What is going on with Viovet?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
My last order took ages to dispatch and about 10 days overall to arrive. I wasn’t in a hurry. Mine had prescription items that had to be approved but that didn’t take long compared to how long it took to arrive. I guess I’m used to things arriving within 2-3 days as a normal service these days or even next day with Amazon.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
On Monday, I needed two things urgently and I ordered them from both Pet Drugs Online and e vet. PDO arrived today. Evet despatched Monday and DPD failed to deliver yesterday & today 'due to unforeseen circumstances'

Whereas I had an issue with pet drugs online where they put the wrong address on an item. The post office refused to release the item without the card and proof of address which of course I didn't have as it was the wrong address. PDO said I had to wait till it was returned to them and they'd sent it out again or wait till it was reported missing and they would refund. Did get a refund eventually but it was for Bute so wasn't sure about the prescription.

Steerpike

Visit site
I've used them recently and they were reasonably quick, I normally use supplement solutions but they can sometimes be a bit more expensive.

Ellietotz

Visit site
Milliepops beat me to technical information but when your tub arrives check the ingredients on the back and you'll see. I think I had better results with straight Spirulina but I may have been feeding a bit more as it was pure. I bought from Nutricraft.

I switched to whey powder and have also just fed lysine as forage was low at the last yard. Horse is fussy and will not always eat much linseed though at the moment he is eating so I don't supplement protein.

Forageplus have some good articles about protein and amino acid.

Myoplast is:

Algae powder (Spirulina platensis) 40%, Saccharose, Glucose syrup, Corn starch.

You can buy a 1kg bag of 100% Spirulina from Bulk for £23.99. Could probably find it cheaper but that was from a quick search.

sjdress

Visit site
I ordered something from Viovet Recently and paid for express delivery. After 10 days it still hadn’t arrived. They did however refund my postage and the item arrived eventually!

Birker2020

Visit site
It arrived this morning about an hour ago! Analytical content. Still waiting for photo of ingredients - internet terrible in portacabin today. Quicker to type: sugar, algae powder (spirulina platensis) 40%. wheat startch, glucose syrup, sodium chloride.
Blimey loads of posts about it on here 1640255661047.png
1640255447666.png

Uliy

Visit site
I placed an order on Saturday and got it yesterday lunchtime, from DX rather than Royal Mail. Royal Mail I’ve always found very slow but that’s not Viovet’s fault!

Reacher

Visit site
Glad it finally arrived.

I tried feeding spirulina (it’s supposed to help with allergies according to dr kellon ) and my Mr H, who loves his food, would not eat it. I can see why the Myoplast sugar coats it.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
So 40% is Spirulina.

Funnily enough my fussy one who is a bit meh about oats and linseed would eat it, I had more trouble with the myoplast, because it's sugar coated it's hard little balls which is easy for a determined horse to separate out.

When I stopped feeding it to him for protein I gave it to my allergy prone one and it seemed to help.

Birker2020

Visit site
So 40% is Spirulina.

Funnily enough my fussy one who is a bit meh about oats and linseed would eat it, I had more trouble with the myoplast, because it's sugar coated it's hard little balls which is easy for a determined horse to separate out.

When I stopped feeding it to him for protein I gave it to my allergy prone one and it seemed to help.
I tried two or three of the little balls the other day, reminded me very much of an aniseed taste although that's not an ingredient listed.

marmalade88

Visit site
I have a regular dog food delivery set up with viovet and I’ve never had any problems. I‘ve used eVet because they are on the same site as my vet. They are helpful and you can collect if you live locally. As others have said myoplast is just marketing for some basic supplements you can buy cheaper elsewhere. They could probably sell it cheaper if they didn’t have a huge marketing budget sponsoring top riders, but that could be said for most equine companies.

tatty_v

Visit site
They’ve been utterly useless of late, selling items they don’t have in stock and then holding the entire order until they get it all in. If you want the order quicker you need to pay both sets of postage. They should make it clear when items aren’t in stock and that you will need to wait before ordering. I’ve cancelled my last 2 orders and avoid them now.

exact same thing happened to me too. When I phoned them we arranged to cancel and refund the out of stock item and send the rest, but at no point until I called did anyone mention I’d ordered something that was out of stock. Shame as I really rated them until recently.