What horsey qualifiactions do you have??

kirstyfk

Visit site
I only have my Pony Club B horse and pony care (haven't got round to my riding and doubt my riding will ever be good enough) and a NC in Equine Studies. they arn't much but I can't see myself working with horses ever.

kerrylou123

Visit site
i work for the ASA (if you swim you will know what it is)
But i have my PTT, a national diploma in horse management, my NVQ 2(did these at college) my stage 1, 2, and 3 and thats about it! I worked with horses for about 2 years, got bored of the long hours and low wage, and quit!

rema

Visit site
BHS stages 1-3,NVQ 1&2.Heavy horse diploma and basic stud mangement.And i'm a cleaner for a living!.
grin.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I have 2/3 rds of an equine degree. That's it so far, don't plan on getting BHS stages as I don't agree with the BHS way, don't like the Pony Club so won't do their tests. And I don't know what job I'll be doing after uni either!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
I have my pony club D test
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
beat that everyone!!!!
* i did pass it when i was 5yrs old haha, i then took my D+ when i was 8yrs old, and failed *

have nothing else bar alot of experiance, which i think is better than qualifications, unless you're a vet.

teapot

Visit site
Stage 1 and my R&RS - that's it, was going to go down the AI route but cost was just too much really

Now doing a history degree

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
well i have an national diploma bhs 1& 2, most of my nvq 3 and hopefully my PTT this year, however i do totally agree experience is very important!!! but some times it helps having something to back it up

kerrylou123

Visit site
MissDeMeena.... i agree. You can't beat experience! I have a few qualifications, but theres stuff i have learnt the theory about, but because i dont have the experience, i wouldnt have a clue what it was if were to see it (if that makes sense)

sparky78

Visit site
I have a degree in Equine Science (Bsc Hons) and Riding and Road Safety certificate! Brought up in Italy so no PonyClub or BHS exams there anyway!
Now I am a Primary School teacher!
What do they say about never working with animals or children......??!
grin.gif

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
I, too, have my D test, (and my c and b tests too!).

Then I did my BHSAI, decided to leave the BHS system and went into stud work, showing and producing and got my NPSSA and my NPS Diploma.

I am now a BD Regional Trainer.

Solstar

Visit site
i have 13 years experience and my pony club d, d+, c, c+. quit pc last year after one of the instructors walloped my horse in the face(he didnt do anything apart from go to say hello). i dont think you can ever justify hitting an already headshy horse, and i dont think its on hitting someone elses horse either

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I have a First Diploma in horse care, Riding and road safety, Health and safety aorund horses and I'm working towards my National Diploma in horse management.

jesterfaerie

Visit site
Not many...
BHS 1&2
National Diploma in Horse Managment
Riding and Road Safety
PC test D and D+

Going to Nottingham Trent in october to study BSc (hons) in Equine Sport Science

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
BHS stages 1-3,NVQ 1&2.Heavy horse diploma and basic stud mangement.And i'm a cleaner for a living!.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The heavy horse diploma sounds interesting - tell me more please
smile.gif

Fairynuff

Visit site
None, just 40 odd years of experience and working as a groom. Ive now got my own yard and am thinking about going back to freelance grooming at shows. 100 euros a day isnt bad
grin.gif
.Almost forgot, Im studying for my Senior Horsemasters Cert and Im about half way. It wont do me any good but its good to keep the brain working and Im learning lots of things that I knew but didnt know the why fors. M.
smile.gif

Halfstep

Visit site
I have my BHSAI, but to be honest I did it so long ago I've forgotten most of it.
Much more important has been my experience, especially being taught by some very good people and trying to absorb knowledge wherever it is in evidence.

rema

Visit site
Hello.The Heavy horse Diploma is run by the Shire horse society in peterborough.It covered every thing from basic stable management to the working of the heavies(from picking out the feet to long reining,harnessing and driving).Every 6 months for 2 years an assessor would come down to assess us and mark our sheets.I think the BHS still do a heavy horse module.We had to do ours as our boss was very high up in the showing and breeding world.And was on the board of the SHS.Boy i miss the big guys!.
grin.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
Pony Club AH (A care) which I did this time last year and at some point in the next 7 years before I'm 25 I'd like to have a stab at the A riding.

Breezesbenefactor

Visit site
Just polishing off an NVQ in horsecare and then going on to level 2, have also done a series of courses in foirst aid for horses...and humans. Want to do a course in lunging & long reining also....oh I'm a surveyor