What is the most stupid thing you have been trolled on social media for?

Meadow21

Visit site
I have been attacked recently on social media over a really stupid reason. I won a ps of Sweden saddle pad that sadly doesn’t fit my saddle so gave it to a friend’s daughter. Yes it is a full size saddle pad on a pony so swamps him but they only walk/trot on the lead rein, so I didn’t see a problem. I posted a picture of pony and child with their new saddle pad on a Facebook group (with mums permission of course).
I was met with several horrific comments accusing me of abuse as the saddle pad is a full size on a pony, how dangerous! I also had comments of outrage that a child had been given a ps of Sweden saddle pad, maybe I should have stored it away or offered it to them!
I have noticed on here as well most forums have the odd uncalled for rude/critical reply, I don’t get why people feel the need! But anyway, enough of my rant!

Share the most stupid thing you have been ‘trolled’ over online!

ArklePig

Visit site
If this counts as social media, I see that you reference some replies here...

I once got absolutely torn apart by a poster on here when I posted that I got bit by a horse. I acknowledged that I had probably accidentally scared it, and should have kept greater distance, but it was no good for this poster! Then she directed something nasty at me and I defended myself and was accused of making it about me ?

It's a mental thread if you fancy tracking it down for a laugh. I laugh about it now but at the time I was really upset. I think I might have cried ?

Ceifer

Visit site
Got trolled for saying I use an old/had a fall in riding hat for clipping - apparently that’s more dangerous than not using one at all - WTAF?!
When I was a student (many moons ago) we were told not to wear riding hats when clipping. The reasoning being that the peak would limit your field of vision if you were going to get kicked/bitten somewhere other than your head you wouldn’t see it coming.
I have worn a hat when clipping and the only downside I found was it’s blooming hot!

[153312]

Visit site
Got trolled for saying I use an old/had a fall in riding hat for clipping - apparently that’s more dangerous than not using one at all - WTAF?!

In all fairness this is correct, damaged or ill fitting hats and body protectors can do more damage. Really if you've fallen off in them they need checking by someone qualified to see if they're safe to use or not. But someone behind a screen can't make that assessment.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Most recently, for saying that if riders thank considerate drivers it's more likely those drivers will carry on being considerate. I got a barrage of abuse from people saying that as riders are entitled to be on the road, they shouldn't have to thank anyone.

Same page, next day, they were complaining about cyclists thinking they were "entitled" , how much they hated them,

The irony.

We're not all perfect. We are all vulnerable.

Widgeon

Visit site
Most recently, for saying that if riders thank considerate drivers it's more likely those drivers will carry on being considerate. I got a barrage of abuse from people saying that as riders are entitled to be on the road, they shouldn't have to thank anyone.

Same page, next day, they were complaining about cyclists thinking they were "entitled" , how much they hated them, The irony. We're not all perfect. We are all vulnerable.

Oh now this does my HEAD in. I no longer contribute to discussions on road safety because it's only a matter of time before the entitled brigade turn up.

I once got absolutely torn apart by a poster on here when I posted that I got bit by a horse.

I remember this well, it was bizzare. I still can't fathom why the other person had such deeply held personal feelings about someone they'd never met....that was a really wierd thread. They were like a labrador with a piece of mouldy cheese. Just PUT IT DOWN.....oh no....here we go again.

smolmaus

Visit site
If this counts as social media, I see that you reference some replies here...

I once got absolutely torn apart by a poster on here when I posted that I got bit by a horse. I acknowledged that I had probably accidentally scared it, and should have kept greater distance, but it was no good for this poster! Then she directed something nasty at me and I defended myself and was accused of making it about me ?

It's a mental thread if you fancy tracking it down for a laugh. I laugh about it now but at the time I was really upset. I think I might have cried ?
I remember that one, it was WILD! ?

I don't post anything interesting or controversial enough to get trolled, must do better :(

abbijay

Visit site
I was threatened to be reported to the RSPCA about 11 years ago. What huge atrocity had I performed, you cry? I jumped my clydesdale!
I literally popped a couple of fences at about 2' on a 7 year old, horse that was fit, healthy and enjoying a bit of variety. You'd think I'd beaten seven shades out of him, left him in a stable without mucking out or feed for a week the way I was dealt with. I ended up volunteering to give my address to the people who were shouting this so they could call in the inspectors.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I was threatened to be reported to the RSPCA about 11 years ago. What huge atrocity had I performed, you cry? I jumped my clydesdale!
I literally popped a couple of fences at about 2' on a 7 year old, horse that was fit, healthy and enjoying a bit of variety.
I used to get regular trolling from someone because I...

(not sure if I should put this behind spoiler tags in case it causes upset, anyone easily offended, look away now)

...I rode my Suffolk. With a saddle and everything!

The troll was allegedly a Suffolk supporter but felt they should only be admired, used for some gentle ploughing or bred and absolutely nothing else.

abbijay

Visit site
I used to get regular trolling from someone because I...

(not sure if I should put this behind spoiler tags in case it causes upset, anyone easily offended, look away now)

...I rode my Suffolk. With a saddle and everything!

The troll was allegedly a Suffolk supporter but felt they should only be admired, used for some gentle ploughing or bred and absolutely nothing else.
You heinous person :eek:
I have been told cantering and galloping is cruel - by a person who is a founding member of the BRHHS. Go figure?!
The key protagonist who wanted to report me first got into heavy horses by going and riding at Cumbrian Heavy Horses, 2 years later she was deriding them for doing fast work at all. If she hadn't had that first canter on a clydesdale would she have gone and started a "breeding farm"... and telling everyone she knew more about heavy horses than people who had been doing it for years.