what have you got your four legged friends for Xmas??

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
A new Horseware fleece rug for £15 off ebay, delighted with it!

I always put a stocking outside Bailey's stable too and put mints, apples, dates and carotts in it. Suprising the poor thing doesn't get laminits the amount of sugar he gets through.

a newmarket fleece? if so you managed to get a brilliant bargain there!

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
i've got mine a hay block each (i think thats what they are called) usually get them some horselyx
i'm going to Olympia tomorrow *bouncing up and down in chair*and was thinking i'd get a nice new headcollar (& leadrope) and i could do with a new white numnah for competitions (mines looking a bit tatty) plus i was thinking i could get a numnah to match my xc colours (red & blue)....

basically "its a present for the horses" is my number one excuse (/reasoninng when buying something i don't need bu really want) :D .... i would also like to get ollie (dog) a santa coat

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
Pooch amused us no end tonight by giving all the pressies under the tree a good sniff, before going un-erringly to his very-annoying-squeaky-toy wrapped in Christmas paper, picking it neatly off the pile, ripping off the paper and driving us nuts playing with it for half an hour. How did he know that one was his? Laughing too much to take it off him, so off to get another one tomorrow.

when we got ollie a squeaky toy it was well over a week before he realised he was upposed to take the wrapper off

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
Mine don't celebrate Christmas! :p
Seriously though, they are living the life of Riley just now, all turned away while I am pregnant.. They have an enormous bale to go at (which my lovely farmer landlord refills the second it runs out)...they've all just had foot trims, a new sack of Kwik beet and top spec lite and another bag of forage plus winter balancer...obvs I would be doing all that whether it was Christmas or not...but as far as I'm concerned, they are in super condition right now (which I was very thrilled to hear from both vet and farrier the other day) looked after to the best of my ability and that is that.
They probably will get a few apples and mints and extra loves on Christmas day but not much else! :)
Dogs pretty much the same...they'll get a few extra healthy left overs and some extra good quality walks..I did toy with the idea of a set of elf ears for both of them but OH put his foot down so they will probably get a token house-collar bow!
I love all my animals to absolute bits but Christmas presents would not be my way of showing it - each to their own though, I've enjoyed reading everyone else's pressie lists :))

Marchogaeth

Visit site
A new saddle! Although felt that was more for me, so hes getting a Likit Selection Box and a treat Ball! Even wrapped them up!! :L in the tack room read for Christmas morning :)

Last edited:

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
Horseware Heavyweight TO rug.....been putting off buying one since I got her 3.5 years ago but the winters seem to be getting worse up here in Scotland!

nic85

Visit site
My horse has had a new dressage saddle, a new heavyweight turnout rug, a new blingy browband, some dead sheep and she will get a stocking with some carrots in and she usually gets a swede & carrot Kebab to crunch on Xmas day. But I also have Snowy the Shetland to get some Xmas treats for too so he will probably have a smaller swede & Carrot Kebab :)

holeymoley

Visit site
I've got mine a tongue twister I think it is from likit. Also looking at getting a stable mirror because he loves to look at himself and blow in it :p

Meems

Visit site
My horse lives out and gets supplemented with hay, but as a special treat I've bought her a bag of horsehage, which she adores. Will mix it 50/50 with her hay on Christmas day and for however many days after until it runs out. Also I bought a bag of parsnips at the supermarket today, will stick some in her feed along with the usual couple of carrots.

My little dog has been bought her first ever dog bed at the age of 13!! I know, it's something you normally buy when they're pups but she is rather spoilt and always sits/sleeps on the sofa and my bed. But she's starting to have problems jumping onto the sofa, hence the purchase of the bed. It's a really nice Joules one. Also I have bought her a new waterproof coat, to add to the numerous number of coats she's already got.

All in all, I've spent far more on my little dog than my big horse :eek:

NinjaPony

Visit site
Treats for them both, a head collar and hoof balm for my welshie, patent overreach boots, a sparkly browband and a thermatex quarter sheet for my Connemara :)

buzzles

Visit site
bags of carrots are 5c in aldi atm so might get them some of them! ID had his first proper hunt today and thought all his christmases and birthdays had come at once- he was fab and loved showing off his ditch jumping skills despite horrendous weather -l have never been so wet! The little lad will get some more attention and lots of work over christmas as hes been a bit neglected last few weeks as l've had exams. Thats it, they're spoilt rotten all year round anyway!

cavalo branco

Visit site
My little pickle of a mini-wire dachshund has crept into our spare room, emptied one of my kids' stockings (left early by santa!) chewed off the wrapping from 2 parcels - with socks inside and run off with a bag of chocolate coins!!! :eek::eek: So she gets nothing!! No, the dogs get pig ears and horses get carrots and a day off.:)

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Acouple of Likits

He did get a new quilt last month so he can class that as an Xmas prezzie esp as he is now getting cushings tablets in addition to all his other supplements

He will also be getting a nice drunken morning in Jan (at my expense of course) as he is being sedated to be clipped

Thought his Xmas was going to come early today as the mare he wishes was his gf damaged her stable and the spare was next to him but she was switched with a gelding instead

Last edited:

Pigeon

Visit site
This!! :eek:

blinggg_small.jpg

Pink_Lady

Visit site
Lovely photo Pigeon

My boy has done well this Christmas - LOL - probably better than some of the family - he has treats, carrots, a new likit, boots & a John Whittaker training aid

showpony

Visit site
Well as a pre Christmas treat both got a really good session with equine chiropractor - practical pressie??? Lol. Have gotten my mare some bling brown over reach boots and new numnahs on order for both.. their best pressie will be me back riding them mid Jan Lol after my surgery :)

nikkimariet

Visit site
A new snuggy hood in a particularly manly colour:
1530597_781520378541550_656368132_n_zps8156b035.jpg

A new saddlepad for competing next year:
1503332_780400755320179_1939396097_n_zps8d770055.jpg

And some blingy patent over reach boots for home plus a custom pair of curb reins from the awesome Julia at Kate Negus Saddlery (who restored my faith after the absolute trauma a well known company put me through).

Last edited:

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site

Oooo I love this! Very smart :)

Seeing your horse makes me wish I had a 'grown up' horse too, a well as my 14:1hh Welshy but then I work shifts and the pony doesn't care whether I ride him once or 5 times a week, he's always the same. I never had that with my mare (TB X Hanoverian), couldn't leave her more than two days without her feeling like an uncoiled spring!