What is going on with Viovet?

Birker2020

Visit site
I ordered another Myoplast last Tuesday as mine was due to run out at the weekend. I paid online and added £1.99 delivery charge for next day delivery so thought I'd have plenty of time before his tub ran out.

On Wednesday I got an email stating that the post office didn't recognise the address. After ringing and speaking to the lady who sent me the email and explaining that its a building site and not completed but everyone else (including the post office) manage to find us she said she'd send the order out.

I never received it so on Friday in desperation I rang again to ask where my order had gone. They said they were going to dispatch it immediately, I told them that was no good as the site is shut over the weekend. So they agreed to put in allocated stock until Monday when it would be released. I sent an email to them to this effect in case the message was not forwarded.

So I rang on Monday, spoke to someone who sounded half efficient and they said they would dispatch that day. This morning I received a email from Viovet which was sent to me last night at 5.27pm saying: "I can see that your order has been dispatched and the tracking is showing it as to be delivered shortly; I hope all is well with your delivery."

Arggh, site shuts at 5.30pm.

Tried to ring this morning at 8.15am, 8.30am, and 8.45am only for their voicemail saying "we are closed at the moment but our offices reopen at 8am".

Terrible service. Never again.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I have found the past couple of months that they dispatch really slowly. It took them nearly 2 week before they dispatched my order. I only use them for things I'm not desperate for.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
appreciate that's frustrating but it sounds like trying to get stuff delivered to a building site that has restricted hours was always likely to cause problems? I wouldnt expect a courier delivery to be 9-5, it depends what the delivery round is like doesn't it?

that said i don't tend to use them for anything urgent.

Birker2020

Visit site
appreciate that's frustrating but it sounds like trying to get stuff delivered to a building site that has restricted hours was always likely to cause problems? I wouldnt expect a courier delivery to be 9-5, it depends what the delivery round is like doesn't it?

that said i don't tend to use them for anything urgent.
Never thought about it before, as never had any issues with the deliveries I normally have. Nobody else in our offices has ever had issues, we have stuff continually from Bunzl, Lyreco, Royal Mail, Amazon, Ebay, Fed-Ex, Parcelforce and UPS.

Birker2020

Visit site
I have found the past couple of months that they dispatch really slowly. It took them nearly 2 week before they dispatched my order. I only use them for things I'm not desperate for.
Yep Amazon all the way next time. I think I'm going to have to spend another £60 and get one for next day from Amazon. Grrrr

Just tried ringing them and I am caller number 14 in the queue so something tells me its not just be suffering lol!

L&M

Visit site
I gave up using vio vet when I paid for 2 orders in a row with express postage, only for the orders to take over a week each. And they wouldn't refund the postage......a shame as used to swear by them.

WispyBegs

Visit site
I’ve been really disappointed with their service recently. I am now having to buy my horses supplements in my local country store at a much higher price because it’s taking 1-2 weeks to receive orders even when paying for express.
I’m now avoiding ordering from them which is a shame as they used to be so reliable.

Birker2020

Visit site
amazon deliver up to 9pm!! :p
that's fine and dandy but because I'd already had the conversation with them about a) it being a building site and b) we are not open at the weekend you would have thought they would have enough about them to ensure that the delivery got there during the day, during business hours. Surely they would have concluded that we operate business hours???????

After all I don't think I have ever seen a building site work up to 9pm especially in the dark winter evenings. Its just common sense. ;)

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I don't know how it's going on that side of the channel, but this time of year so close to the holidays I would expect that delivery could be outside of normal hours (later). The delivery drivers get quite busy and scrambling about trying to do their best.

Your business hours really isn't on them.

Yes, I'd be a bit annoyed that I paid for faster delivery and that didn't happen, but I'd take it up with VioVet and also recognise that you might have to exercise a bit more patience this time of year. I always order feed and supplements at the beginning of Dec to last until the end of Jan because I don't know how chaotic it will get. Fortunately, not so bad this year.

This isn't the first VioVet complaint I've heard though. I think some may begin to shop elsewhere in the future.

On a side note: has anyone looked at the Myoplast ingredients and what they charge for it? Seems a bit much. Obviously if it works, don't fix what's not broken.

Birker2020

Visit site
but that's not the delivery driver's problem really, if he works longer than your opening hours he would just leave a "we tried to deliver" card and then the ball is in your court :)
Yep no delivery card left and the security guard who is on over night (but isn't permitted to accept deliveries) didn't mention a delivery/attempted delivery when carrying out handover to our gateman this morning.

terrierliz

Visit site
I have just received an order after 2 weeks waiting not their normal efficient service, maybe like a lot of businesses they are suffering with staff shortages and supply chain issues

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I must have been lucky recently, I ordered something, ticked normal slow delivery and it arrived next day, can't remember which courier they used.

With timings if a company uses royal mail then it could be delivered on a Saturday which if you had it delivered to work could be an issue.

The problem I find with all these companies is that depending on where you are different delivery firms are better or worse, royal mail is terrible, not the normal postie but when it comes out separately. Myhermes and yodel are fine. Someone else that might be reversed.

On a side note: has anyone looked at the Myoplast ingredients and what they charge for it? Seems a bit much. Obviously if it works, don't fix what's not broken.

It's Spirulina with a sugar coating. When my vet suggested it, I bought straight Spirulina from a company that sells it in large quantities for the human supplement market. However it's a bit messier and obviously you have to consider how palatable it is without the sugar coating.

saddlesore

Visit site
They’ve been utterly useless of late, selling items they don’t have in stock and then holding the entire order until they get it all in. If you want the order quicker you need to pay both sets of postage. They should make it clear when items aren’t in stock and that you will need to wait before ordering. I’ve cancelled my last 2 orders and avoid them now.

Birker2020

Visit site
It's Spirulina with a sugar coating. When my vet suggested it, I bought straight Spirulina from a company that sells it in large quantities for the human supplement market. However it's a bit messier and obviously you have to consider how palatable it is without the sugar coating.
Doesn't it also contain a variety of amino acids and anti cake agent?
How do you know if the spirulina contains the same?
I would be tempted otherwise, save me a fortune.

bouncing_ball

Visit site
Feeding double the volume of charnwoods micronised linseed provides the same amount (or slightly more) of the essential acids provided by daily dose of myoplast

Kaylum

Visit site
We ordered some fly masks in the summer they took 3 months to arrive.
We said we would collect them as they are only down the road. Nope not possible. They take your money and your stuff is then ordered in.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I haven't used them for some time now as I had a slow delivery and when it arrived it was damaged. They did however refund the damaged item when I made a fuss

However, I don't think their courier company attempting delivery out of hours at this time of year is actually their fault. I have had deliveries after 5pm recently from Amazon, DPD and Hermes. They are busier and extend their hours.
If you can't reliably get deliveries to the work address, can you not use another one where there is more chance of success?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site

Milliepops beat me to technical information but when your tub arrives check the ingredients on the back and you'll see. I think I had better results with straight Spirulina but I may have been feeding a bit more as it was pure. I bought from Nutricraft.

I switched to whey powder and have also just fed lysine as forage was low at the last yard. Horse is fussy and will not always eat much linseed though at the moment he is eating so I don't supplement protein.

Forageplus have some good articles about protein and amino acid.

sport horse

Visit site
On Monday, I needed two things urgently and I ordered them from both Pet Drugs Online and e vet. PDO arrived today. Evet despatched Monday and DPD failed to deliver yesterday & today 'due to unforeseen circumstances'