what iritates you the most?

Booboos

Visit site
I hate people who have lessons in the middle of warm up rings. It's fine to have your trainer come along (lucky you!) and give some tips from the side, but taking up half the arena, focusing so hard on the lesson everyone else has to look out for you and having to dodge the trainer in the middle of the arena is not on.

BigRed

Visit site
People who smoke while riding and people who go on pub rides.

and... the [****] who sits behind me at work.

Solstar

Visit site
people not using the keepers on their bridles.

people who don't sweep up afetr themselves.

people who over feed their horse- a fat little pony who is lucky to hack out 3 times a week DOES NOT need friggin competition mix every day!

L

lilym

TB's and a certain brainless twonk who obviously owns one....................
wink.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
TB's and a certain brainless twonk who obviously owns one....................
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You mustn't be so envious, lilym.
If you sold that thing in your avatar for meat, you'd get a few hundred pounds to start you off saving for a decent TB.
S
grin.gif

happyhack

Visit site
i HATE it when people stand around whinging about how much work they have got to do........

STOP WHINGING AND GET ON WITH IT!!!

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i HATE it when people stand around whinging about how much work they have got to do........

STOP WHINGING AND GET ON WITH IT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean me, I'm trying to! I'm just a bit constrained by the fact that a document has gone missing...into cyberspace and no-one seems to know where it is....
S
grin.gif

Daisychain

Visit site
the one thing that i have never quite got my head around is how people blame food for every bit of bad behaviour, its the biggest load of crap ever in my opinion, personally i have always found the problem to be leaving them shut in for hours at a time and insufficient work.

AnnaandStella

Visit site
The thing that irritates me the most is when people assume there are hard & fast rules that should apply that don't affect welfare/safety - e.g.

"That horse should be in blahblahblah bit because it worked for me" doesn't follow as every horse/rider is different.

Same with feeding, rugging, turnout, exercise.

Also, people who love their horses so much they can't see the partnership is just a hopeless mismatch - overhorsing & underhorsing is the main reason for over-bitting, loss of confidence etc...

Skhosu

Visit site
Save my current horse (a bay) I've always had coloureds or greys.
I wouldn't dream of taking them out with obvious mud stains or any mud on them.
I have a cold hose, a tie ring and have kept horses in various ways.
respect for horse or not, thinking it is great to be scruffy at a show, in reality everyone just sees is as a lack of effort and laziness, including the judge who is giving their time (more than it would take to clean the horse)
All you need is a brush? Since you say it is stains. Nobody expects a white horse to be gleaming, just clean, a slight yellow tinge is generally acceptable. Perhaps this is what you mean, and your post just read as though you were proud of going scruffy.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think this shows a great lack of respect for the organisers/judge personally. It's not that hard to clean a horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, yes it is - YOU try keeping a grey (white) horse outside 24/7 in a very muddy paddock!! I do have a stable however another horse has to come in every night. I only have a freezing cold water hose!! I attempted to wash his legs the other day with bucket loads for BSJA and they ended up worse than before (stained brown)!

I assume you probably have access to a warm hot water hose OR have a stabled horse OR have a bay!!!

I am always as tidy as possible - Of course, I try to be clean and tidy myself and I always brush the mane and tail well and brush them well. Who cares about stains for SJ in the winter?! I think I show TOTAL respect for my horse by keeping him outside 24/7 where he belongs...
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have FOUR greys, when I compete in the winter I always wash the mane and tail at least - with a cold hose, the horse is immediately rugged up and made comfortable, any stains on the body are scrubbed away with a waterless shampoo, there are a number of very good ones on the market - so sorry no excuse for stains these days, even if your horse is out 24/7 (two of mine are btw). I respect my horses enormously and they want for absolutely nothing.

I too think it is disrespectful to the judge and organisers not to make sure your turnout is as good as you can get it, after all, they have made the effort to provide us with a competition, the least we can do is look presentable and sorry but a dirty horse/scruffy rider is not presentable imho.

L

lilym

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think this shows a great lack of respect for the organisers/judge personally. It's not that hard to clean a horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, yes it is - YOU try keeping a grey (white) horse outside 24/7 in a very muddy paddock!! I do have a stable however another horse has to come in every night. I only have a freezing cold water hose!! I attempted to wash his legs the other day with bucket loads for BSJA and they ended up worse than before (stained brown)!

I assume you probably have access to a warm hot water hose OR have a stabled horse OR have a bay!!!

I am always as tidy as possible - Of course, I try to be clean and tidy myself and I always brush the mane and tail well and brush them well. Who cares about stains for SJ in the winter?! I think I show TOTAL respect for my horse by keeping him outside 24/7 where he belongs...
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have FOUR greys, when I compete in the winter I always wash the mane and tail at least - with a cold hose, the horse is immediately rugged up and made comfortable, any stains on the body are scrubbed away with a waterless shampoo, there are a number of very good ones on the market - so sorry no excuse for stains these days, even if your horse is out 24/7 (two of mine are btw). I respect my horses enormously and they want for absolutely nothing.

I too think it is disrespectful to the judge and organisers not to make sure your turnout is as good as you can get it, after all, they have made the effort to provide us with a competition, the least we can do is look presentable and sorry but a dirty horse/scruffy rider is not presentable imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to agree, i show mine from the field, my welshie lives out all year, and has white legs, with a bit of effort it doesn't take alot to get them clean, and as sirena says it IS disrespectful to go to a show looking like you have made no effort at all
frown.gif
mad.gif

silversox

Visit site
Inappropriate tack in the show-ring
Numnahs, period
Children in long riding boots
Black hoof varnish
Bad mannered children
Bad-mannered adults
Pushy parents
The new fashion of hunter ponies and M&M's being shown with bling and ribbons. Yuk.
Very short mustard-coloured show jackets that don't cover the rider's little bum. Even more yuk!!!
Local Judges who don't have the manners to dress smartly when the exhibitors have.

Talking of numnahs which I hate, why do dressage horses have to wear those awful great white squares?? If the saddle fits correctly then a numnah is NOT necessary. The use of a saddle-cloth or stable-rubber to keep the saddle clean when exercising at home is acceptable, though.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

i have to agree, i show mine from the field, my welshie lives out all year, and has white legs, with a bit of effort it doesn't take alot to get them clean, and as sirena says it IS disrespectful to go to a show looking like you have made no effort at all
frown.gif
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my Devil! You go out in public with a native?!
shocked.gif

Aren't you embarassed? Or do you wear a balaclava?
S
grin.gif