the only one hoping that at least 1 countries secret service has a way in to get rid of Putin??

Hell yes, I am hoping even now there is a shadowy figure creeping along the corridor towards Putin and his military advisors or the kindly looking old lady delivering their afternoon tea is in fact armed to the teeth and carrying ricin.

Fransurrey

Visit site
sitting here wondering if I could actually cull my cockerels to eat…. Ok I think I’m going to die.
might manage to go fishing. Probably feed the fish to the cats before me though ??‍♀️
I've had to dispatch a few chickens, now, so wouldn't feel too badly about getting some dual purpose breeds. We used to keep light Sussex, but I reckon a buff Orpington would feed us for a while!! We already have an incubator somewhere, so I could start hatching what I've got, but my cockerel is a little pekin, so the offspring would be Lohmann's pekin crosses (not very big!).

Peglo

Visit site
I've had to dispatch a few chickens, now, so wouldn't feel too badly about getting some dual purpose breeds. We used to keep light Sussex, but I reckon a buff Orpington would feed us for a while!! We already have an incubator somewhere, so I could start hatching what I've got, but my cockerel is a little pekin, so the offspring would be Lohmann's pekin crosses (not very big!).

My dad had buff Orpington’s. They were beautiful and very friendly. I would love some. But definitely couldn’t eat them ? I’m such a useless human

Karran

Visit site
I live very close to the Blue Cross Pet Cemetery. During WW2 it was kennels for pets who's owners were away to fight and has many gravestones dedicated to pets. Even as a child, it broke my heart for those making those impossible situations back then and I can hardly believe that people are in this day and age making the same decisions! My dogs would be PTS. They are both too neurotic to cope with kennel life, but as I'm only a few miles from central London, I'd hope that we'd either go out instantly on a favourite walk or cuddling on the sofa oblivious to anything impending.

https://sites.google.com/view/old-blue-cross-pet-cemetery/home
petcem2.jpgpetcem3.jpg
pet cem1.jpg

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
The thing I personally am struggling with through all of this is the sheer hypocrisy of so many people I know or have seen on Facebook.
They were spitting feathers over Afghan and Syrian refugees coming here but now, because this feels so much closer to home, they have their arms open wide with "poor Ukrainians" all over their fb pages. It disgusts me. From my moral standing, a life is a life and I find it incomprehensible to view people fleeing from war torn countries as inconvenient and unwanted at the best of times....but this just royally takes the piss..!!!

TwyfordM

Visit site
I don't think a lot of us in the SE would have to worry about it as we'd be gone in a flash and so would our horses. Probably actually better to go in the first blast than live with the consequences.

This ^
The scarily large dead on impact covers stables and my home, stretches just past work on the map ... I think that’s for the best though.

lynz88

Visit site
I was strangely thinking about this and tbh I would put down if the time permits. Much more humane. I can't bear the thought of him suffering some other horrible death (he's pretty useless anyways but he's my boy....). Otherwise I hope death upon blast. I can flee across the pond (who wants to attack Canada) if it isnt nuclear (frankly i would rather die in the blast than survive somehow and suffer radiation and famine) but much harder with a horse

Karran

Visit site
Saw a Facebook post last night from a Ukrainan lady who has turned her horses loose to hope for the best. Did bring tears to the eyes!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Saw a Facebook post last night from a Ukrainan lady who has turned her horses loose to hope for the best. Did bring tears to the eyes!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Helping me to hate Putin even more than I thought possible. I hope he is tortured horribly and dies miserably. Who the HELL does he think he is?

I'm Dun

Visit site
Oh god, I feel weird/guilty because my employer offered me an interesting role today and I turned it down due to internal politics. I think I've realised I want more time to eat cheese and drink wine. I'm seriously thinking of getting a narrow boat and living on the waters in my old age

Do it! I did and absolutely zero regrets :D

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
He's decided to abuse it. What kind of man causes so much suffering, even to his own citizens? There is something very wrong with him.
In the sense that anyone who deliberatly starts a war is a wrong'un, yes. But there is also the case of history repeating itself, and surely if humans were serious about just getting along then all armies and weapons would be banned. We're a nasty belligerant species; always have been.

maggiestar

Visit site
In the sense that anyone who deliberatly starts a war is a wrong'un, yes. But there is also the case of history repeating itself, and surely if humans were serious about just getting along then all armies and weapons would be banned. We're a nasty belligerant species; always have been.
Yes, it's human nature to fight over territory. We're a tribal species and we don't always get along with the neighbours. Most of us realise that we need a strong legal framework to keep ourselves and each other in check. (Like NATO). Putin sees himself as above all that. He doesn't feel the need enter into any kind of equal partnership because he basically despises us. We're just useful idiots if anything. I'm not going to try and diagnose what's wrong with him from my armchair but he's certainly a dangerous character.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
We used to farm on a hill overlooking Rugby Radio Station which dealt with all the satellite communications so would have been a prime target in the event of a nuclear war. Quite comforting really knowing that you would be taken out with it and have nothing more to worry about. I remember a friend saying that if the warning went off while they were lambing she would go back to bed.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
The bottom line is that this would be a nuclear war, and would obliterate all of us. I have great fear, am very scared. There is NO CHANCE of horses being called up for war ! It's all by red button now. ? Nothing, including horses, will survive. Watch the film Threads .