What horsey qualifiactions do you have??

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have BHS Stages 1, 2, 3 and PTT but I'm a police sergeant now.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the same line of business, but totally unqualified horsewise..just have over 20 years experience of owning and showing horses (and have ridden on and off for 35 years)

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i have the best quals i think and thats 40yrs experiance

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more
smile.gif

No qualifications what so ever but 43 years experience.
3 of my current pupils have their AI and two also have the PC A test (care and riding). Sometimes wonder if they should be teaching me
wink.gif

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
Riding club stages 1, 2 and 3 in riding and horse care/management and 35 years experience. Used to be a Robinsons horse care examiner/contact.

charlie76

Visit site
I have my BHS Stages 1,2,3,4 riding and stable management. I am a BHSI(SM) which means BHS intermediate instructor plus my BHS Stable Managers exam- basically just have my E & T to go before I am a BHSI. I also have NVQ level 2, Riding and Road Safety.

pagancluf

Visit site
Got stages I & II and taking III in two weeks time - eeek!! but I know what you mean - length of time around horses and experience is WAY above taking exams - youv;e seen it done it and got the T shirt really - only started owning a horse 2 1/2 years ago and never knew how to put tack on before this?? so have got a lot to learn. Hence asking you a million and one questions every week?!?!??!
smirk.gif

mistonia

Visit site
horsey related riding and road saftey, riding club exams horse management 1 and 2 and the riding club equitation 1 and 2 with jumping.

I am currently un emplyed do a bit of stud work and breeding, training schooling, teaching (riding) as a hobby and have a (BSC) in economics and management agribusinees. Been trained in the BHS exams up to stage three but unfortunately never had the oppertunity to actually do it, something always happen and we never get their.

Scarlett

Visit site
I have my stage 1 and 2, failled my PTT a while back after an argument with the examiner and never tried again... Done loads of teaching and worked on a big yard with loads of different horses which taught me more than any exam could...

Took a few years off and moved down south to try and get back into it, however its all changed with the fear of legal action, wasnt allowed to work without stirrups, or canter or jump clients, and this coupled with the long hours and crap pay (thought its loads better than it was when i started) meant a good office job and my own youngsters to bring on was a better idea. Still give lessons to friends and folk on the yard, would like to try agian one day - teaching is the only job I have ever truely enjoyed...