What is going on here?

Mudfukkle

Visit site
My opinion is that the girl can ride, and the horse is nappy, behind the leg and lazy, for whatever reason? So she is trying to market him as a "kick along"
I think this horse would take the mick.

9tails

Visit site
Thanks ester, I can see what the fuss is about now. Rather an ugly picture of a not-very-forward-going not-very-typey unbalanced Welsh cob. He looks like hard work.

rara007

Visit site
Looking at their other vids she can certainly ride properly- not then best no doubt but perfectly OK!

ps. section Ds don't have a max height limit

Tern

Visit site
Thanks ester for link.

Poor horse, he can not be pure surely? That tail is horrifically at an angle - probably something to do with back. In the hacking video of him, he looks rather edgy and when he has a poo it very much looks like a horse with a broken dock.

ETA: A search of his full name comes up as an ad in Preloved in the friesians department.. Owner thinking possible friesian cross welsh then?

rara007

Visit site
ETA: A search of his full name comes up as an ad in Preloved in the friesians department.. Owner thinking possible friesian cross welsh then?

But it also lists his sire and dam that are both welsh? It seems to come up in every category even showjumpers :p

WelshD

Visit site
The prefix doesn't seem to be registered and also isn't listed on the WPCS list of studs, doesn't make him impure but could indicate why he is a poor example

Goldenstar

Visit site
When I try horses destined for MrGS I always do a spot of balance losing rein flapping forward collapsing jumping with the reins completely dropped if the horse reacts badly it's not for that job , I don't do the standing on the back .
Sweet horse, nature has not dealt him the best cards but someone will love him .

3OldPonies

Visit site
All very strange. The riding is atrocious, even before the woman says to make it worse. And that tail - he's not happy somewhere - perhaps they've resorted to the old gyppo trick trick of putting a bit of ginger up his bum to make him appear 'spirited'. And the ending - sorry, standing on a saddle does nothing for me - it just makes the person look like a bit of a loser in my book.

Annagain

Visit site
How bizarre. If I were to get a welshie I'd want a small compact one not a 16hh one!!!

I love Welshies having had one from when we were both 13 until he died at 27, but now that I have 16.3 and 17hh IDx I think I'd feel way too big a on a 'normal' Welshie. I really want another when the time is right and a 15.2 + one would be great for me as long as he's just an 'overgrown' pony i.e. still true to type....so not this one, obviously.

Poor thing is exactly the sort to have his good nature exploited.

hihosilver

Visit site
Horse looks really cross to me! The circus tricks have no place in my book when it comes to seeing a horse. I do think though he will make novice hack for someone.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Sorry, what a silly video, are they trying to sell that horse? Seems a nice sort. Saddle is totally wrong and seems to far forward on his shoulder, how can he be shown to his best being ridden like that and in that saddle! He may not be the best horse in world but looks like a nice hack and will make a nice friend for some one. They need to withdraw that and get a decent one done, however £2000 seems a bit steep!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
yes MTF were farringtons coloured horses.

They are one of the good dealers out there, and sell honestly as far as i can tell which is why i was surprised with this choice of video. That said i guess it's better to show a 'warts and all' video rather than just the best bits and leave you to find out all the naughtyness once you've bought it.

I do like the horse, but agree he does look like he could be hard work once established.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Visit site
I know a horse who is 16hh and apparently a Welsh D. She's not got the best conformation however as a riding horse she's great and she's got the most amazing canter (and Welsh trot) so there definitely are bigger ones, however they're not necessarily better.

Poor boy, wonder why they don't show him cantering?
could it be possible he has a pacer-trotter-4 beat canter/can't canter/awful canter? if he was a horse for beginners I'd much rather see him being ridden quietly by someone without them flapping around and making a fool out of themselves.

windand rain

Visit site
Bless him. I really like him.

Obviously saddle didn't fit, was badly positioned and the plonker on his back couldn't ride.
My thought exactly
Especially the saddle fit what an awful video but he did seem quite sensible in spite of all the pulling about

Last edited:

Nessa4

Visit site
Wow! that is . . awful!

not sure what is going on, not sue if its an average rider trying to be really bad to show how 'well behaved' horse is with Novice riders or if some one acctually let some one that bad on their horse and thought it would be a good advert to sell said horse?

The horse doesn nothing for me at all but then it was hardly being 'shown off'!

Who ever is taking the video actually shouted at her to "Ride badly - lose your balance......" so I assume she is trying to show how good he is with a complete beginner/novice. Still not very edifying to watch though.(Igave up when she stood on him).

RaYandFinn

Visit site
Bless him. I really like him

Obviously saddle didn't fit, was badly positioned and the plonker on his back couldn't ride.

This. I saw the ad on fb but didn't watch the vid. I thought... I like the look of him. Obv not a pure Welsh... He's got something else in there.

But I think without a plonker on his back, a good saddle and some tlc he could be nice...

sasquatch

Visit site

maybe I am watching the wrong link, I can't see the video on the first page and clicked a link to youtube someone had posted.
or I might have accidentally skipped a bit, not sure :/

ETA - just went back and watched the link, must have skipped the first half of it somehow as I only saw from just after when she says 'now ride him really badly'

Last edited: