What have you hidden from your OH?!

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Under interrogation I confess everything. I positively delight in my badness and OH's new grey hairs.
Poor dear man, his life used to be so simple when he was single.:p

AdorableAlice

Visit site
This.............
7thSept12005.jpg

bit tricky to be honest, especially as it was feral, broke a lot of things, kicked me and has grown a hand in 3 months. OH loves him now though !!

jaijai

Visit site
A friend of ours has stables/land attached to her house and has 4 horses. Her Dad only knows about 3 of them and they have had the 4th one for nearly a year!!! :eek: To say he is not interested in horses would be the understatement of the year. :)

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I pay for everything myself (and I mean everything not just the horses but all the house hold bills, mortgage, EVERYTHING). I do not tell my oh what I have spent on anything like that because its a constant battle to get him to contribute to normal living expenses (ie our daughter and the loo roll he wipes his backside on!). If he thought I had money spare to spend on horses it would be even harder to extract any from him. (it's not that he hasn't got any just that he quite likes living for free and saving all his). And yes you could say that's ridiculous sort him out blah blah but believe me I have a tried and this is the best I can come up with. I wouldn't let him stop me doing anything however.

So it's not just as simple as you might think those of you who have straight forward relationships!!

I feel for you I had an ex-husband like this - a complete freeloader :(

MiCsarah

Visit site
Apart from our latest pup I usually just go out and buy dogs and come back and claim they are a present for him. He really didnt want a dog but he cant resiste them when I bring them home and they are now apparently "his" dogs!

paddy

Visit site
This made me laugh. My OH has since 2006 managed to hide from me, at various points, 3 sheep, 2 cows, followed by 4 more cows, around 4 horses, one carriage. I THINK that might be about it. To make it worse, the liveries are in on it - Candy (13.2hh pony) was discovered when two different liveries claimed her as theirs; the sheep were hidden by a livery turning up the volume of the radio when they started making too much noise, etc.

Horsey OH's aren't necessarily something to which one should aspire....

noodle_

Visit site
No OH atm....

but i mentioned in passing to my dad about x's new friend who's "on loan" it didnt click... i still have one horse... and if he finds out one "on loan".....

The next that arrives next year was "free to a good home"... all planned in advance ya see!! :D

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
This made me laugh. My OH has since 2006 managed to hide from me, at various points, 3 sheep, 2 cows, followed by 4 more cows, around 4 horses, one carriage. I THINK that might be about it. To make it worse, the liveries are in on it - Candy (13.2hh pony) was discovered when two different liveries claimed her as theirs; the sheep were hidden by a livery turning up the volume of the radio when they started making too much noise, etc.

Horsey OH's aren't necessarily something to which one should aspire....

Absolutely brilliant ! You poor man, please don't ever meet my OH.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I am shocked that your OH keeps ALL his wages to himself and you pay for everything! Perhaps you should send him a monthly bill for half tthe expenses
And a contribution to his daughter's care.

Some men are unbelievably selfish.

My OH and I only have 'our' money, it is all in one pot and I don't buy stuff without him knowing. If I were going to buy something expensive I would check with him first.

I feel for you I had an ex-husband like this - a complete freeloader :(

He was self employed and despite working all the time never had any money. This went on for 5 years until I put my foot down and said get a proper job or get out. He got a proper job and now earns more than me. I just assumed he'd then want to make amends and he did give me some but only what I consider to be a fair share not any extra. He has for 5 years promised he would make it up to me and to be honest I feel bitter about fact I have to ask and ask for everything. I had to put my foot down again this month and he has agreed to contribute more, but it is grudged! I didn't ever grudge supporting him and "lending" him money so it hurts that he wants to save it for himself now he has it. I don't have any savings...

I come from a family where my parents had joint accounts and were completely upfront about everything. That is how I would like to be but I cannot see it happening.

So that's why he doesn't get to know my financial affairs!

Nannon

Visit site
No OH at the moment - I tell my rents that the numerous parcels in the post were much cheaper than I actually paid :p I'm lucky they are so tolerant, developed a habit of bringing waifs and strays home - they roll their eyes but they love me filling their farm with ponies honest!

Littlelegs

Visit site
Nothing really. We lived together when I bought a pony on impulse late one evening, I just rang & told him that's why I'd be late back. He hasn't really got a clue what stuff costs though above keep. I mentioned the other day that I had seen some mega cute pony thermatex sets that my daughter would love if I had the money. He casually said he'd buy her a set when he got paid on Friday. And then nearly had heart failure when I told him the price! He was thinking it would be £20 or so.

nicolenlolly

Visit site
His Christmas presents?! And even then I struggle :) i might sometimes say oh it didnt cost much love but he knows it will have done and just asks if I need any money to re-float my bank account. Occasionally I may exaggerate how long I have spent doing housework vs playing with the ponies but I am sure he knows!

Personally I like it that we are both honest but then I dont work so he pays for everything so I couldn't lie anyway, I would feel too bad!

L&M

Visit site
Well, I did buy a horse on our joint credit card, but had to come clean before the next statement came through!!

He had his revenge though as sold my beloved Ford KA without telling me to part exchange it for a BMW - I came home to find the garage empty and my son's car seat sitting on the floor in it's space....!

My hubbie and I have been together 21 yrs, and happily married for 16yrs.

The wife

Visit site
It's not lying, it's just not admitting to it... He hasn't asked yet and at the moment he assumes its a liveries horse... This was actually supposed to be a fun thread rather than a lets compare relationships with our OH's...

He did actually buy a car without me knowing!

Great to hear the mother and I are not alone! Hehe

Shooting Star

Visit site
not myself, I'm young free & single :p but I was at livery with a girl many years ago who set out with the money from her OH to buy a fridge freezer ... and came back with a pure bred arab, she did manage to hide the fact that she hadn't found the right 'model' for a few weeks :D

X

xspiralx

Nothing - I didn't buy a horse until I knew my OH was okay with it. It's my money yes, but it does have a large financial and time cost and I wanted to make sure he was okay with it. He knows exactly what the horse cost and the monthly keep, although I don't give him the ins and outs on every cost - it isn't hidden though, he just doesn't really care what a new rug costs!

Ambers mum

Visit site
With my ex, everything was being bought to sell on (my sister and I were dealers in children's ponies) and he never knew what we owned and what was part of our business ;). New hubby I am totally honest with and he even encourages me to buy veterans for my collection of showing VHS ponies lol....Infact I have only fibbed once to him and that was over a pair of long boots for my stepdaughter that cost me £200 and I showed him an 'equileather' pair online for £39.00 lol

skint1

Visit site
On and off I have hidden/omitted to tell/played down the cost of things (mostly to do with horses, cars and trailers) from my OH. I don't want to worry and upset him and I don't use his money but I know I should be more upfront, and I feel guilty because we should have a life like many of our contemporaries with numerous holidays abroad and long weekends in cities and country hotels and an up to date house but these things don't interest me, so I don't try that hard to get them and I feel like I have failed him :(